What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't disagree that it's good to show passion.

But having a rookie give others a spray, when said rookie has made some appalling plays that led to points, is a bit rich....
The point of giving (and receiving) a spray is that it’s not supposed to be taken personally. It’s part of pumping yourself and others up. In the same way you might call yourself a f**king idiot if you drop a ball or whatever. It’s not personal, or more to the point, it’s not personal if you’re inside the group.

the phantom menace

First Grade
If a spray given like that is a "tactic", it sounds like one only neanderthals might respond to...

It's possible to hold yourself to high standards and to improve after a mistake without someone having a public go at you, or having a go at yourself (if that's what it supposedly is).

JokerEel

Coach
He's dropped several, man - not to mention arm-grabbing, slipping over...

Counted 2-3 in first grade..

He was terrible in CUP though shocked me how he attacked a bomb in first grade.

Against the Broncos he also did well saving tries out the back and taking bombs.. If you saw the Raiders V Broncos game they destroyed Chevy Stuart and he played most of us junior career as a fullback...

I am not saying he should be taking Guthos spot now but you can see he has the ability.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Talagi could be our X factor from fullback, it’s up to the club to firstly keep him and then develop his talent. The real question is can they do this?? Otherwise calling yourself a development club is absolutely laughable.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Counted 2-3 in first grade..

He was terrible in CUP though shocked me how he attacked a bomb in first grade.

Against the Broncos he also did well saving tries out the back and taking bombs.. If you saw the Raiders V Broncos game they destroyed Chevy Stuart and he played most of us junior career as a fullback...

I am not saying he should be taking Guthos spot now but you can see he has the ability.

I can definitely see he has ability, and a tonne of potential.

I just don't think he's at First Grade standard yet .

Eelementary

Post Whore
If only players who haven’t played poorly are allowed to talk then the post try huddles would be silent

It's not about playing poorly - that merely adds to the questionability of his actions, steaming from him.

It's about him not being a leader, and not doing anything to prove he is, in fact, a leader, and still spitting the dummy.

I do agree with the idea that it's up to the individual players as to how they react to it.

However, I've been on the receiving end of this - played prop when I played, and always made 20+ tackles a game, and 15+ runs per game, because I wanted to give my team the best chance to succeed.

Our petulant, little halfback would give us a spray if we missed a tackle, or dropped one of the hospital passes he threw.

Meanwhile, the forward pack were thinking, "What are YOU doing to get us the win? We're working out arses off to give you time, and space, and you haven't laid on a single point - but you'll have a go at us if we make an error?"

So maybe I take it personally.

Glenneel

Bench
If his teammates aren’t respecting him, with the way most of them are playing, that says more about them then Talagi. And I want him to be upset when we concede points. And again if no one else is talking when we concede points, this says more about them
Watched Warriors and Titans games on weekend. Both had a mass of injuries (Wahs had 10, Titans at least 6), both had 3 regular spine players missing and both playing against highly placed and rated teams and both won. Compare that with our piss weak players who laid down and were stomped on by last placed Souths.

What we need is a strong personality as the coach who gets into their ears to put a fire under them. And imo Maguire is not one of them. That is what the board needs to look at before making a selection.

And yes Kini showed a lot more than Talagi has so far so if we get him and Talagi goes I think we have got the better of the deal.

Gronk

Staff member
Talagi could be our X factor from fullback, it’s up to the club to firstly keep him and then develop his talent. The real question is can they do this?? Otherwise calling yourself a development club is absolutely laughable.
If you are bidding at a dutch auction for him against the Roosters Dragons etc, do you just keep going up until you get his signature? Just keep bending over ?

Here lies the problem with millennials, they want it all, they want it now and they have pricks like Isaac Moses enabling them.

King-Gutho94

Coach
If you are bidding at a dutch auction for him against the Roosters Dragons etc, do you just keep going up until you get his signature? Just keep bending over ?

Here lies the problem with millennials, they want it all, they want it now and they have pricks like Isaac Moses enabling them.
I don't think hiney is suggesting we pay 800k for the kid.

Good luck if other clubs want to pay that what do you do.

The onus is on the club to sell him a vision that he wants to stay and in turn the money will come over the next few years as he develops.

What vision are we selling him atm.

The only vision I can see is whenever your at the negotiating table you can ask for a player option inserted into your contract. And we're all happy.

If he was under lock and key for 12 more months without the PO we would have had 6 more months to judge his value and get a better assessment of him at the end of the year.

Instead we basically have to make a decision on his value after 6 FG games it's real smart business.

I have no faith in any of the current coaching staff to develop anyone.

It was evident that Talagi couldn’t handle the high ball from the Trials. He has regressed further.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't think hiney is suggesting we pay 800k for the kid.

Good luck if other clubs want to pay that what do you do.

The onus is on the club to sell him a vision that he wants to stay and in turn the money will come over the next few years as he develops.

What vision are we selling him atm.

The only vision I can see is whenever your at the negotiating table you can ask for a player option inserted into your contract. And we're all happy.

If he was under lock and key for 12 more months without the PO we would have had 6 more months to judge his value and get a better assessment of him at the end of the year.

Instead we basically have to make a decision on his value after 6 FG games it's real smart business.
I get that people think that we should have tied him up blah blah. I am not sure what more you can do when you sign a kid at 16 for 3 years, when you have Moses in his ear.

Isaiya Katoa was poached by $$. I am sure that Penrith thought that they had a perfect vision to sell him.

Latest posts