What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eels_fan

First Grade
so mandatory stand down begins this weekend for concussions.

if you get a stage 1 diagnosis you can’t play for 11 days afterwards.

glad the draw has meant none of our upcoming opposition will lose anyone with having byes and all

Noise

Coach
Exactly. It’s got f**k all to do with the coach, except at maybe the poorest clubs.
Agree that it's got f**k all to do with the coach. Which is why I reckon Hasler doesn't f**k up clubs caps which is has been my point the whole time

Who are these poorest clubs? Last night you said:
Honestly I don’t think there are any poor clubs. There are rich clubs and then there’s the rest.

IFR33K

Coach
Agree that it's got f**k all to do with the coach. Which is why I reckon Hasler doesn't f**k up clubs caps which is has been my point the whole time

do I sense we just had a typical goal post shift moment?

the phantom menace

First Grade
so mandatory stand down begins this weekend for concussions.

if you get a stage 1 diagnosis you can’t play for 11 days afterwards.

glad the draw has meant none of our upcoming opposition will lose anyone with having byes and all
Have we got one of our own players ready to come in as third man on a Waqa Blake tackle yet...?

JokerEel

First Grade

Well you be wrong as Hasler did have a say on Manly (stint 1) and Dogs cap.

Noise

Coach
Back ending contracts especially at the Dogs did f**k it ;) probably did for Toovey and Barret at Manly..
Yea Toovey had it tough. Made a prelim, a grand final and then a semi final. Must have had a shit house squad.

As for Barrett's Manly squad in 2016 there were only a handful of players still at Manly from when Hasler was last coach (2011). Can't blame Hasler for Barrett getting shit results. Barrett is just a shit house coach.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think for some clubs to be any realistic chance of winning a comp, they need to backend a large number of contracts, which eventually comes home to roost. It’s why there’s such thing as premiership windows, and why otherwise strong clubs (and coaches) have relatively lean periods.
In the same way we talk about weakest/slowest NRL players, obviously none of them are objectively weak or slow.

So where there are no poor NRL clubs, some are obviously poorer than others. So you see the difference between absolute and relative statements? More to the point, do you disagree?

Noise

Coach
I think for some clubs to be any realistic chance of winning a comp, they need to backend a large number of contracts, which eventually comes home to roost. It’s why there’s such thing as premiership windows, and why otherwise strong clubs (and coaches) have relatively lean periods.

In the same way we talk about weakest/slowest NRL players, obviously none of them are objectively weak or slow.

So where there are no poor NRL clubs, some are obviously poorer than others. So you see the difference between absolute and relative statements? More to the point, do you disagree?
I just want you to answer the question: Who are the poorest clubs?

Latest posts