What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Delboy

First Grade
Just a small update:

We have missed out on Blake Wilson, we are not interested in JAC. There are some mid tier signings to come. There will be big clean-out this time next year.
The major issue in recruitment is the unbalanced roster and room in the salary cap which Ryles has inherited. Questions to those in charge on the whys and wherefores of why we are in that situation I guess will never be made public knowledge.

Last edited:

JokerEel

Coach
Just a small update:

We have missed out on Blake Wilson, we are not interested in JAC. There are some mid tier signings to come. There will be big clean-out this time next year.

Meh on Wilson he rejected us a while back and then when the dogs didn't need him they let him go out to tender... Now they are about to let JAC go they need him again he will be forgotten about soon...

Mid tier signing are good the ones we currently have are very average.

Wonder what the clean out will be...

Tiger5150

Bench
Pryke is an adult though. Like Charlie Guymer, he can’t just get out of the contract because he’s ‘homesick’ for Bondi.
Development Club......

Tigers have/had two superstars coming through Makasini & Onitoni Large. Large just signed a Dev Contract with Manly. Makasini is the pick of them and we needed to keep him. Massive coup for the Tigers beating opposition clubs and Wallabies for him. Perfect timing of his Contracts with 1 development year and expect him to debut in 2026.

Was a shame to lose Large but at this stage he will have Luai and Galvin ahead of him for a long time to come. Makasini has no impediments in his pathway with only an old brittle Olam assured of getting selected in the centres.

Stevie

Bench
Central coast
I now live in Terrigal. I can tell you the Central Coast is absolutely screaming for a team, has been for 40 years. They have the catchment, the stadium, the local pathways and talent (in abundance) and just as importantly the local business and serious financial support.
They got burned by Florimo and co taking money on promises for years but if they had a Dolphins like proper start, it would be a hugely supported team.

JokerEel

Coach
I now live in Terrigal. I can tell you the Central Coast is absolutely screaming for a team, has been for 40 years. They have the catchment, the stadium, the local pathways and talent (in abundance) and just as importantly the local business and serious financial support.
They got burned by Florimo and co taking money on promises for years but if they had a Dolphins like proper start, it would be a hugely supported team.

Never will happen unless we lose a NSW club.

The NRL should have made Souths and Roosters merge in 1997..

King-Gutho94

Coach
The Bears should have moved there in 1999 and backed themselves.

Manly would have been booted and how good would the comp have been then without any north shore wankers on the peninsula.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Bears went broke all on their own, nothing to do with the merger.
They were better off financially then Manly when there merger started.

It was only they were dumb enough to allow Arko to have a clause that Manly come back in if the merger folded.

I am sure if my memory is correct if they moved to Central Coast in 2000.

Singo basically would have bankrolled them to play at that stadium up there they basically built it for and kept them afloat as a single entity

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Would have been a super power that would have been unstoppable.

I would imagine that merger would be sitting on 6 or 7 premierships by now and the fan base close 65-70k on membership alone.

The only downside would be we would have probably have to play home games at the dump Homebush to fit everyone in.
Or.....we could have brought the eels curse over and lost a further 6-7 grand finals

Latest posts