What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Whingers and Occasional Optimism XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I wonder who this new signing is? I hope his a top line player worth recruiting and not just another filler that eats up more of the salary cap.

Cause for mine we don't need any more forwards other then to replace Paulo when he leaves and maybe a fullback.

why even think about it?

you'll bitch and moan about whoever it is

El Diablo

Post Whore

parra pete

Referee
My guess is James Tamou. I'm basing this on a conversation with a board member of a club in the western suburbs (Not Parra). They were discussing/getting an update on recruitment & retention etc for next season. They were looking at Tamou but have been told that Whatmough will retire either through this season or at the end of the season at the latest. Some of his cap space will go to Tamou who's wife wants to be near her family in Sydney.

I have heard the same thing...

Swiftstylez

Bench
Haha, Hopoate won't play Sunday's for religious reasons from now on. Glad he is someone else's problem.

Wonder if they make the GF if he will play?

Technically unless you HAVE to work on Sunday you aren't meant to, it's weird that he has just started to do that this year considering no other Mormons sat out on Sunday's for the Eels. Seems like some free publicity for the church because to be a professional rugby league player you have to play on some Sunday's for a living and that has been used as an exception for ages.

Last edited:

hybrideel

Bench
Haha, Hopoate won't play Sunday's for religious reasons from now on. Glad he is someone else's problem.

Wonder if they make the GF if he will play?

So apparently the bulldogs knew about this possibility when negotiating his contract. I wonder if Parra were informed of the same thing. This could have implications on the court case as if we agreed to x amount on the assumption that he would be available for 24 games + finals - possible origin and/or injuries and the bulldogs agreed to y amount with the 24 games + finals - possible origin, injuries and sundays then any possible payout should be offset with this in mind i would think

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The NRL has released a statement regarding the Titans having an extra player on the field last night, issuing a $5, 000 breach notice for the infringement.

After reviewing footage of the brief incident in the 49th minute of play, the NRL notified the Titans of the sanction today.

Earlier on Triple M
Gold Coast may have a case to answer over claims they fielded an extra man during their 24-20 come-from-behind NRL win over Canberra.

The NRL confirmed it would review footage of the match on Saturday at GIO Stadium, where it's believed a 14th player - former Raider David Shillington - went on the field before walking off again in the 48th minute.

He was meant to replace Tyrone Roberts, who went down clutching his knee but continued to play.

Titans coach Neil Henry admitted there was some confusion among officials around the interchange, but said Shillington wouldn't have been on for longer than five seconds.

"The interchange guy is supposed to sight it as far as I know and that didn't happen," he said.

"I wasn't watching that play at the time ... so I wasn't sure what was going on.

"Obviously match officials will have a look at it and we'll see what happens."

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...o-titans-had-14-men-on-field-against-raiders/

Avenger

Immortal
My guess is James Tamou. I'm basing this on a conversation with a board member of a club in the western suburbs (Not Parra). They were discussing/getting an update on recruitment & retention etc for next season. They were looking at Tamou but have been told that Whatmough will retire either through this season or at the end of the season at the latest. Some of his cap space will go to Tamou who's wife wants to be near her family in Sydney.

I have heard the same thing...

I hope it's Tamou. He is a gun prop.

Avenger

Immortal
Should we give Gordon another year after this one? I say yes. Experienced and can play centre/wing when French comes in at fullback.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If we could get him cheap enough that it doesn't hurt us to have his salary at Wenty then re-sign him for sure. At more than about $150k he actually represents a bit of a risk.

Avenger

Immortal
Can't believe I'm saying this but I hope we don't have the distraction of a possible return of Hayne. Hope he makes it at the 49ers and the NFL long term.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Absolutely. He will prefer whoever offers him a 2-year deal, which might be the complication.

Do you really think some one is going to offer Gordon, who will be 34 next year, a two year contract ? Unless he goes to the UK, I reckon he is only going to get 1 year contracts from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts