What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
Wayne would be a good get he has unlocked his halfback at most clubs he has been at..

It would possibly cause a little clean out.

Robbo is shit pass on him ...
Tend to agree a little about him. With the team Roosters have got they should be challenging for the title every year but are not. But he'd still be a step up on BA and might actually teach the team to tackle which appears his strength.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Matterson overall has been an average signing. One good year for us but mostly average. I think his best spot is lock and BA never has given him much first choice there. I rate him higher then Hopgood when he is at his best. Hopgoods form this season actually is concerning. Gone backwards

Unpopular opinion - I've never been a big fan of Hopgood.

Throws a good offload, works hard - but his defence is average.

Matto is twice the player he is, imo.

However, give it a few years, and Hopgood could be the best 13 in the game - but he's not there yet.

Glenneel

Bench
why can't parra find someone like this instead of the murph and Barrett https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...S&cvid=32f82294e7d34dc2b8b42285f572a2c9&ei=76
Think Walsh has made a big difference to Bronco's attack. His speed off the mark is a huge attacking weapon. Combine that with speed all over the field with big mobile forwards and a new found ability to defend in 2023 and they are a top 2 team.

Our missing ingredient is speed and the ability to defend. Get Broncos defence coach might help us first and hopefully we'll have more speed next year with Lomax and juniors coming thru. Who knows, maybe more signings, but think speed should be what we're looking at.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think our defence is in bigger need of improvement than our attack. Schuster makes us worse.

Defense is also related to attack. The better you attack generally the more ball you will have and better territory. You'll also gas the opposition. And not only physical but also mentally. Just doing 5 hit ups and a bomb won't have the opposition guessing. It can still be physically draining but not for the backs who remain fresh and ready to come at you in attack.

Sides like Brisbane are constantly asking questions and making breaks. They have you mentally exhausted and physically. So when you do have the ball your attack suffers which makes their defense look better.

So don't think for a second defense isn't related to attack or vice versa. It is all related. If you have good defense you able to take more risks in attack knowing if lost possession you can defend your line etc.

Currently we have both shit attack and defense.A lot of our tries come from a bit of luck or physically tiring the side rather then a nice backline sweep or clever ball movement. Of course every side scores from this also but the good ones are able to create tries out of nothing. We very rarely create a simple overlap or bust up the middle.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
My thoughts are that the Tigers are strengthening their team with specific players for positions of need,
This is what you do when you have a shit team. We did it after 2018. We have also signed Lomax after 2023-24.
just wondering if our recruitment gurus have any sort of plan to do the same with our club. That’s not happened for a fair while, not sure there is any confidence that things are being negotiated, remains a bit of a shambles.
They have re-signed plenty of fringe Origin players like Gutherson, Moses, Matterson, Paulo and RCG. Maybe they shouldn't have, but merkins would've pissed their knickers if they had signed elsewhere.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That’s up to our people to explain the advantages of staying, negotiate a reasonable package as we see clubs like Storm and others do to retain junior players. Not sure our lot have that in their kitbag .
They kept Drown and Penisini, who both played first grade while still eligible for SG Ball.

JokerEel

Coach
And this above every one is how you run a club that doesn't win an NRL premiership 🤌 and is currently sitting 14th👍

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sanders was always going to be snapped up by someone as soon as he got noticed in junior reps and we decided to sign Moses long-term.

This is the price you pay when you start developing players. Some will decide to stay and others will decide to leave.
Yep, Isaiya Katoa left the Panthers for opportunity and he's only 20 this year. He could've hung around to replace Luai but why the f**k should he? He gets two extra years as a first grader this way.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Toruva looks to have signed with the Tigers 450-500k. Panthers offered him $350.
Surely we could have offered similar? Only 21 and quite a winger!
We don't have many big money merkins off contract and we've added Lomax. I'll be surprised if there's any more external recruitment for 2025. We also have a lot of talented youngsters to bring into the squad. It's very exciting.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I told you guys this 5 weeks ago. I always give you guys the good oil first, but Pou wouldnt have it.....family means nothing to Pou.
Tell it to Jeremy Marshall-King ffs

Latest posts