What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bandwagon

Staff member
You got to give it to the Dogs. They get the business done. They have a Gen Manager that knows talent. They will be a top 6 side next year maybe even top 4. Then you have the morons running our club. No f**ken idea. Idiots thought they were in the movie money ball when they tried to screw over Papalli. Amateurs!

We're a top six maybe top four right now.

Dogs.............are not.........

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I like how they sorted it out. There is no actual evidence of anything. Not we released this guy and that guy. Just it's sorted.
I mean that just sounds dodgie on its own.
When I was a kid they were shit. Sponsored by City Ford and won f**k all until City Ford pulled its sponsorship and the owner decided to help the club in other ways. They raped Penrith first and then everyone else's juniors next. Had f**k all junior reps for decades then between '95 and 2004 they won three Jersey Flegg premierships plus lost a grand final.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And this is why so few of them get picked or keep their spots in Origin. We have a squad full of physically and technically talented payers (perhaps as much as any club), but the mentalities are below par. We need more/better leaders. Hopefully Hodgson can stay on the field because he seems like a proper hard head.
*On

gaffer

Juniors
I would like the club to chase a former player that is a winner! Has a Winning culture mentality so on and so forth..

Fitzgibbon is a winner comes from a great club culture then learnt from the best. He has taken that to Cronulla. He brought in club legends and the club history to get the players to buy into the club.
do they let old players near the club i don't think they do Look at the turnout when they have the older players on the field for some reason or another at run on

Noise

Coach
do they let old players near the club i don't think they do Look at the turnout when they have the older players on the field for some reason or another at run on
I don’t think anyone wants previous Eels winners anywhere near the coaching ranks. I think he meant external winners.

the phantom menace

First Grade
With a 36 year gap since we last won titles... it'd be like some of our younger players getting fireside chats from a grandpa.

I think our lack of success has meant the ability for the modern playing squad to draw strength from these old timers stories has sadly passed. Perhaps better to get in some succesful more recently retired players (non-Parra) from the same cultural background as some of our guys, so they can use them for inspiration and role modelling?

Johnny88

Juniors
EELS FANS DESERVE AN EXPLANATION

If you’re a Parramatta fan you’re entitled to feel disillusioned and demand an explanation.

This up-and-down form from the Eels is getting ridiculous.

And they will want to hope they don’t run into South Sydney in the finals.

While they have beaten Penrith twice this season as well as Melbourne, they just have no answer to the rampaging Rabbitohs.

That was their sixth consecutive loss against Souths, and in those games they have been outscored 210 to 68.

The Eels went into the game on back-to-back wins over Manly and the Panthers, but it’s incredible to think they still have not won three straight since round five.

A few weeks back they looked a competition threat after beating the Panthers.

But time is running out to lower the gap between their best and worst.

They have the Bulldogs on Saturday followed by the Broncos and Storm. The Eels need to win all three games to finish top four. If they don’t you can forget about them come September.

LOWLIGHT

The Parramatta Eels. They had everything to play for against the South Sydney Rabbitohs but didn’t aim up.

And you can’t just blame the absence of Mitchell Moses. This was a lack of intensity across the park.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I am not deflecting the issue mate, I know we need to change the coach asap, either start with his assistants at the end of this season (if we cant get rid of him and get a suitable replacement at the right price) or toss him out with his assistants (if we can).

Players overcall the game plan all the time, in fact they have a special call for it that allows a half to overcall the plan if they see something is on and the Fake should follow the overcall. They can use it if they see something is off too. A coaches game plan doesnt consist of that much control for every single play in a game that it removes the ability for the players to make any decisions.

I think they need to toss them all at seasons end. It is basically another wasted season with BA in charge.
We have enough talent to be top 4 - but we have tried and tried and tried BAs way, time for a new direction.

We should have tossed him after last season, but went around again, and things have gone downhill this season, the cracks are still showing. What BA does is well and truly good enough to be a perennial top8 team, but there is nothing to suggest his methodology can get the job done in September.

To keep BA on for next year would be a money motivated move (IMO)

hindy111

Post Whore
The whole Papali'i thing was a circus. He should ofncome out and said I am going rather then tease the fans and clubs with his comments.

We will need an edge. Mattersons best spot is look and he has been great there.
Cartwright isn't the worse option I guess. I reckon we may fast track the young one that's been in NSW CUP. MATALE. He only missed 1 tackle last game which is good. And made good meters. Better then any forward if consider runs he took.
Tevita is also an interesting prospect. I've only seen a few times but he looked the best prospect and better then Greig. Just needs to get fitter and might be a suprise. Would love to hear more about him. Age etc....

Shame Rein isn't given a chance as he seems to kill it in NSW cup. Mahoneys forms been very poor. Suprised he is still getting 80.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I said in 2019 I can’t believe we are wasting our premiership window on a plodder like Arthur, who announces the extension of a spoon winning coach a couple of days after we just got 60 points out on us??? The people in charge might know business but they have no idea when it comes to RL. Surely it would be smart to have someone on the board with a clue about the game???

I can’t wait for Timmy Mannah’s dopier older brother to send us out all another email to tell all us fans and members to get behind Bea and the boys!!! If Bea and any of his coaching staff are here next season I’m not renewing my membership it’s simple as that and I will be telling them why. If others start doing the same the idiots in charge might take notice because they only worry about the bottom line and results don’t matter to these clowns.

hindy111

Post Whore
Our backline just has no sparkle. We thought Blake and Penisini could be those guys with the tough carries from Sivo while Opacic just defends his arse off. But this backline is boring.
None create anything out of nothing and rarely the ability to beat a guy one on one.
Throw in the slowest fullback in the game.

We need sparkle

Noise

Coach
Not old Eels boys near the coaching ranks, have them involved in the club telling the current players of the history of the club when it was winning titles.

I did mean external winners Like Slater Cronk
Sterlo and Kenny are the reason I started going for the Eels but even I’m sick of hearing about what Parra in the 80s was like. It was almost 40 years ago. Players today won’t give a shit.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The whole Papali'i thing was a circus. He should ofncome out and said I am going rather then tease the fans and clubs with his comments.

We will need an edge. Mattersons best spot is look and he has been great there.
Cartwright isn't the worse option I guess. I reckon we may fast track the young one that's been in NSW CUP. MATALE. He only missed 1 tackle last game which is good. And made good meters. Better then any forward if consider runs he took.
Tevita is also an interesting prospect. I've only seen a few times but he looked the best prospect and better then Greig. Just needs to get fitter and might be a suprise. Would love to hear more about him. Age etc....

Shame Rein isn't given a chance as he seems to kill it in NSW cup. Mahoneys forms been very poor. Suprised he is still getting 80.

I think Eli El-Zakhem deserves a go - he's been pumping out phenomenal numbers in NSW Cup.

JokerEel

First Grade
Sterlo and Kenny are the reason I started going for the Eels but even I’m sick of hearing about what Parra in the 80s was like. It was almost 40 years ago. Players today won’t give a shit.

That is the problem, players today done give a shit and they should..

Latest posts