What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheCrowe

Juniors
The club thinks Asi is ahead of him. Asi is only 23 and has some skill. Just needs confidence and to improve his defence. Id be surprised if Canberra's offer for Sanders still stands now Strange has stepped up. He would be a backup and have to live in the freezing hole.
Knights definitely wont be interested. They have Hastings, Cogger, Gamble and Will Price who looks like a class player. Souths and Titans are probably the two most desperate clubs right now.

JokerEel

Coach
Wing? Will they even be able to keep him if the market sees him as a fullback?

Canberra Raiders star Sebastian Kris has committed long-term to the Green Machine, signing a new contract that will see him remain with the club until the end of 2027.

Parra Pride

Coach
Player X is always going to Club Y for an unknown sum imagined into existence that is significantly larger than my club should pay to keep him, There is no other possibility.
Also Player X is f**king SHIT when he players for not my team, but he is good when he plays for my team! Unless it's Joey Lussick, he's always shit.

nick87

Coach
You mfers are cooked
Let me spell this out for you… Strange is a natural right half, and he’s not a primary kicker
Sanders is a natural left half who is a primary kicker
The raiders have Fogarty playing in the halves now who is 31 this year and nothing beyond solid. At some point strange will play RH where he belongs and Sanders will slot into LH. With Chevy Stewart at fullback

It’ll be Sanders-Strange-Chevy Stewart for the raiders long term and they’ll sink or swim on the gamble of that trio
Which on paper is perfectly suited

yy_cheng

Coach
You mfers are cooked
Let me spell this out for you… Strange is a natural right half, and he’s not a primary kicker
The raiders have Fogarty playing in the halves now who is 31 this year and nothing beyond solid. At some point strange will play RH where he belongs and Sanders will slot into LH. With Chevy Stewart at fullback

It’ll be Sanders-Strange-Chevy Stewart for the raiders long term and they’ll sink or swim on the gamble of that trio
Small halves

JokerEel

Coach
You mfers are cooked

Foggarty is signed till end of 26 so not sure where we are cooked as that's all we are discussing is option to play first grade now..

Maybe go have a chat with your coach who is a fan of Refs this week...

The Predictor

Juniors
Canberra Raiders star Sebastian Kris has committed long-term to the Green Machine, signing a new contract that will see him remain with the club until the end of 2027.

That’s good, we don’t need anyone with a dumb ass name like that

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You mfers are cooked

I doubt any coach would rely on such an inexperienced spine, no matter how much potential they had. And talk about ‘long term’ is fanciful because even if a youngster has an obvious 10+ year career ahead of him, the market decides where he goes each time his contract is up. Are these three signing DCE/Taumalolo length deals or something much shorter?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Fogarty is 30 and hitting his prime for a halfback. He has gone to another level in the past 2 years.

Look at DCE & Johnson they are getting better the older they get.

Moses is similar.

Fogarty could play for another 3 or 4 years in all seriousness and if Canberra want to play Sanders in front of him clubs will be lining up for the Fog screaming for a halfback because there SFA around.

Though is small he has only played 85 FG games so he also has less wear and tear on the body.

nick87

Coach
I doubt any coach would rely on such an inexperienced spine, no matter how much potential they had. And talk about ‘long term’ is fanciful because even if a youngster has an obvious 10+ year career ahead of him, the market decides where he goes each time his contract is up. Are these three signing DCE/Taumalolo length deals or something much shorter?

By 2026 that’ll be the spine baring unforeseen circumstances. The Raiders have been fairly deliberate in their approach
The reason they’ve managed to lure talents like Chevy (Cronulla), Strange (Roosters) and soon Sanders (Eels) is a fat stack of cash and a promise to be fast tracked to first grade

it’ll certainly be a big risk to gamble on such an inexperienced spine but it’s quite clearly the risk Stuart is going to take
Sanders isn’t being brought to Canberra to play reserve grade for 2-3 years, that much I assure you