What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

Coach
Happy to keep our try scoring freak.
Seriously though, I think he needs to have a full preseason of practicing his already fair offload skills.
If he could master that, he'll go up another cog. ATM Twally is just solid in most departments but doesn't excel in any.
I like him as he's got WT DNA.
Agree, at least we know who we have.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

simmo1

First Grade
Happy to keep Twal but $525k for him is ridiculous, thank god the ones who made that contract are gone

The cap system is broken in that clubs have to spend a minimum amount of our salary cap. We have a shit roster but we have to pay them the same as Penrith or Broncos, so how do we avoid paying our middling players way overs?

The bigger issue was giving him a 3 year deal.

gordsy

Juniors
The whole we have to spend so much of the cap doesn't make sense to me. if we spent 20# less cap wise then we did last year, what changes?

Nutz

Bench
550K should be someone playing every week and not just a bench warmer. As I said before he needs to own a playing trait like offloads.
Just being an honest player won't cut it.
I hope Alex can eat some magic kababs and rise to the occasion.

Tigerm

Coach
550K should be someone playing every week and not just a bench warmer. As I said before he needs to own a playing trait like offloads.
Performance enhancing drugs are illegal :)

Tigerm

Coach
The Tigers recently gave permission for Twal to test the market and were willing to release the middle forward from the final year of his $525,000 contract. The extension of at least three years will result in him earning about $400,000 per season.

Is this better? He no doubt tested the market and found he couldn't get his current money?

Nutz

Bench
The Tigers recently gave permission for Twal to test the market and were willing to release the middle forward from the final year of his $525,000 contract. The extension of at least three years will result in him earning about $400,000 per season.

Is this better? He no doubt tested the market and found he couldn't get his current money?
That's better imo TM.
It's funny that they refer to performance enhancing drugs as dope. Contradiction of terms hey.
Our team has had some "dopes" over the years and they're the ones we know about.

Tigerm

Coach
That's better imo TM.
It's funny that they refer to performance enhancing drugs as dope. Contradiction of terms hey.
Our team has had some "dopes" over the years and they're the ones we know about.
Agree, what are pain killers, aspro, Panadol etc, used for in sport?

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
The Twal extension is really weird. We have Klem signed for 3 more years, Stef and Pole for another 2 and both hopefully getting extended. Then you get guys like Kit, Matamua, Miller and Faagutu are all middles. Plus Blore seems to have been moved into the prop rotation.

$400k is still probably slightly overs for him but much better then $525k. Strange decision imo

Das Hassler

Bench
So, Madge is the NSW State of Origin coach. I guess Tim Sheens was unavailable.

I think madge is fine with getting a rep side up ....building a winning nrl team around a blend of a few rep players...journeyman and rookies is a whole other thing...IMO he is an ideal SOO coach as far as "prepare elite players for 80 mins of war" goes..doesn't follow that he's a good club coach though

Ned Kelly

Juniors
So, Madge is the NSW State of Origin coach. I guess Tim Sheens was unavailable.
I think madge is fine with getting a rep side up ....building a winning nrl team around a blend of a few rep players...journeyman and rookies is a whole other thing...IMO he is an ideal SOO coach as far as "prepare elite players for 80 mins of war" goes..doesn't follow that he's a good club coach though
Makes sense.

Perth Tiger

Bench
The Twal extension is really weird. We have Klem signed for 3 more years, Stef and Pole for another 2 and both hopefully getting extended. Then you get guys like Kit, Matamua, Miller and Faagutu are all middles. Plus Blore seems to have been moved into the prop rotation.

$400k is still probably slightly overs for him but much better then $525k. Strange decision imo
With Brooks gone and hopefully Nofa gone soon I am guessing we could use the long serving player discount so he would probably hardly cost us anything on the cap by the stage some of the young kids are coming through