What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

yy_cheng

Coach
I do agree.

I think he is super skilful - probably the most skilful 7 in the NRL.

But it's how he uses those skills, sometimes, that irks me.

That's a great example - see your forwards are huffing for breath, kick it into touch, give them a breather.
I sometimes think that it is caused by the BA era. Effort on Effort, Chase the collision, keep deep, chase hard.

Yes it is what should be done, if everything is going your way.. if your players are fit ... if your players arent injured or suspended... if that's how your players strengths are.

But there are many factors in a game that can affect that and one size fits all doesnt always work.

There were so many times last year you could see the players were stuffed - Lane, Lussick and BA didnt replace them thinking they were machines and could go on and on.

Pazza

First Grade
I sometimes think that it is caused by the BA era. Effort on Effort, Chase the collision, keep deep, chase hard.

Yes it is what should be done, if everything is going your way.. if your players are fit ... if your players arent injured or suspended... if that's how your players strengths are.

But there are many factors in a game that can affect that and one size fits all doesnt always work.

There were so many times last year you could see the players were stuffed - Lane, Lussick and BA didnt replace them thinking they were machines and could go on and on.

hopgoods first game

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cleary - yes
DCE - I’d say on par due to DCE’s garbage defence
Hughes - Moses gets the nod due to his kicking game.

I get the frustration at having to fork out $1-$1.2 for Moses. But that’s just what elite halves cost. I think the perfect example of what you get for the next tier down is our other half. He’s a very good second fiddle, but he can’t run the show.

We always talk about freeing up Drown when Moses is injured. I wonder how we’d go freeing up Moses and giving him more possessions without Drown.
I think they play very different roles. Drown can play Moses’ role, but to a poor standard. The best role for him is like another fullback, similar to Munster or Wighton. Not exactly second fiddle, but definitely ‘run first’. To put another way, he’s probably the main guy you want to get the ball to after an offload or quick ptb, but he’s second fiddle on the last tackle. Which is the most important tackle in a set.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's going to be a long and wasted decade in front of us fellas.

I think I'm going to give next season a miss me thinks and only come back to watching us play if I see some real change in direction by this club on all the fundamentals we are so woefully lacking.
We are the underdogs.