What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
I haevnt watched a lot of him but I thought Ogden looked strong against the Tigers last week. Whats wrong with the bloke?
TCT said that he’s focused on his post footy career.

My guess is that there was a contract there for him but the window to become a copper whilst his body allows was a wise decision. At age 28, what if he played for another few years as a bottom 30 player ? Maybe knee or hip recons ?

TheRam

Coach
We have a good set of mobile or hard working middles:

Ofahengaue
Hopgood
Matterson
Guymer
Lane

Paulo is the only passenger, and as you say, he is still a great attacking forward as long as his fatigue is managed during the game. Lomax will pick up a lot of the slack in go forward. It’s very exciting.

We need at least one more up front if we want to be a top 4 team and defensively compete for a Premiership. Offa isn't enough or good enough to take the A position in the front row and Guymer at this stage is a solid rookie at best. Even when we made the GF Lane and Matto weren't the Alpha forward in our pack, so once again if anyone expects either of them to step up and take the lead turn us into a title contender they are kidding themselves.

With us showing RCG the door, unless we can replace him with a real quality A front rower our team has been weakened.