What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
I think our bunch have been over coached and over cooked by BA.

There is enough talent in our side. We just don't play smart enough and lack attention to detail that's on the coach.
Thinking about it, I'd be tempted to make Hasler an offer. Now that we've basically got the nucleus of the side signed long term, there's less likelihood that he gets to meddle in retention and cap decisions which has always been his Achilles heel... The core of the squad is there now and locked in for a few years, they just need a new voice and direction IMO...

Noise

Coach
Thinking about it, I'd be tempted to make Hasler an offer. Now that we've basically got the nucleus of the side signed long term, there's less likelihood that he gets to meddle in retention and cap decisions which has always been his Achilles heel... The core of the squad is there now and locked in for a few years, they just need a new voice and direction IMO...
I’ve wanted Hasler since before he was at Manly the second time. Unfortunately we keep extending BA despite him winning SFA.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Hasler is an interesting choice.

I think he has OCD when it comes to control issues though.

If he doesn't have full control or micromanaging everything I think it causes issues.

But he is a proven winner BA isn't.

Soto

Bench
Honestly would Lumelume and Cini be any worse. I think both are better options than what's in there now.
In saying that nofoaluma is a yes for me. Big concern is that his defence sucks dogs balls at times so I guess he will be right to fit in immediately

Chipmunk

Coach
Nice bit of work by the Parra media mavens. Reporting that RCG might be out of three months. I reckon RCG makes a recovery after Hass hearing and plays in the next 2 weeks.
Isaah Yeo was the one doing the reporting, and he only said he didn't have a broken hip. A broken hip I suspect is season, the serious groin injury is probably still 8-12 weeks.

Yeo said RCG feels it's worse than his previous groin injury he did a couple of years ago. Does anyone remember how long he missed then, I can't recall the injury?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Isaah Yeo was the one doing the reporting, and he only said he didn't have a broken hip. A broken hip I suspect is season, the serious groin injury is probably still 8-12 weeks.

Yeo said RCG feels it's worse than his previous groin injury he did a couple of years ago. Does anyone remember how long he missed then, I can't recall the injury?
6 weeks he missed and we lost 4 of them by big margins.

We did pull of that miracle against Melbourne though the game that ended there streak during that period.

But RCG was missed big time.

JokerEel

Coach
Hasler is an interesting choice.

I think he has OCD when it comes to control issues though.

If he doesn't have full control or micromanaging everything I think it causes issues.

But he is a proven winner BA isn't.

I thought he was a shit idea but I think he would be an option as a head coach.

We do need some good assistant coaches with him and 2 former players to be the NSW and Flegg coaches (that aren't shit).

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I never had the pleasure of watching Bozo play.

But Joey defended like a front-rower, was mentally, and physically, tough, was clutch as hell, had all the the tricks in his bag...

I get a little tilted when people compare Nathan Cleary to him.

To be clear, I think Cleary is a gun.

But he is yet to dominate Origin, the way Joey did.

And Joey also played at hooker for NSW, and Australia, and did pretty well.

Phenomenal player.

different players mate, Bozo was a 5/8 and a bit more like Bert because of his running game, and also like Bert, he played a bit of centre, but Bozo was a magician, he could bamboozle the opposition

gaffer

Juniors

quick send him off to america