What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Too bad for Matto. These players have minders, advisors and managers. He's dug himself a hole. I'm not saying he's right or wrong. What I'm saying is that he'll now have to sit out future games based on principle and his decision to be a trail blazer when it comes to fines and suspension issues. After all, he would stupid if he copped a fine in the future over his decision to sit games out now.
Yep at the end of the day it was the most brain dead self centred decision I can remember.

Eelogical

Referee
He’s a f**king disgrace, selfish and a massive tight arse. I’d be asking him if the Dolphins would still take him. I’d gladly pay for his flight. Can’t cop him.
I take your point. But, he's on our payroll for quite some time. He's either going to become some ground breaker for other players in the NRL system or he's going to be laughed out of town. My original opinion still stands, he's going to front the judiciary again at some time in the future - pay up won't be an option.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Maybe taking the games instead of the fine is Matterson's version of "quiet quitting"?

A professional footballer who... doesn't seem to care about choosing to play football games.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Matto is a cat and high maintenance. You only have to speak to a few people close to the inner sanctum to hear what a whinger he is.

It was only 12 months ago he was left out of the semi final team that played Newcastle when he was fit and available.

It was a desperate decision to re-sign him 650k a season and he repays the club by serving a 3 match ban instead of a 4k fine.

Gronk

Staff member
But weren't you supporting the decision at the time like you normally do??? Now it's brain dead and self centred 🤓
You think that I supported a marquee player sitting out three matches rather than paying a fine ? You’re a sandwich short of a picnic.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah don't turn this into argy bargy. It's Ok that I want to wait for something official and really. there does not have to be sides in this.
Lol, so you were only waiting for his side of the facts lol. Sorry my mistake, you waited till overwhelming evidence after sticking up for his disgraceful decision. Sammiches short of a picnic indeed. There are plenty of posts in that thread where you were only waited for his side of the story . Even pretending maybe he was injured or playing for Ireland in the WC 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

🥪🥪🥪🥪🥪 🥪

Gronk

Staff member
Lol, so you were only waiting for his side of the facts lol. Sorry my mistake, you waited till overwhelming evidence after sticking up for his disgraceful decision. Sammiches short of a picnic indeed. There are plenty of posts in that thread where you were only waited for his side of the story . Even pretending maybe he was injured or playing for Ireland in the WC 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

🥪🥪🥪🥪🥪 🥪
Yeah those voices in your head are not facts. Link me where I said that taking 3 weeks suspension vs $$$ was the right thing to do.

I was hoping that he was a reasonable motive behind the decision (like getting off season surgery and was going to miss the start anyway) but nope.

He was just cranky and at the end of the day showed us all that he’s got less sandwiches than you.

dumb bad robot GIF

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah those voices in your head are not facts. Link me where I said that taking 3 weeks suspension vs $$$ was the right thing to do.

I was hoping that he was a reasonable motive behind the decision (like getting off season surgery and was going to miss the start anyway) but nope.

He was just cranky and at the end of the day showed us all that he’s got less sandwiches than you.

dumb bad robot GIF
Derp!! I was just waiting for the facts defence lolz.

Latest posts