What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well, I dunno, but like I posted earlier 400k is now your mean average salary, so you'd expect an above average player would earn more than that.
I think the median salary would be much less, maybe $250k to $300k. Top end salaries are so much bigger than the mean there’s no way it could even be close to the median.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
With first place Warrington Wolves saying that they are interested in Makka, should we assume that he has been given permission to look around for 2024 ? Can we afford to lose him or do we have him going factored in ? Will Ogden or a Jnr fill the void ? Murchie after another pre-season ?

Adults need only respond to this please.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I think the median salary would be much less, maybe $250k to $300k. Top end salaries are so much bigger than the mean there’s no way it could even be close to the median.

Hmm, probably true, but it would also depend upon the quality and make up of your depth.

Ideally at full strength any given squad will have their thirteen highest paid players starting, with the exception of maybe one or two blokes coming off the bench like we do with Matto, so your median is gonna be whatever the second or third highest paid benchie earns.

If you count your development squad players, your median doesn't even make the bench.

Of course that assumes you're getting your numbers right signing on ability, and you haven't too many players you're either paying on potential, bought at a bargain, or over paid that turned to shit.

Happy MEel

First Grade
With first place Warrington Wolves saying that they are interested in Makka, should we assume that he has been given permission to look around for 2024 ? Can we afford to lose him or do we have him going factored in ? Will Ogden or a Jnr fill the void ? Murchie after another pre-season ?

I was impressed with Ogden in his last start with us and am looking forward to watching him go around tonight. The problem becomes our depth if we have more injuries. Murchie is NOT a middle and Jirah is a park footballer. Maka is better than both of them…by some margin.

Bandwagon

Staff member

I think right now with the signing of Joffa, fully fit squad he doesn't make the bench. So we'd be better off with a younger bloke who has upside potential in his spot.

Gronk

Staff member
I was impressed with Ogden in his last start with us and am looking forward to watching him go around tonight. The problem becomes our depth if we have more injuries. Murchie is NOT a middle and Jirah is a park footballer. Maka is better than both of them…by some margin.
I think Murchie is signed for 2024, but Doorey has a MO ?

Ham on the Parra pod made a good point yesterday. He said that we should not be signing merkins like Murchie and Jirah for Cup OR playing dicks from Ron Massey. We should be promoting kids up. I think the fact that we’re not exposes our lack of planning during covid and how kids got lost when there was no footy. I know they are coming through now, but the quality of our cup players now (ie depth) is very poor.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He was re-signed earlier this year for 600k allegedly, how much do you think the Tigers are tipping in?? Why would they Whats in it for them?

well I haven't read anything that states what we paid, so I am wondering how you come to the conclusion that we paid full freight