What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Delboy

First Grade
I'm in a bit of a rut too mate.

I like the idea of change and new beginnings, but FFS it should coincide with our once in a decade juniors being part of it. Not only do we have an aging roster with long deals, but the 1, 6/7 and 9 that we have all been so excited about will or are likely to play for other clubs next year.

Our fall from grace in just 18 months from GF is catastrophic.

Don't @ me merkins with your political BS. Just join me in a wake at the LU bar.
Have to say this is the post which reflects where we are .

There has been an absolute shambles of decision making for the last 3/4 years which has taken away the joy of making a GF Fair enough the board has achieved their objective of making the club successful off the field, but the continued employment of substandard achievers below them is unacceptable and has made the last 2 seasons excruciating.

Ryles needs to build a completely new team beneath him and hope he has the support of the Chairman and CEO to do this . Even as one of the more senior supporters I want the last 2 seasons to disappear and look forward to 2025 , although I believe it won’t be until 2026 when we can see the first signs of improvement.

Think a lot of members have been tossing up whether to renew their STHs etc, certainly my family has spent some time on this issue. The whole club needs some good news and positive action to cure the malaise we all feel currently. As an example my son and grandsons who all played in the Eels junior reps hardly tune in to the games , as they have become disillusioned with the style of football played and obviously the results, going to be a tough next few months in the rebuild.

Last edited:

yy_cheng

Coach

I like the idea of change and new beginnings, but FFS it should coincide with our once in a decade juniors being part of it. Not only do we have an aging roster with long deals, but the 1, 6/7 and 9 that we have all been so excited about will or are likely to play for other clubs next year.

Don't @ me merkins with your political BS. Just join me in a wake at the LU bar.
I am all for the new ERA with Ryles and I hope he implements his system throughout all grades and juniors.

We have to restart and restart clean.

MA, Sanders, Talagi leaving et al, no skin off my nose. $400k for Talagi compared to $650k for Lomax, I know which one I'd rather.

Cloeel

Juniors
Do you seriously believe Jake will get picked over Jamie Humphreys if either Brooks or DCE are out and Manly are in contention? That’s despite he has already signed elsewhere for next year. I think there’s zero
Chance.
Jamie Humphries is moving to Souths next season.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I am young-ish for some of this board (37). I follow Parra because my Dad played in their [Edit clarity] in Moree, NSW team (under 17s that were undefeated for 5 seasons) in the dinosaur years before a stint at Parra feeder.

For the first time after 15 years, I just don't care. Like I just don't anymore. Already have to wait till 2025 to start all over again when we were in a GF 2 years prior. I don't get it. I don't get this club. And my dad who's 76 will likely never see a new premiership.

Sorry, not much to this, just needed to vent.
Gee i feel for you being a Parra fan born in 1987.

You have had 7 more years of pain then me.

At least i missed the early-mid 90s you couldn't.

I just want this year to be over tbh.

I couldn't give a stuff about who wins this year as long as it's not Manly or Dogs. There the two teams i can't stomach.

3 home games left i will be attending two of them Storm & Penrith - Will miss the last one the Dragons but i don't really care i will be Europe for the Dragons & Tigers games and the first 3 weeks of the finals series so will be far far away when we collect our 15th Wooden Spoon away from the embarrassment of being in Sydney as a Eels fan.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
No, a few someones suggested there was no upside. The downside is obvious (which is why media and fans fixate on it); the player can activate the PO if he gets no better offers. The upside isn’t obvious, in that the PO was exchanged for something else. That something else is contract money up front.

In the same way, a club option is something the club ‘buys’ from the player in exchange for giving him more money up front. The difference between a contract and the same contract with a PO or CO is cash.
Blah...blah...blah

King-Gutho94

Coach
This forum will go into meltdown if that happens.

No disrespect to the kid i haven't come across one parra fan when chatting football outside of this forum that reckons he is anywhere near FG standard yet.

BA should do what's best for his son and let him either develop in reserve grade for another 12 months. Or loan him to Newcastle to play under his great mate Adam O'Brien. At least if he does play first grade its not under the pressure of neoptism.

Because atm that's all this poor kid is thought off when he is picked is that he is only there because of Brad being his father.
I said in February in 2022 Jake should have gone to Newy and played under the godfather AOB.

Seems like the Arthur's have done what i suggested 2 and half years ago with Boods.

It's a shame the club & Brad weren't as forward thinking it would have saved a lot of pain for everybody across the last 3 years.

Gazzamatta

Coach

You can't make an omlet without breaking a few eggs Gronky. So much is wrong with our club that much undoing needs to be done b4 the doing starts. Our culture, attitude, fitness, roster and playing style have either imploded or been driven into the ground with stale and outdated leadership. Let Ryles do his job. Change has finally happened. It's started and for that we can be thankful.

The feeling we are all suffering from in anticipation of the change, and doubt if it was the right one.

If MON was favored over BA by Sean and Jim, BA goes, and while having a long tenure the question has to be was Brad the problem or was MON and the R&R team the problem or the doom and gloom outcome, they were all the problem.

MON has been at the club now for 6 years, if within two years there has been no marked improvement with contracts, retention and roster management and club performance then surely his tenure is at an end come October 2026.

As I say, the clock is ticking.

84 Baby

Referee
“Once in a decade juniors” lol. Setting the bar real low. Talagi will prob become good first grader. The rest average to below average.
Don't rate Guymer?

But really these juniors aren't your Josh Davis, Fabian Goodall, et al that float around lower leagues and never kick on from dominating juniors. They’re getting pursued and signed by other clubs into NRL squads. Sure they may turn out to be Pauli Pauli or Jakob Loko but we need them here as a matter of proof we can develop (even if we can’t), provide decent depth that someone on here bemoans every other week and maybe help uncover a Dylan Edwards for every Daine Laurie

Gronk

Staff member
You can't make an omlet without breaking a few eggs Gronky. So much is wrong with our club that much undoing needs to be done b4 the doing starts. Our culture, attitude, fitness, roster and playing style have either imploded or been driven into the ground with stale and outdated leadership. Let Ryles do his job. Change has finally happened. It's started and for that we can be thankful.

I am 100% behind JR.

1721873668752.png

Noise

Coach
Don't rate Guymer?

But really these juniors aren't your Josh Davis, Fabian Goodall, et al that float around lower leagues and never kick on from dominating juniors. They’re getting pursued and signed by other clubs into NRL squads. Sure they may turn out to be Pauli Pauli or Jakob Loko but we need them here as a matter of proof we can develop (even if we can’t), provide decent depth that someone on here bemoans every other week and maybe help uncover a Dylan Edwards for every Daine Laurie
I reckon he (guymer) will be an average first grader, which is fine. But to say this group of juniors are a once in a decade group is ridiculous (and I know it wasn’t you that said it)

Gazzamatta

Coach
When assessing our juniors lets not forget to consider who was charged to develop them into potential NRL players. I'd suggest that part of our organisation has been gash and the results are a result. Change has happened with greater change planned. Finally.
Ryles is sweeping with a new broom. Like @MarkInTheStands said. Lets give it time to see where the problem really was.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I reckon he (guymer) will be an average first grader, which is fine. But to say this group of juniors are a once in a decade group is ridiculous (and I know it wasn’t you that said it)
The Storm are full of average first graders who most clubs would not have touched.
Good coaching is underestimated. We are now on a path. Finally.

Delboy

First Grade
The feeling we are all suffering from in anticipation of the change, and doubt if it was the right one.

If MON was favored over BA by Sean and Jim, BA goes, and while having a long tenure the question has to be was Brad the problem or was MON and the R&R team the problem or the doom and gloom outcome, they were all the problem.

MON has been at the club now for 6 years, if within two years there has been no marked improvement with contracts, retention and roster management and club performance then surely his tenure is at an end come October 2026.

As I say, the clock is ticking.
The answer is more than likely, all the problem, unfortunately. It became a shambles and they all contributed.