What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
I don't know much about him. The (sort of) interesting part is that this story was around a few weeks back but now RCG has been released multiple sites have republished the story over the last couple of days as if was a new story. I guess we are going to be linked to every off contract middle over the off season.

And get no one worth getting in the end as per usual.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And get no one worth getting in the end as per usual.
It's September ffs. We are gaining Lomax and Iongi, and losing RCG. Every other player we gain or lose before the pre-season starts will be a nuffy. The kind of player you only bring into the top 30 because you have to. Look at this QLD Cup merkin. Clubs are offering train and trial because they don't want to have to commit. They aren't desperate to fill their top 30 squads, like it's some magic bullet to having good depth. You either have merkins like this in the bottom of the top 30 or they are in the extended squad, and the top 30 remains unfilled. It makes no difference to your squad strength.

Gary-Morris-2-1-300x300.png

King-Gutho94

Coach
I'm rewatching the 2022 GF, and I can't believe that we continued to watch Penrith consistently be offside and get away with it, and didn't think to do the same.
Unless it's the last 5 mins I can't bring myself to watch it again.

I did watch about 20 mins about 2 or 3 weeks after the GF but what was the point we were beaten at the kick off.

No one was beating them that day. I was more worried we were going to cop a 40+ hiding and the worse ever GF loss at one point.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Unless it's the last 5 mins I can't bring myself to watch it again.

I did watch about 20 mins about 2 or 3 weeks after the GF but what was the point we were beaten at the kick off.

No one was beating them that day. I was more worried we were going to cop a 40+ hiding and the worse ever GF loss at one point.
Haven't rewatched it...and never will.....it was the most pathetic grand final I've ever seen, with both teams at full strength....it just showed we never truly were a grand final team.....

All I remember was the kick off going straight down the middle on kick off, and we were on the backfoot since then.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Haven't rewatched it...and never will.....it was the most pathetic grand final I've ever seen, with both teams at full strength....it just showed we never truly were a grand final team.....
You should’ve known that before the finals. Legit premiership contenders have massive points differentials due to all their playing talent. They don’t scrape into the top four on the back of half a dozen close wins.

oldmancraigy

Coach
You should’ve known that before the finals. Legit premiership contenders have massive points differentials due to all their playing talent. They don’t scrape into the top four on the back of half a dozen close wins.

I thought I saw you posting somewhere else some high and mighty comment about poor use of statistics....

In the second half of that season, we only lost to teams below us (most of them didn't make the 8). 4 losses for a combined 30 for and 126 against. We certainly had top 4 talent, and could have had a massive differential (and top 2 finish) had we won just half of those games

In close games (decided by 4 or less) (in that season) we were 4-2. And you'd expect a 50/50 result if talent levels were equal, but given our top 4 talent, you'd assume 4-2 is reasonable. The points differential stems from the fact we had the worst defence in the top 8 that year. Our structures have been poor for some time. Getting flogged by bad teams didn't help the differential either.