What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Stagger eel

Staff member
Stagger do you have a preference in new coach mate? Or approve of Hannay or Ryles?

id be happy with either…

my biggest concern is the shit show call the current football department management, that they‘re running into … I think Ryles is better suited to deal with certain dickheads at our club, Hannay however is a very smart operator who lives and breathes the game.

the BEST scenario would be to offer the other guy an assistant role as I think both would work well together, but I highly doubt we would a) do that b) pull it off

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So did Craig Bellamy previously and they knocked him back in 2002 for Matt Elliott.

One of the great coaching decisions of all-time.
We don’t know how Bellamy would’ve gone at a weaker club. Don’t forget Melbourne won the comp a couple of years before he arrived. Canberra haven’t won since ‘94, under a multitude of coaches.

Pazza

First Grade
Maybe there's two possible reasons for Lomax's good form. One might be the switch to the wing. And one one might be that this is the first time in his NRL career that he's played under a good coach. Just saying.

Very well could be. I can't remember where I hear or read it. But someone was saying lomax playing on the wing really suits his strengths, hard runner, good in the air, great finisher. While centre brings out the bad parts of his game like poor decision making and errors. I don't watch much stg games but apparently Lomax is prone to a lot of low percentage plays trying to set up his outside man, leading to errors

Eelementary

Post Whore
Horsburgh has only played 2 games this year. Suspended to start the year, played two games and injured since round 5. Why would we want to recruit him?
And besides, he is signed to Raiders until the end of 2027.

Because he's a better player than anyone else we have in our back-row currently, barring Hopgood?

Because he's a harder worker than any other back-rower we have on our books?

Because he hits harder than any other back-rower we have on our books?

Take your pick.

He's a hard-working ranga, with mongrel - what's not to love?

Waqa Blake, RCG, Mitch Moses, and even Ryan Matterson, had contracts at their prior clubs, before joining us.

King-Gutho94

Coach
We don’t know how Bellamy would’ve gone at a weaker club. Don’t forget Melbourne won the comp a couple of years before he arrived. Canberra haven’t won since ‘94, under a multitude of coaches.
Considering the amount turds he has turned into gold with a bit of his spit and polish.

I reckon he would have had some sort of success in Canberra maybe not to the extreme of Melbourne but I think Canberra would have had success under Bellamy if he went there in 2002.