What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
That's exactly right mate, as someone who's been left behind to deal with it, it really sucks.

I can't pretend to know what people go through prior to doing such a thing but its the loved ones who are left behind that suffer the most.

Absolutely.

And I don't want to do that to my loved ones.

But it's getting to a point now where I've sought help for 22 years, and have been living a half life, and I can't really take it any more.

I don't think I'd ever act on it, but I understand why people do.

Incorrect

Coach
David Riccio just on SEN said we were interested in Kade Dykes (who has since resigned with the Sharks)…

the point probably being, while we don’t apply to be active in the player market, behind the scene the team is doing their job…..
Good lord, I'd have thought we learned a lesson from the time we signed his father!! One of the worst signings in Eels history on the bang for buck scale.... It's like the blue and gold jersey was kryptonite. As soon as he went back to the Sharks, normal service resumed!!!

Avenger

Immortal
David Riccio just on SEN said we were interested in Kade Dykes (who has since resigned with the Sharks)…

the point probably being, while we don’t apply to be active in the player market, behind the scene the team is doing their job…..
His dad probably advised him against it who was one of the worst buys Brian Smith ever made.

Although he played for us at 6 during our biggest win in history ironically against the Sharks 74-4.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I was 'left behind' 27 years ago and whilst I probably spent the first 10 years thinking I was suffering the most, i"ve realised in the last 10 that their suffering was no doubt infinitely worse.

Stay safe everyone and take care of yourselves and each other.

I describe it as "acting" through life.

I have to act like I have normal thought processes; I have to act like I am doing OK; I have to act like I am a people person.

Putting on that mask is so psychologically draining, and it means that I can't sleep well, I overeat, I get stressed, I eat more, and I lash out at my loved ones.

I live my life in constant anger, because other people experience the highs of life - all I can feel are the lows.

I adore my son - but my brain focuses on my lack of sleep, how he is always sick (and how it affects my work), and how it impacts me.

I don't consider myself a selfish person, but I'm unable to arrest this thought process.

And it makes me feel even worse.

CBT has helped, but very, very slowly.

I've reached a point where the very act of living is so exhausting, that I feel that there's no point.

That's when the thoughts creep in.

It wouldn't solve anything, but it would end my pain.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Good lord, I'd have thought we learned a lesson from the time we signed his father!! One of the worst signings in Eels history on the bang for buck scale.... It's like the blue and gold jersey was kryptonite. As soon as he went back to the Sharks, normal service resumed!!!

His dad probably advised him against it who was one of the worst buys Brian Smith ever made.

Although he played for us at 6 during our biggest win in history ironically against the Sharks 74-4.

He is a highly rated junior. Dogs also chased him

but yes his dad was a pretty bloody disappointing sign…….

Avenger

Immortal
I describe it as "acting" through life.

I have to act like I have normal thought processes; I have to act like I am doing OK; I have to act like I am a people person.

Putting on that mask is so psychologically draining, and it means that I can't sleep well, I overeat, I get stressed, I eat more, and I lash out at my loved ones.

I live my life in constant anger, because other people experience the highs of life - all I can feel are the lows.

I adore my son - but my brain focuses on my lack of sleep, how he is always sick (and how it affects my work), and how it impacts me.

I don't consider myself a selfish person, but I'm unable to arrest this thought process.

And it makes me feel even worse.

CBT has helped, but very, very slowly.

I've reached a point where the very act of living is so exhausting, that I feel that there's no point.

That's when the thoughts creep in.

It wouldn't solve anything, but it would end my pain.
My late father suffered from depression. Hardly ever took his meds for it but I convinced him to later in life when he was battling cancer. Before he got sick he was always threatening to self harm and did it a few times but not properly as now I see that it was just a cry for help.

He used to anger me with his carry on but now that he is gone I miss him terribly.

Your family would also miss you. Stay strong and always speak to someone even if it’s on this silly forum.

oldmancraigy

Coach

My memory may be poor, but Dykes had an amazing kicking game for Cronulla (both times), but for us he seemed to do well to even get his boot on the ball....

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Did listen to a journo, suggest he can play full back, centre or halves. However recently he was playing fullback in NSW cup beating Lachlan Miller for the spot who was pushed to the wing.
Nice. Thanks for the info.
I will watch him on Sat. Hopefully he carves up the Tigers.
It would of been an interesting signing, given he has good wraps and the clubs history with his father.

Gronk

Staff member
Signing Dykes was a killer. IIRC we had a huge year and then signed the Dally M 5/8 to strengthen our already good roster.

That's how I remember it any way.

Gronk

Staff member
My late father suffered from depression. Hardly ever took his meds for it but I convinced him to later in life when he was battling cancer. Before he got sick he was always threatening to self harm and did it a few times but not properly as now I see that it was just a cry for help.

He used to anger me with his carry on but now that he is gone I miss him terribly.

Your family would also miss you. Stay strong and always speak to someone even if it’s on this silly forum.
My FIL too. I actually saved him from a self harm event one night. He spent a few weeks in PECC after that.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Cmon mate, being cautious around an experimental drug and putting labels on persons who are just isn't on. I know a shit load of people who aren't interested in getting the 3rd and 4th. Wouldn't treat them any differently
Fwiw Ive had 4 X Vax. Got covid within one month of my last. Full course of anti virals. Still positive 10 days in and still having symptoms. In short. Who the fu*k knows. And as annoying as that is it means NO FU*KING STERLOS AND FOOTY FOR ME TONIGHT.
Somebody please blow a kiss to Captain Rankin for me.
Go My Magnificent Eels.

Gazzamatta

Coach

the point probably being, while we don’t appear to be active in the player market, behind the scene the team is doing their job…..
And a Fullback no less.

Latest posts