What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
@Tigerm
@The Silverdale Phantom
Attention all WT forum faithfuls....
I just got off the phone to my best mate who tells things how they are and not just what you want to hear...My mate is a Kiwi and closely connected with NZ rugby (still sooking after world cup loss ha ha).
For his privacy I'm not going to say who he is.
I asked him has he heard of the rugby player Solomon Alaimalo, his reply was "great player who is a complete footballer"
He said about everything that is in the video, which I found after the phone call, so it confirms my mates assessment.
Things that stood out for me were:
Good pace,
Awareness,
Doesn't give up on an attacking raids but finds a way to keep them going,
Good change-up.
Being a rah rah, if can we lure Michael Cheika across it could not only help with snaring Solomon but also help with his transition. Then of course you have Benji who has played rugby and probably still has connections and can coach him in the NRL.
I'm also reading that we are going hard for Olam and Best.
You throw these 3 in with Bula and To'a then suddenly things look a lot better.

Sorry that parts of these clips have highlights repeated.

Still having trouble with the thumbs up button, but good post, thanks Nutzy.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench

Wests Tigers are in the mix to sign English superstar Jack Welsby .
Benji still reportedly pushing for a player swap, with Tigers backrower Shawn Blore and Justin Olam.
Moses Suli being courted to come home and as previously posted Solomon Alaimalo in a code switch.

We are always in the mix for these sirt of things and as in our chasing of Munster we usually come a gutser.

Tigerm

First Grade

Wests Tigers are in the mix to sign English superstar Jack Welsby .
Benji still reportedly pushing for a player swap, with Tigers backrower Shawn Blore and Justin Olam.
Moses Suli being courted to come home and as previously posted Solomon Alaimalo in a code switch.

We are always in the mix for these sirt of things and as in our chasing of Munster we usually come a gutser.
Well, we will get one of these rumours right soon, surely.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
If the Pom can transition to being a gun halfback it would definitely b worth signing him.Succession planning re a sublime no.7 beyond Sezer’s tenure has got to b our no.1 priority

@Tigerm
@The Silverdale Phantom
Attention all WT forum faithfuls....
I just got off the phone to my best mate who tells things how they are and not just what you want to hear...My mate is a Kiwi and closely connected with NZ rugby (still sooking after world cup loss ha ha).
For his privacy I'm not going to say who he is.
I asked him has he heard of the rugby player Solomon Alaimalo, his reply was "great player who is a complete footballer"
He said about everything that is in the video, which I found after the phone call, so it confirms my mates assessment.
Things that stood out for me were:
Good pace,
Awareness,
Doesn't give up on an attacking raids but finds a way to keep them going,
Good change-up.
Being a rah rah, if we can lure Michael Cheika across it would not only help with snaring Solomon but also help with his transition. Then of course you have Benji who has played rugby and probably still has connections and can coach him in the NRL.
I'm also reading that we are going hard for Olam and Best.
You throw these 3 in with Bula and To'a then suddenly things look a lot better.

Sorry that parts of these clips have highlights repeated.

Awesome Post, much appreciated.

His best opportunity of making an impact in the game is with us.

There’s no pressure and competition with other players is less onerous.

Once he settles in, sky is the limit, even with another club.

If he’s thinking he’s the next Cleary, we have some bad news for him.

But we are the best choice for any refugee from onion wanting to have a go.

Last edited:
The soul of the footy player is competitive.

They simply dont want 3 years in reggies.

That’s why a lot of good fringies move around… to play first grade.

All this stuff about club honour and matey mate, it happens, but it’s not as frequent as people think.

Nutz

Bench
Jack is another fullback, I can’t see him coming here to play reserve grade?
For some reason I'm more excited with the prospect of signing Solomon Alaimalo as he's played in all positions and there's no transfer fee as would be the case with Jack.
I would be rapt though if we could snare any of those names being thrown around.
Even Suli has merit if he can pull his finger out and have a good crack...ha ha that's a joke and I didn't know it...finger out, good crack..get it.
ha ha, I crack myself up... Stop it now, not funny anymore.

AF5F5513-ABC1-490F-8ED2-7263D18543AD.jpeg
They should pay us.

Don’t forget, the board members get a hefty stipend, free everything and rolls Royce membership.

We actually pay these people to destroy everything.

They should stop spitting on us from their board members seating. Ivan was kinder.

Cretins and idiots on the gravy train.

Why we walk around with spoon choking us to death. How far can these deadheads push it down our throats before their arms get sore?

Snout.

Burn the Fedora!

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Welsby has played a mixture of 6 and 1 but his best spot and NRL spot would definitely be 6. I seriously doubt he'd leave St Helens to come to a club in our position. I would be okay with buying him but lets not break the bank for him.

Nutz

Bench
Welsby has played a mixture of 6 and 1 but his best spot and NRL spot would definitely be 6. I seriously doubt he'd leave St Helens to come to a club in our position. I would be okay with buying him but lets not break the bank for him.
I've said it before that we need at least 1 experienced marquee backline player, preferably a centre as I'm happy to retain Staines.
Playing overs for an untested NRL player is not an option but I would pay good dollars for an experienced centre like Manu who can guide the others.
Having said that, we still need some strike weapons.
One thing we have to be aware of and that is Bula is a rarity but don't expect him to be a savior in a crappy backline because he'll be targeted now and a lot of traffic is going to come his way.
We must have plenty of attacking options elsewhere.
Fullbacks need to pick the right moments to chime in. He can't be running all over place then be expected to to cover defend. He has a relatively small frame and needs time to develop.
Stef was courted as the next big thing for us but his form dropped, he got injured and now is on his way back to form. He needs time to develop into a marquee prop.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
For some reason I'm more excited with the prospect of signing Solomon Alaimalo as he's played in all positions and there's no transfer fee as would be the case with Jack.
I would be rapt though if we could snare any of those names being thrown around.
Even Suli has merit if he can pull his finger out and have a good crack...ha ha that's a joke and I didn't know it...finger out, good crack..get it.
ha ha, I crack myself up... Stop it now, not funny anymore.
Like you I don't know how I would survive if I didn't have such an incredible sens of of humor.

Also like you I am more keen on Alaimalo. With him and Best we could give top 12 a REAL GOOD CRACK !

Nutz

Bench
Now I'm reading that WT and the dogs are preparing to tabel an offer well over $1mil per season for Jarome Luai. Surely this is just managers/journos clickbait.
Panthers limit is 850k per season.
150k+ is a big jump but I guess that's what's needed to get him.
Does that mean AD is not in our plans anymore?
WT seem to be holding off on Staines until they get an answer on the other players we've talked about.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Now I'm reading that WT and the dogs are preparing to tabel an offer well over $1mil per season for Jarome Luai. Surely this is just managers/journos clickbait.
Panthers limit is 850k per season.
150k+ is a big jump but I guess that's what's needed to get him.
Does that mean AD is not in our plans anymore?
WT seem to be holding off on Staines until they get an answer on the other players we've talked about.
We might be interested in Luai but zero chance of signing him.
Likewise I don't hold up much chance for Best or Welsby.
I am more interested in Alaimalo because I think we at least have a chance of signing him.
I'm not giving any thought to established, quality, name NRL players because more than likely I will be disappointment.

Nutz

Bench
We might be interested in Luai but zero chance of signing him.
Likewise I don't hold up much chance for Best or Welsby.
I am more interested in Alaimalo because I think we at least have a chance of signing him.
I'm not giving any thought to established, quality, name NRL players because more than likely I will be disappointment.
Spot on Ned.

Latest posts