What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Mate his a dick but it's something we need, he's probably one of the most talented centres in the game. We have too many nice guys in our team we need some mongrel. A one-year deal is what I'm hearing and what do we have to lose? If he plays shit hook him to reserve grade.
Anyones better than Superman simmonson

TIGER14

Bench
L
I reckon matto is sticking it to the nrl, rather than his team...

He's probably pissed because there was absolutely nothing in that tackle, and thinking f**k you nrl, your not taking any money from my pocket ....I'm just gonna sit it out
Lol keep thinking that.
Matterson has only ever given a f**k about one person - himself.

His team and teammates never enter his mind.

As much as he is a great player you guys would be better off without him.

lucablight

First Grade
Mate his a dick but it's something we need, he's probably one of the most talented centres in the game. We have too many nice guys in our team we need some mongrel. A one-year deal is what I'm hearing and what do we have to lose? If he plays shit hook him to reserve grade.
Not even close to being one of the most talented centres in the game. He’s another role player.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Interesting and weird. Not the wanker behaviour one would expect from Wally.
Do people remember Tony Cosatto pulling someone’s mouth guard out to save him from choking (or was it the other way around?)
Yeah he actually stuffed his own mouthguard down someone else's throat in an attempt to kill them.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm a big fan of Ryan Matterson (as a player), and I hope that there's more to his suspension...

Having said that, money is money; it's easy to say, "He's earning $650,000 per annum - he can afford a $4,000 fine!"

But truthfully, we don't know anything about his financial situation.

I recall reading that Nathan Hindmarsh was borderline broke years ago, due to his gambling addiction.

Still - not a good look.

But it does give Hopgood a red, hot crack at the 13.

You're a nice guy and trying to see the possitive.
It's a shit act. 1 game I'd understand. He is in our top 6 players. If we lost our first 3 games by less then a try you'd imagine he may of been the difference maker. In such a tight run comp 2 points can be the difference between 4th and 6th.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep. I'm worried big time. Both players there just to roll the arm over and get a big pay day.

Papali'i has more incentive to apply himself cause he is still young and his next contract should be the biggest of his career. He has to put in to earn it though.

But Koroisau ain't gonna give a f**k.

No they are fine players. Peachey and Roberts always where trouble and hot and cold. The other two play with all heart and are brilliant signings.
Tigers are going to build a good club. Give them till 2025 and they will be a strong side. Top 4.

Noise

Coach
I'm a big fan of Ryan Matterson (as a player), and I hope that there's more to his suspension...

Having said that, money is money; it's easy to say, "He's earning $650,000 per annum - he can afford a $4,000 fine!"

But truthfully, we don't know anything about his financial situation.

I recall reading that Nathan Hindmarsh was borderline broke years ago, due to his gambling addiction.

Still - not a good look.

But it does give Hopgood a red, hot crack at the 13.
Bullshit. Can you imagine any of these lock forwards contending for a title dogging their team mates next year? Yeo, Murray, Radley, Talmololo, Finucane? No chance. It’s a sign that our culture isn’t good enough across the board. Moses just missed the birth of his first born yet Matterson is happy to miss 3 games to save less than maybe 1% of his income. Matterson can get f**ked.

Last edited:

Happy MEel

First Grade
Bullshit. Can you imagine any of these lock forwards contending for a title dogging their team mates next year? Yeo, Murray, Radley, Talmololo, Finucane? No chance. It’s a sign that our culture isn’t good enough across the board. Moses just missed the birth of his first born yet Matterson is happy to miss 3 games to save less than maybe 1% of his income. Matterson can get f**ked.
Oh yeah. You reminded me of Moses missing the birth of his first born to play a prelim. How’s Matto’s decision going to sit with him. This has the chance to create a massive divide between Matto and the rest of the playing group. What a low merkin.

Gronk

Staff member
Matterson taking the 3 week ban over a 4K fine, is disgraceful, shows where the soft culture of the club is where it’s really at. Where are our management? Who’s running the club ?
Or we could wait for the explanation. Maybe he will be selected for Scotland or Ireland (guessing) in the WC. Maybe he is having surgery. Maybe there is a complex carryover points reason. Yes one answer is that he has dogged the club, but gee merkins have gone off quick down the outrage path.

Noise

Coach
Or we could wait for the explanation. Maybe he will be selected for Scotland or Ireland (guessing) in the WC. Maybe he is having surgery. Maybe there is a complex carryover points reason. Yes one answer is that he has dogged the club, but gee merkins have gone off quick down the outrage path.
He isn’t playing in the world cup

And carry over points are no longer a thing.

Latest posts