What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

parra pete

Referee
Interesting Nathan Brown just hit the media. Prozenko. Reading between the lines is interesting.
You read a lot more into than I did...

A missionary, in Africa, was out taking a walk in the jungle. Suddenly, he heard a noise from the brush in front of him. It was a lion. He started to back up and heard a noise from behind. Sure enough, it was another lion. He looked to his left and then to his right. You guessed it, lions were on both sides. It looked grim, so the missionary sat down where he was and started to read his Bible. Shortly after he started reading, the lions jumped the missionary and ate him.

Moral of the story: Never read between the lions.

the phantom menace

First Grade
To be honest the Brown situation needs to explored much further than is being said.

We've let go a player significantly superior than anyone on our current bench, by a country mile.

I think it's a sackable offence for whoever made the decision if at seasons end we're worse off.
In the article Brown is talking about potentially getting back into Origin consideration, so it looks like he's hitting the Roosters as a Top 17 player - otherwise his comments about Origin make him look like a dickhead. Instead it reads like he's moved to a better place - and presumably we're still paying for (some of that) privelege.

Comparing that scenario to our Top 17 / bench forwards - and the way super coach uses (doesn't use) them - then we are worse off without having used Brown since he was mysteriously dropped and told he coulod look elsewhere. Agree further questions need to be asked, and more disclosures made by the club.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I'd tell him that we are not taking orders from that f**kwit anymore.
People are hyping this guy like he's some future Australian international centre - personally I just can't see it. He may be the best of what we've got in the backs at the moment, but that's hardly a high bar. I see him shifting to union when his next contract comes up for negotiation.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
People are hyping this guy like he's some future Australian international centre - personally I just can't see it. He may be the best of what we've got in the backs at the moment, but that's hardly a high bar. I see him shifting to union when his next contract comes up for negotiation.
He might well return to rugby, because he is a gun. Beside his great defence he is a powerful runner. He breaks plenty of tackles and gets big metres. Also has some leadership ability, allegedly. The only thing he lacks is elite speed. All this while still eligible for Jersey Flegg.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Good on him... and he may have a future in either sport. But I don't think it's elite level as much as he's been hyped up, and without a CIty-Country fixture I can't see him breaking into any senior level rep teams.

Leadership ability could just be that he knows more big words than our coach, having gone to the big posh private school etc?

chiefy1

Juniors
Leadership doesn’t have a lot to do with vocabulary in their world. And Penisini wouldn’t be out of place in Origin. He’s already a better centre than Gutherson.

Too slow, he's just an average centre who breaks a few tackles and a pretty good defender. Nothing special. He's too slow to beat a defender and make long range breaks . 350k max for mine, Essentially penasini is a back rower who's too small to play in the forwards

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Too slow, he's just an average centre who breaks a few tackles and a pretty good defender. Nothing special. He's too slow to beat a defender and make long range breaks . 350k max for mine, Essentially penasini is a back rower who's too small to play in the forwards

I think Penisni is a 12yrs NRL centre but I don't think he is ever going to be elite. He would handle himself in origin fine. Just lacks the speed to be next level. He is still only 20 tho. He may not get faster but he will still get a little stronger and make better decisions. If we listed all 34 starting centres I reckon right now he would sit between 10-16.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Leadership doesn’t have a lot to do with vocabulary in their world.
That's right I forgot. It's more about who can do the best helicopter in teh showers after the game...
And Penisini wouldn’t be out of place in Origin. He’s already a better centre than Gutherson.
Again, better centre than Gutho is faint praise.

Will at his best so far would be majorly out of place if the NSW centre stocks had gotten that low. Against Manly I initially thought we had swapped sides with the centres, because his D was looking Blake-level shit.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Penisini is faster than Gutho, who was good enough to play in the centres for NSW...

I'm not sure Penisini will play Origin, but he's a very good young centre.

Those of you saying all he offers is power should look back at some of his passes to his winger.

He's a very complete centre, and he's only 20 years old.

He will only get better.

T-Boon

Coach
You read a lot more into than I did...

A missionary, in Africa, was out taking a walk in the jungle. Suddenly, he heard a noise from the brush in front of him. It was a lion. He started to back up and heard a noise from behind. Sure enough, it was another lion. He looked to his left and then to his right. You guessed it, lions were on both sides. It looked grim, so the missionary sat down where he was and started to read his Bible. Shortly after he started reading, the lions jumped the missionary and ate him.

Moral of the story: Never read between the lions.
That’s too much effort

Latest posts