What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours from the official forum

Y2Eel

First Grade
spiderdan said:
to add to that quote from the eels board:

i also had it confirmed that john williams will be at manly next year. so i guess the release has been given.

a shame if you ask me. i reckon he's the best winger at the club right now.

i guess we will have to wait till the weekend or next to see if he plays or not...

KevinArnold

Juniors
I smell BS! and I'm not talking about Brian Smith.

I find it hard to believe that one would give up on a 21 year old half-back, who in his debut season lead the NRL in try assists. Maybe as a back-up for Tim Smith, but to quote the thread starter "hagan doesnt rate him".

Doesn't rate him? :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
every club in the NRL has a contingency plan in every key position, it doesn't mean that Tim's on notice, it just means he may not rate Jeremy or Blake..

Cletus

First Grade
So who is this John Williams bloke? Any good?

If it's true we'll have to officially make Parra our feeder club.:lol:

ParraAds

Juniors
ahhh Hagan, yet another super coach for our ranks, at least Smith has won some games without Johns. Tough times being a Parra fan at the moment, too much innuendo, speculation, and not enough on field results.

btaag

Juniors
There will be a shake-up regardless as Hagen will, for the first time, have all the resources and freedom he wants to mould the team in the way he sees fit. He wont have the huge contract of Johns to worry about nor have M Gidley and the otehr Newcastle stallwarts to re-sign every year (meaning he has cap flexibility).

Brian Smith got rid of almost every player in the 1996 squad asap (Chris Lawler, David Woods, Chris King, John Simon, Aaron Raper etc) as soon as he could. I think Hagen might do the same.

I cant believe he would dump Cayless though. Loyalty must count for something.

Daneel

Bench
nöyd said:
Lance Thompson must've been wondering that exact same thing ;-)

The fact that he acted like someone suffering from bipolar through the whole thing probably out weighed the loyalty factor.

Redback71

First Grade
if half the rumours on here are true then hagans a dick head. and a wanker and a...... he doesnt rate t. smith but he rates k. gidley as if.

Daneel

Bench
Redback71 said:
if half the rumours on here are true then hagans a dick head. and a wanker and a...... he doesnt rate t. smith but he rates k. gidley as if.

Even if the rumours aren't true i think hagan is all them things you called him Redback.

half

Coach
rumors i have heard lately from various sources:

- steve simpson to parra
- john morris to penrith

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Redback71 said:

Haven't watched alot of league lately? Tim's playing like a busted arse and seems to have a bad attitude, while Kidley is killing it.

I rate Tim, I think he COULD have a bright future and I think Hagan should work with him but to call Hagan all those names for not rating him is harsh.

He must know something if he's not only won a premiership but worked with the best halfback of all time for the last 5 - 6 years. Johns rates Kidley too, would you like to take aim at him?

shaun

Juniors
Id be suprised if Hagan didnt give Tim a good go at half. Ricky Stuart must rate Tim as showed by picking him in training camp for aussie squad earlier in the year. and ricky's a good judge. However Tim isnt having doing much to impress Hagan.

Id prefer success over loyalty. so if that means letting go vella and cayless then so be it.

Avenger said:
http://www.parraeels.com.au/eelsbboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13857

from the mouth of a parramatta insider, whom for the purpose of the exercise we shall call "fred".
hagan has instructed the club that he has no plans for a number of our players, most notably morris, vella and somewhat surprising cayless. keep morrisson at any cost was also a request.
the lyon deal looks very likely. however, expect a signing of an average first grade quality halfback to cover for tim smith. not for injury mind you. hagan doesnt rate him. aparrently, if hagan were here now smith would be playing prems for poor form.
hagan is keeping a close eye on our team and is in DAILY contact with management. as is brian smith at newcastle.
brians mind is aparrently not on the job, but DF doesnt see the point of paying him out this year when the season is virtually already gone anyhow and it will be a waste of money. i was surprised to hear they think the season is gone, but that seems to be the "subconcious" feeling around camp.
oh the joys of being a parra fan.

In speaking with a high ranking member of the club. . .
Brian's mind not on the job. . . Wrong, apparently Brian was very unhappy with the performance on Saturday and will be working to get the team up.

Vella, Cayless are on contract and there are no moves to cancel those contracts.

Morrison has requested to leave for the UK. We will allow it on confirmation of a Superleague contract.

Lyon has been offered a contract and we are waiting to here but there is a great deal of confidence.

There is also some major confidence that we can make the top 8.

spiderdan said:
to add to that quote from the eels board:

i also had it confirmed that john williams will be at manly next year. so i guess the release has been given.

a shame if you ask me. i reckon he's the best winger at the club right now.

Interesting as he has been offered a contract here and is considering it.

PB

Bench
People whinge about Brian's favourites. Hagan has them to M Gidley, G.Carmont, J.Perry to name but a few....

IF Hagan doesn't rate Tim then he would be a moron no question as the kid has shown he has talent, he just needs to harness it and develop it.

I don't mind a bit of a shake up, but there needs to be some stability maintained.

The Colonel

Immortal
Avenger said:
http://www.parraeels.com.au/eelsbboa...TOPIC_ID=13857

from the mouth of a parramatta insider, whom for the purpose of the exercise we shall call "fred".
hagan has instructed the club that he has no plans for a number of our players, most notably morris, vella and somewhat surprising cayless. keep morrisson at any cost was also a request.
the lyon deal looks very likely. however, expect a signing of an average first grade quality halfback to cover for tim smith. not for injury mind you. hagan doesnt rate him. aparrently, if hagan were here now smith would be playing prems for poor form.
hagan is keeping a close eye on our team and is in DAILY contact with management. as is brian smith at newcastle.
brians mind is aparrently not on the job, but DF doesnt see the point of paying him out this year when the season is virtually already gone anyhow and it will be a waste of money. i was surprised to hear they think the season is gone, but that seems to be the "subconcious" feeling around camp.
oh the joys of being a parra fan.

:lol:

Latest posts