What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Whingers and Occasional Optimism XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Just because you have the best player in the game doesn't mean you're getting value out of him.

I'm sure we can all agree that Hayne at $500k is massive value and great for your team, but Hayne at $2M hurts your team and you're better off without him. So somewhere in between is the tipping point where he goes from asset to liability. Where is that tipping point? That's up to the clubs to decide, not Hayne.

We were getting more value out of him than we were with the other 3 though. Especially Lussick and Sandow.

hindy111

Post Whore
Why does everyone think we pay overs for players?
Supply and demand - How many clubs wanted a fullback? I would say quite a few clubs have two fullbacks that they would use before Gordon would get the spot-Penrith -Moylan-DWZ- - Storm - Munster-Slater, Manly-Stewart-Trib-Sharks-Barba-Bird....
Of all the fullbacks available at the start of season no club would swap their current fullback for Gordon. It is not like Gordon had heaps of bargaining chips. He is into his 30's and best footy behind him with every clubs have an establish Fullback, he may of been considered for a wing spot.It was more then likely Parra's offer or UK. I reckon Parra would of known that to.

1 PARRA - YES
2 Warriors - No
3 Titans - No
4 Newcastle - Maybe
5 Souths - No
6 Penrith - No
7 Canberra - No
8 Manly - No
9 Dogs - No
10 Tigers - No
11 Cowboys -No
12 Saints -No
13 Sharks -No
14 Storm - No
15 Roosters - NO
16 Brisbane - NO

hindy111

Post Whore
Watmough was a different story- Was a current NSW player..... We where desperate and most clubs would of fit him in their top 17. Most would not of needed him as much or willing to pay that amount.Lots of clubs would of been willling to pay him 400k thou.

Avenger

Immortal
I'll tell you who:

The voice of reason, that's who.

I don't rely on the media to come up with the figures. I actually know player managers personally and even the bloke that used to press the enter button for the payments at Parra. What are you basing your opinion on? Just one that is opposite to mine? Like you do in every thread? To most people here?

I remember when you used to go off and ridicule the figures on Sandow's contract. I kept telling you that his contract was severely back ended and that we were paying $750k for his last year, yet you didn't believe me until I sent you a PM to give veracity to my post. Yet you still mock? Why? Like I have said many times I don't know where you get the energy. I'm all for discussion and that is why we are all here but you play the opposite consistently and you end up looking stupid and child like.

phantom eel

First Grade
Gordon is a great buy for us - exactly what we needed this season, whether we paid overs, unders or right on whatever determines a player's "value".

Kornstar

Coach
I don't rely on the media to come up with the figures. I actually know player managers personally and even the bloke that used to press the enter button for the payments at Parra. What are you basing your opinion on? Just one that is opposite to mine? Like you do in every thread? To most people here?

I remember when you used to go off and ridicule the figures on Sandow's contract. I kept telling you that his contract was severely back ended and that we were paying $750k for his last year, yet you didn't believe me until I sent you a PM to give veracity to my post. Yet you still mock? Why? Like I have said many times I don't know where you get the energy. I'm all for discussion and that is why we are all here but you play the opposite consistently and you end up looking stupid and child like.

I'm glad these professionals are happy to tell their mates how much their clients are paid.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so Bozo wants Semi to play SOO

THE push is on for Parramatta Eels superstar Semi Radradra to play for both the NSW Blues and Australia’s Kangaroos this year, despite his Fijian heritage.

As the rules currently stand, the blockbusting winger can play for Australia because he has been in the country for three years but not NSW because he didn’t play rugby league in the state before the age of 13.

The qualification rules however don’t take into account rugby union converts like Radradra who played his first football in Australia in Parramatta’s Holden Cup team.

Four years ago the Origin qualification rules were overhauled by a committee involving Immortal Bob Fulton, super coach Wayne Bennett and then Kangaroos coach Tim Sheens.

Fulton revealed players like the Eels superstar who converted from union were never taken into consideration when the selection criteria was last revamped.

“It’s time we reassessed the rule,” Fulton said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...d/news-story/b6af05e41c5c2a88f121bd31adcb5c9c

hindy111

Post Whore
Sam wanted to sell a box of tomatoes. But no one needed the Tomatoes. When not many Tomatoes around Sam could sell them for $10 a box. But there was one guy who could use the Tomatoes. He offered Sam $5 for the box. Sam knew he could get $10 if the market was good but the fact know one wanted them and they where already starting to go off he sold them for half price.

emjaycee

Coach
Sam wanted to sell a box of tomatoes. But no one needed the Tomatoes. When not many Tomatoes around Sam could sell them for $10 a box. But there was one guy who could use the Tomatoes. He offered Sam $5 for the box. Sam knew he could get $10 if the market was good but the fact know one wanted them and they where already starting to go off he sold them for half price.

Who the f**k is Sam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts