What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
We signed Hodgson very quickly after Reid, which suggests that we don't sit on our hands and actively cover all scenarios. If Moses bails out, I'd say that we already have a plan B.
Or. Hodgson was already secured and then all that remained was the theatrical smoke and mirrors to exit Rheed.
Either or Gronky.

hindy111

Post Whore
We didn't let Rheed go in order to sign Hodgo. That's ridiculous.

How do you know but we hadn't talked to Hodgson knowing Mahoney was going to test himself? Its possible we had amd knowing we would get Hodgson we didn't exceed our offer to Mahoney.

Reeds a good hooker. He also played in a very good football side where plodders look ok.
I still don't see anything that's special in his game. I mean he gets the odd 40/20 and his kicking games handy. Service is great. But general tackling, run game and craftiness is I feel just average. Yes he makes a lot of tackles but never dominant ones and isn't aggressive in defense. He is a small body with short arms and opposition coaches always target him close to the line.
Heck I could be wrong. He may turn into the best hooker in the game. From what I have seen but he will remain just a solid player and never in your Korisau,Grant,Cook level.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well, I mean, there were whispers that Reed, and Mitch, butted heads a lot...

So, I mean, if there is even a shred of truth there, it would make sense...

But I don't believe the whispers.

Rumours where he smoked a lot of ciggarettes. I wish him well and hope he has a good career. I for one won't hate on the bloke for leaving.
I've made it clear how I rate him. A good player. But I don't see anything that makes me think he is going to be a generational talent. Just solid.
I would of loved to snag JMK or W.Egan. Would be good to see what they would do behind a good pack and strong side.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
How do you know but we hadn't talked to Hodgson knowing Mahoney was going to test himself? Its possible we had amd knowing we would get Hodgson we didn't exceed our offer to Mahoney.
That's very different to ousting Rheed out because we had already signed Hodgson, which is what Gazzamatta suggested.

TheCrowe

Juniors

Reeds a good hooker. He also played in a very good football side where plodders look ok.
I still don't see anything that's special in his game. I mean he gets the odd 40/20 and his kicking games handy. Service is great. But general tackling, run game and craftiness is I feel just average. Yes he makes a lot of tackles but never dominant ones and isn't aggressive in defense. He is a small body with short arms and opposition coaches always target him close to the line.
Heck I could be wrong. He may turn into the best hooker in the game. From what I have seen but he will remain just a solid player and never in your Korisau,Grant,Cook level.
A little slower between the cauliflower ears maybe?

Stevie

Bench
Mark my words
(With zero authority)

Moses is going no where. He is a smart guy he is going to be filthy rich if he stays with Parra. If he goes to Tigers who are ALWAYS going to be a basket case, to earn a couple hundred extra (pre tax) he’ll be a nobody and mad.
Comp win or not he can be a Parra icon in coming years still earning 1m+ a year. He is set!

Post football the world is his oyster.

Money more at Tigers, he won’t take it!

unless suicidal

Avenger

Immortal
Mark my words
(With zero authority)

Moses is going no where. He is a smart guy he is going to be filthy rich if he stays with Parra. If he goes to Tigers who are ALWAYS going to be a basket case, to earn a couple hundred extra (pre tax) he’ll be a nobody and mad.
Comp win or not he can be a Parra icon in coming years still earning 1m+ a year. He is set!

unless suicidal
Good post. Sterling always said. Stay loyal and the money will come.

yy_cheng

Coach
Mark my words
(With zero authority)

unless suicidal
He is smart. So post footy where will he get more business selling property?

Parra catchment or inner west/Campbelltown? Whoever he turns down, those fans wont buy anything from him

Gronk

Staff member
I'm confident we will keep moses. I dont believe signing for Tigers would be a smart move for his career.
f**k I hope so. Honestly do marquee players these days opt for the cash with a shit club ? If so, how has that worked out ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Moses wants to win comps apparently????

Well he won’t going to the Tigers and he definitely won’t squeezing every last drop from us either. 1.1m is more than fair IMO, sign it and let’s get on with it FFS!!

Latest posts