What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
I didn't ask. But he used the term 'embarrassing' and reckons he might see reserve grade when he comes back.
I would be fining him 4k anyway internally just for missing 3 games.

So he cops it financially for a selfish decision.

Some fans paid over a thousand to attend a GF to watch us get beat.

And this bloke on 650k a season can't be bothered paying a 4k fine.

Tiger5150

Bench
Oh yeah. You reminded me of Moses missing the birth of his first born to play a prelim. How’s Matto’s decision going to sit with him. This has the chance to create a massive divide between Matto and the rest of the playing group. What a low merkin.

Put it this way, there is a reason Roosters let him come to the Tigers early in his Contract. Similarly there is a reason Matterson was banned from Mad Monday by his teammates at the Tigers and that they all mocked him on socials with "wish you were here" memes. When Mitchell Moses isnt the most narcissistic self absorbed merkin in your club, there is a problem.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Can you imagine matto doing this if he was coached by Bellamy???? Can you imagine him looking Bennett in the eye and telling him he's gonna sit out 3 games???
Cut it out. Bellamy coaches blokes who think snorting white power off tables and filming it is good culture. Bellamy coaches blokes who punch on in Bali and bag their club on their mates podcast. This is nothing to do with Bushy. Like I said earlier, if there's nothing more to it, then f**k Matterson's eyes.

Gronk

Staff member
^^^^

The 27-year-old also called on the NRL to abolish fines, claiming players were struggling to keep up amid rule changes.

"I just feel that $4000 is pretty hefty considering I have already paid close to $4000 in fines this year for things that are absurd," Matterson said.

"At the end of the day I have personal things I need to worry about outside of rugby league. I just didn't think it was warranted.

"If you do something wrong at work. They don't take money off you.

"I didn't do anything wrong. I'm playing rugby league.

"It's just getting quicker and quicker and people are getting stronger and stronger - and the game keeps changing rules."

Matterson's comments come as the players' union has long pushed for fines to go, adamant they do not act as a deterrent.

The NSW State of Origin representative also said he felt the grand-final incident was not serious enough to attract any charge.

"The way Dylan went back in towards me and he kept driving his legs, I tried to let his head out but he just kept back-pedalling," Matterson said.

"I'm not going to let him back-pedal 100 metres. So I have to stop him. There wasn't much in it.

"It didn't make sense to me. At the time I thought it was definitely a penalty, but I didn't think it would go much further than that.

"Considering Jarome Luai is kicking players and he didn't get cited. It makes you think 'Where is this game heading?'"

Matterson, who had the best year of his career in 2022 which earned him a new four-year deal, said he had received the Eels' approval before making the decision to take the ban.

"It's always hard. I love playing. It's something I spoke to the club about before I made the decision.

"Obviously it's a hard one, but I have personal reasons I need to take into consideration."

Latest posts