What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I guess they don't have to be juniors/young. An experienced journeyman who is willing and able might suffice. Not as "experienced" as say Rankin, but maybe someone mid-20's with 15-20 NRL games under their belt but not likely to be a regular first grader. Do they exist?

Daejarn Asi?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Except you keep underselling the impact of Hands. People that pick two numbers in a trifecta don't win shit.
disgusted married with children GIF

Glenneel

Bench
It speaks a bit about their ability to extract the best out of a squad, with "limited" resources, in a short period of time.

I never argued that Cleary was the best, because he took the Warriors to a Grand Final in 5 years; my argument was that he clearly has some ability as a coach, because he took a team who - by, and large, throughout their existence - have been the dictionary definition of "inconsistent" to their second ever Grand Final.

I've heard a lot of, "Bennett was won nothing in 11 years, same as Brad", and, "Cleary had crap results for the first half of his career."

I don't believe that on-field results are the only indicator of the quality of a coach, and Arthur certainly ticked some plusses - though he had plenty of recruitment fails, he did get very good football out of Blake Ferguson, Danny Wicks, RCG, etc. -, but they are certainly an indicator of whether a coach is capable of winning a Premiership, which should be the ultimate goal of any coach.
Trouble with BA is that he didn't adapt and foolishly stuck with a formula that became obsolete. That was his huge failure and he paid the price. Plus he never had our defence right in all those years.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Trouble with BA is that he didn't adapt and foolishly stuck with a formula that became obsolete. That was his huge failure and he paid the price. Plus he never had our defence right in all those years.

I'm not a BA fan - I'm glad he's gone.

But I can also admit he did some good things while he was here.

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
I feel like Brisbane don't lose to many good kids.
*Queensland
Brisbane have lost a few in recent years but Queenslanders have regularly stayed in or eventually returned to Queensland for whatever reasons. At least now it’s not a monopoly for Boncos