What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Whingers and Occasional Optimism XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I think Semi should also be eased into fb.

I reckon if you said Semi kick this, he'll boot it out of the stadium

He is twice dailym winger of the year. He has outgrown this position

What will make him a better fb than Hayne is that he has a strong work ethic and will follow all potential offloads and will try and learn and Learn. Gordon would be a great mentor for him

I reckon an upgrade before his contract expires will keep him an eel for life. He will remember these little things and will add to his loyalty

Agree in that Semi could be a good fullback. But to day he would be better than the best ever... yikes. Hey, anything is possible, but bold to suggest it like it is obvious.

IFR33K

Coach
Not sure he has the passing or kicking game to match Hayne at fullback. But anything is possible.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
You mean the guy who walked out on us? Why do we owe him a share of our next premiership?

Why are you playing the MAN Jarryd Poo?

He gave us 9 years of NRL footy 2006-2014, with many moments of sheer exhilaration thrown in.
He owes us nothing.
Punishing a MAN for having a dream is spiteful, nasty, vengeful, greedy and selfish.
Wake up Poo :crazy::crazy::crazy:
He is most welcome to finish his contact sport carrer with us if he chooses too and our coach/club can afford him and want him.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Talking about the boys doing good stuff, this is about an ex player, Jarryd.

I recently had a bloke put in an air con for me who was from the Campbelltown area. He was a Tigers fan but had the utmost respect for Hayne. He said he continuously went back there to speak to young kids at schools etc.

One example. He said Jarryd had gone back to his old school and spoke to the kids, then went to the canteen and asked how much it would be to buy all the kids at the school a Paddle Pop. I can't remember how much it was but it was a few hundred dollars. He paid it and went on his merry way.

Good onya, Jarryd,.

Forty20

First Grade
Typical of the selfish bastard, to be honest. Did he even think about the poor teachers that would have to deal with 300 odd kids coming down from their lunch-time sugar rush?

eels_fan

First Grade
According to the Stupid Kent, there is 'more' to the Semi story, I just can't read it as its subscriber only

eels_fan

First Grade
Found it.

SEMI Radradra’s statement of denial was released by the Parramatta Eels on Parramatta Eels letterhead, complete with the Parramatta Eels sponsor high and visible.
It led: “Dyldam Parramatta Eels winger Semi Radradra says he’s not considering leaving the club ...” and went on to say everything we have heard from Parramatta before.
Whenever relations break down between player and club and the news leaks to us pesky rascals in the press, the denial statement is the first on the road to reconciliation talks behind closed doors.
By dressing up their statement as more corporate advertising the Eels actually undermined the strength of their statement.
But what if it was actually true?
It began Thursday night when I reported on NRL360 that Channel Seven was breaking news that Radradra wanted out of the club at the end of the season. He was frustrated at not being able to play State of Origin like other players of Fijian heritage like Lote Tuqiri and Petero Civoniceva, I said.
By the time I got home the narrative had changed. It wasn’t Origin at all, I was told by someone else at the club, but a failure from the Eels to fulfil third party payments.
It’s why Radradra was late coming home from Fiji over Christmas, when he refused to leave until the Eels came good on their deal.That information was volunteered, not chased.
Then the Eels put out yesterday’s statement. I called Radradra’s manager George Christodolou and he was frustrated, saying Radradra was always a rugby player and still harboured dreams of returning to rugby BUT THERE WAS NO THREAT TO LEAVE, no failed third party payment, if maybe a little frustration at not being able to play Origin. He was given an extra two weeks to remain in Fiji by coach Brad Arthur after a relationship breakup, he said.
No journalism anywhere in the world contains the absolute truth. It’s as much truth as you can discover in one day and then, the next day, you try to discover more. It is why trust is compulsory. And so tough to establish in the NRL.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/eels/why-there-was...

It is why trust is compulsory. And so tough to establish in the NRL.
did you ever think that if you stopped taking quotes out of context and printing half truths & outright lies maybe people would trust you more?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think Semi should also be eased into fb.

I reckon if you said Semi kick this, he'll boot it out of the stadium

He is twice dailym winger of the year. He has outgrown this position

What will make him a better fb than Hayne is that he has a strong work ethic and will follow all potential offloads and will try and learn and Learn. Gordon would be a great mentor for him

I reckon an upgrade before his contract expires will keep him an eel for life. He will remember these little things and will add to his loyalty

Yes I reckon he would make a good fullback, also wouldn't be as restricted like he would be at centre.

But also think he needs some more time to develo, not sure if has the ball skills for fullback yet. But his biggest problem at fullback is he is probably to quiet, you need to be a really big talk at fullback instructing the defensive line what to do, not sure Semi is up to that yet.

yy_cheng

Coach
Yes I reckon he would make a good fullback, also wouldn't be as restricted like he would be at centre.

But also think he needs some more time to develo, not sure if has the ball skills for fullback yet. But his biggest problem at fullback is he is probably to quiet, you need to be a really big talk at fullback instructing the defensive line what to do, not sure Semi is up to that yet.

That's why i said ease him into it. As few minutes of a game here and there.

It will actually show him that we are heipng him achieve his goal

Its like us at work. Each year during your review hoi get the top marks or whatever but then always overlooked for promotion. Eventually you will leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts