What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Whingers and Occasional Optimism XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
That's a bit of a generalisation, pete. I'm sure there are Fijian scumbags as well. Ever heard of Wes Naiqama?

Typical of you arguing about anything and picking the eyes out of every statement. One thing is for sure you are Indian and a major f**kwit.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's true. But some bonus payments can land on the current cap as I understand it (otherwise there was no reason why Kelly couldn't be picked in July).

Unless, of course, the club got dispensation to play Kelly in May (when Sandow was originally dropped) due to injuries to players other than Sandow

I'm sure that's what happened. Kelly was no longer in our top 25 last year and our second tier cap would have been used up by any of these merkins before Kelly got onto the field:

Allgood (still contracted)
Hayne (still contracted)
Hunt (still contracted)
Mossop (still contracted)
Tanginoa (still contracted)
Tonga (still contracted)
Moeroa (still eligible for NYC so possibly second tier)
Folau (first year out of NYC so possibly second tier)
Faraimo
Fa'aoso (possibly on a second tier contract with a significant 'free' match payments component)
Pauli (first year out of NYC so possibly second tier)

Anyway that's a lot of dudes potentially included under our second tier cap, so it's likely that cap was full before Kelly got onto the field.

Fanbase

Juniors
Watmough retiring is the only major factor that I can think of which effects Norman and Semi and possibly Jarryd. Could mean we let go of a few other players like Taka, Terepo, Gower, etc and retirement of Watto to upgrade Semi & Norman and ease in Jarryd.

JHayne in our 2016 team and we would be near unstoppable for the premiership

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Foran seems pretty cheap. Bargain basement.

Agreed, best buy of the past 30 years or so I reckon. The respect he earns from his players has them do anything for him (on the field that is - not sure how kinky Foran is but that is for another forum called "Poo's Pink Slippers" to discuss. With ten Indian moderators and a back up call centre of 300 Poo's got all his aces covered).

Agreed, best buy of the past 30 years or so I reckon. The respect he earns from his players has them do anything for him (on the field that is - not sure how kinky Foran is but that is for another forum called "Poo's Pink Slippers" to discuss. With ten Indian moderators and a back up call centre of 300 Poo's got all his aces covered).

:) I was referring to the $1,200 annual salary you'd allocated him. But, regardless, you are right.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
The cap wasn't influencing his decision making when he dropped Sandow to Wenty.

I'd love to see Semi transition to fullback too, but maybe centre is more realistic? He's even said himself that he wants to move in to centre.

2017?
1. Gutherson (Hayne?)
2. French
3. Radradra

In this case, protecting the standards and culture of the squad/club would have more to do with Sandow being dropped, so yes I agree with you.

When Semi hits the $500/$600+ cap stratosphere, we'll have a huge challenge on our hands building a formidable 2017 squad. I reckon it will be a far better option to groom Gutherson for centre as he'll only be on $200/$300k and give Semi the fullback position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts