What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
hineyrulz = preacher

Stagger eel = preached
Happy Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well now a top 30 player is a backup for NSW cup....
He's not a backup, he is a utility. He has played 19 games, in every position except halfback and fullback: https://www.nswrl.com.au/players/nsw-cup/parramatta-eels-nsw-cup/jirah-momoisea/
I am not over stating anything he is wasting a top 30 spot along with Sam L ,Reign when he wasn't retired as well..
Hardly wasting a spot when we haven't even filled our top 30.
If Jirah was an actual backup why would we go out and buy another backup in Davey..
I don't think Davey is a backup. He played one game in reserve grade and has played every NRL game since, most of them as a starter: https://www.parraeels.com.au/teams/nrl-premiership/parramatta-eels/andrew-davey/

At full strength he would no doube be on the bench, but I think he is locked into our top 17.
Great plan to waste a top 30 spot and coin on a player not ever going to play first grade again for the next 2 seasons.
He'll play if we need him, but like all backups, you hope you don't need them.
So schoupp is on overs at the tits and wants probably the same overs to come here for 3 years yep that's a good option 😂
Our offer is based on what we think he's worth, not what the Titans thought he was worth when they signed him. If they really want him gone they'll offer a payout.
glad the club didn't agree with you..
I agree with the club. They know the details and we don't, so we'd be stupid to tell them they're wrong.

I agree with the club.
Lol, If you just posted that once at the start of every season and left it at that... we wouldn't have to wade through your incessant nonsense in every thread (or be drawn to meta-comment about it, since your nonsense "educational" posts clogs up so much of our forum screen real estate)!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
we've had to call on park footballers and flegg players to fill spots in the backline in reggies
At full strength we line up like so:

NRL
2. Sivo
3. Penisini
4. Simonsson
5. Russell

NSW Cup
2. Dunster
3. Blake
4. Loizou
5. Lumelume

If we had more outside backs than that, then at full strength some of them would have to play RM Cup. Not ideal for their development.

I mean, how much depth do you think other clubs have? Are they really going to have top 30 players they can't fit into reserve grade unless there's injuries? The Roosters have two reserve grade sides and this weekend had six park footballers in the outside backs across the two teams, with the only NRL contracted players being Paulo and Toia. Their Bears side had four part timers in jerseys 2-5 and they are leading the comp. The Warriros are coming second and had two park footballers in the outside backs. It's normal at this stage of the year to have players unavailable, and as soon as you do you are calling on part timers in reserve grade. We had two part timers (Tupou and Blackburn), so as many as the 2nd placed Warriors and two fewer than the 1st placed Bears. We also won, and both part timers scored tries. Are we maybe just having a whinge for the sake of it?

EppingEel

Juniors
What did you guys think of AMS yesterday? Personally, I'm sympathetic as the blokes a FB that has gone from Flegg to RG to FG in a season. Although I do believe that he needs to put on some muscle as he was getting steamrolled yesterday, and not just by Ravalawa.

What did you guys think of AMS yesterday? Personally, I'm sympathetic as the blokes a FB that has gone from Flegg to RG to FG in a season. Although I do believe that he needs to put on some muscle as he was getting steamrolled yesterday, and not just by Ravalawa.
The run will do him good as a taste of what's ahead of him in his career, if he's keen to lock in and do the work required.

Not sure what we do this week in that backline position exposing AMS against the Broncos...? If we have enough edge forwards available I'd be tempted to move one of our starters wider and bring up a big from/to the bench.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm going to have a stab and say that MON wouldn't want to entertain the thought of paying an outside back that sort of coin..
Given Penisini's NRL performance while still eligible for Flegg, there would be massive demand for him (unlike the performance-based demand for Waqa Blake in 2018, at age 24). Penisini would be on at least $500k right now, probably more in future years.

Latest posts