What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lucablight

First Grade
I thought Papali'i would at least be a first grader. He was only 22 with 60+ games under his belt. Murchie is 25 and only played 40 games. Not to say he can't become a solid first grader but he doesn't have Papali'i's potential.

We need the coaching staff to make this team greater than the sum of its parts then. Like what Penrith did.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Very interesting signing tbh.

Why would we sign him now, as he’s already signed for 2023? Were we concerned clubs will offer him a deal, come November? I highly doubt he was ever going to leave, due to a number of reasons.

if the club thinks he has potential why only sign him for a further 12 months? You’d think a 19 yo playing regular grade in a key position would be seen as a long term prospect.

or is he signed till 24 to coincide with ba’s contract here?

We have our main two halves currently about to enter the open market. Why are we signing the likes of ja before sorting out Moses and Nrown?
You need backup players. If he's only signed for an extra season it's because he would expect to be worth more this time next year. He will only be 21.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ok. That doesn’t mean they’re leaving. All it means is they want to test their value to other clubs. But if they come back in December and say they are keen to stay, let’s hope we haven’t allocated our funds into non priority, plodders.
We need 30 players ffs, and some of them are going to be plodders. The ones around minimum salary aren't going to stop us signing anyone.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Likewise with your synopsis of the Lane signing, I think all the blokes we've got long term were signed at least 1 year too many, especially given their age. Matto for 4 years looks dumber by the day, Lane needs to show consistency, Jnr I can almost wear it, but 1 less year or an option either side in the clubs favour would have been preferable. RCG is the one I like so far, he's locked in long term but took his game to greater heights this year. If he can maintain that level for 2 more seasons that would be ace... Gutho is probably a year too long...

Drown and Moses need the long term investment, not some of the aforementioned other blokes...
The extra year is something the club gives in exchange for something the player gives up. What this means is less money per year in the earlier years of the contract.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Some of you blokes have lost your common sense and perspective. Don't reply, I'm giving myself a holiday. See yas in preseason. I love youse all.
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Cloeel

Juniors
Yeah I wasn’t keen on him. Now he’ll no doubt he banned from the NRL anyway.

he’s dating one of our nrlw girls. Met her on Monday morning at the fan day, absolute stunner. He must have something going for him looking at the girls he pulls for someone who seems to be an out and out flog

Similar biological, physiological and psychological factors that contribute to why some prisoners receive 100s if not 1000s of letters every year from women.

Soto

Bench

Eels halfback Mitchell Moses is set to spark a transfer window frenzy as he prepares to test his value on the open market.
Parramatta half Mitchell Moses is set to spark a transfer window frenzy as he prepares to head to market on November 1.

Moses, fresh from leading the Eels to the grand final, is expected to test his value after a handful of clubs expressed interest in signing the NSW star.

His decision could yet have ramifications for his deputy Jake Arthur, who is Moses’ understudy at Parramatta. His father, Parramatta coach Brad Arthur, insisted his son didn’t need to leave the club to realise his potential given he is not only stuck behind Moses, but also five-eighth Dylan Brown.

That could change if Moses opts to take the big bucks on offer elsewhere.
“He is still young, he still has plenty of time,” Brad Arthur said.

“He will go back next year and play (NSW) Cup. He is there as back-up to Mitchell and Dylan. His role moving forward — he needs to be playing 80 minutes.

“He will go back and play Cup and enjoy his footy. If he gets an opportunity he will come up and try to do his job. But he is not Dylan and he is not Mitchell — he has to be Jake.Jake Arthur was the target of heavy criticism at times this season but Brad insists his son will be better for the experience.

“In a couple of years time he will be better for it,” he said.

“Not many young players come into the game and have to go through the pressure he has been under. He is only going to be better for it.

“He knows that coming into the footy world with his surname - people see it as an advantage for him but it is not, it is a disadvantage.”

Avenger

Immortal
We still have plenty of money to splash around especially when you consider Nathan Brown’s $550k contract and strong likelihood that he won’t be with us in 2023.

Or will that money be used for upgrades in 2023 at least to Moses/D Brown?

betcats

Referee
Re hopgood, don’t worry about him being behind sorronsen, sorro had a great year and suited the bench role better than hopgood at this stage of hopgoods career I think cleary liked a bit of experience on our bench sorro sticks to his role like glue. Hop will end up a very good nrl player potential rep player for qld. He was a clear stand out in our cup side all year and captain, he’s exactly what you guys need in your pack, tough and aggressive with fast feet and some nice ball skills. Basically a smaller but tougher Matto with more desire to compete(imo).