What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Whingers and Occasional Optimism XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player agents want to negotiate new contracts when they like these days. Doesn't matter if there is 2 or 3 years left on a contract. It's called the new loyalty in rugby league.

Sure seems that way. I remember DCE's agent causing a ruckus after they won the title and he was supposedly on $50K. He got his upgrade I believe.

Captain BF

Juniors
New signing to be announced soon. Not a re-signing either.

My guess is James Tamou. I'm basing this on a conversation with a board member of a club in the western suburbs (Not Parra). They were discussing/getting an update on recruitment & retention etc for next season. They were looking at Tamou but have been told that Whatmough will retire either through this season or at the end of the season at the latest. Some of his cap space will go to Tamou who's wife wants to be near her family in Sydney.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
My guess is James Tamou. I'm basing this on a conversation with a board member of a club in the western suburbs (Not Parra). They were discussing/getting an update on recruitment & retention etc for next season. They were looking at Tamou but have been told that Whatmough will retire either through this season or at the end of the season at the latest. Some of his cap space will go to Tamou who's wife wants to be near her family in Sydney.

I read the other day that kenny edwards and james tamou are cousins. Certainly wont hurt our chances of signing him

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-in-him-says-new-manager-20160326-gnrf9d.html

Eels ceasefire a 'good outcome'

Parramatta have avoided the threat of having to restage its spiteful 2015 Leagues Club elections after settling a dispute with former players Ray Price and Ben Smith.

Smith was ruled ineligible to stand as a candidate because he was considered a paid employee of the organisation, while there was contention over whether Price was a financial member. The pair took the matter to the Supreme Court, raising the prospect of a revote if their action was successful. However, the parties settled the dispute at mediation during the week.

"Ben Smith and Ray Price have been in dispute with the club and its present board of directors concerning the 2015 election for board members, which has led to litigation in the Supreme Court of NSW," the parties said in a joint release.

"At the heart of that dispute is the question of the eligibility of Ben Smith and Ray Price to stand for election to the board of directors. This led to technical legal arguments about their standing as members.

"The parties are pleased that they were able to reach an agreement that avoids ongoing conflict.

"The club was happy with the approach adopted by Ray Price and Ben Smith and felt that the agreement was an appropriate outcome for members. Ray Price and Ben Smith acknowledge that the club's motive in this matter was constitutional rather than political in nature."

Parramatta Leagues Club boss Bevan Paul described the ceasefire as a "good outcome".

"Everyone approached this in a collaborative fashion and we were able to amicably resolve their complaint," Paul said.

"All parties were satisfied with the outcome."

phantom eel

First Grade
I hope the outcome was just that those two merkins stop stirring shit... if you're ineligible, you're ineligible.

hindy111

Post Whore
Qld have no shortage of halves -

Thurston-Cronk
Milford - Hunt
Norman- DCE
Morgan - Mbye

All these combo's and guys are better then any option NSW has.

They also have plenty of options at hooker and fullback.

hindy111

Post Whore
As for Bevan i am sure he is signed until end of 2018. He could turn out to be a super player and i doubt our club will let this guy slip thru their hands!

TheRam

Coach
Not only is he the best winger in the game, but dollar for dollar, I dare say he's the best player in the game.

His manager seems to be taking his frustrations out on the wrong people/organisations. He should be looking a little closer to home.

Semi is probably one of the most marketable players in the game. If his manager wanted to secure more dollars for his client, he should be working overtime in securing TPA's.

I am serious here when I say, if Semi truly wants to earn massive TPA's and even a career in the media after footy, then he should look at elocution lessons.

The only thing standing in his way at this stage is his diction. I for one have been of the belief that a great many of our players, of all backgrounds, should mandatorily do this for their own good and the game itself.

Imagine how marketable a player like Semi would be if he could speak as clearly as say someone like Petro Civoniceva? The networks would be falling over themselves to sign him up.

Something like this below for as long as it took is what I would put him through.

Pronunciation Studio
https://pronunciationstudio.com/elocution/

hindy111

Post Whore
I am serious here when I say, if Semi truly wants to earn massive TPA's and even a career in the media after footy, then he should look at elocution lessons.

The only thing standing in his way at this stage is his diction. I for one have been of the belief that a great many of our players, of all backgrounds, should mandatorily do this for their own good and the game itself.

Imagine how marketable a player like Semi would be if he could speak as clearly as say someone like Petro Civoniceva? The networks would be falling over themselves to sign him up.

Something like this below for as long as it took is what I would put him through.

Pronunciation Studio

I think they put Gordon Tallis thru the same course

Kornstar

Coach
Haha, Hopoate won't play Sunday's for religious reasons from now on. Glad he is someone else's problem.

Wonder if they make the GF if he will play?

TheRam

Coach
I think they put Gordon Tallis thru the same course

Well then see, it worked...he's on the tele and the radio every week. :lol:

But seriously this is a very important topic.

Our players need this sort of thing big time. Most of them sound terrible, not because they are stupid, but because of their upbringing and background.

This is a pet hate of mine in general. If I were in charge of a club, I would make it a mandatory requirement for almost all players except of course for players like Cam Smith and Co.

Hell I would love it to become part of the requirement for Australian migration too. Some of those accents out there that pass off as English/Australian are ridiculous and pathetically lazy, sounding more and more like Pan English.

This seriously needs to be address.

TheRam

Coach
I wonder who this new signing is? I hope his a top line player worth recruiting and not just another filler that eats up more of the salary cap.

Cause for mine we don't need any more forwards other then to replace Paulo when he leaves and maybe a fullback.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Pronunciation Studio

Just remember who he is being marketed to. If he speaks too well most bogan league fans won't understand him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts