What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

I’ve look at the botched try many times, and our beloved Corey, he was not quite where he should have been.

Herbert is about 95% at the fault but Corey should pick up the remaining 5%.

And Corey was very kind about Herbert afterwards because Corey is a champion bloke.

It was a good tigers play tbh.

There was only a small chance of fluffing it and somehow they found a way.

Herbert is still young and driven. He’s not in Olams class, but cheap and cheerful.

Last edited:
If I was Benji I’d probably be moving heaven and earth to secure another Marquee or two before next season.

This is the junction where politics meets reality.

I don’t think the review can afford to be very supportive about his appointment on the matey because due process was completely abandoned.

This was a big problem with the second coming. Tim surrounded himself with mates who were hopeless.

Then so far Benjis training is from Tim who is persona non grata and had a truly dreadful year at the helm.

Somewhat aggravated because he had months or years to build up the first grade team. How much time did he need?

What about his 3 rounds to improve at the start of the season turning into 3 or 4 years, by round 12 I think it was. I was throwing up at that juncture.

A disguised admission of total failure.

So this connection, I think that’s going to count against Benji from day one.

I recall the very public statements of affection between Tim and Benji. Very romantic, full of respect and honour.

The trouble was, the team and the club were collapsing all around them.

And Benjis own period in command in the final weeks this season was tepid at best.

Benji has learnt how not to coach.

His stand off with Fulton was tense and very destructive and I think Fulton won that skirmish except for the Sezer fracas.

So from the Benji perspective, he would be desperate for any early talent to give him every chance to prove he can actually coach.

We don’t have too many players who are not disposable in the quest for marquee. I think we may need to make some tough decisions. No one should feel too safe with the spoon tattooed on their butts.

If Benji had been appointed on merit, he could play the longer recruiting game as Fulton wants. If he fails, Benji can hardly rely on inheriting muck because he was up to his neck in it.

He can’t wait for the decade or two it may take for pathways to supply our backline.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
If I was Benji I’d probably be moving heaven and earth to secure another Marquee or two before next season.

This is the junction where politics meets reality.

I don’t think the review can afford to be very supportive about his appointment on the matey because due process was completely abandoned.

This was a big problem with the second coming. Tim surrounded himself with mates who were hopeless.

Then so far Benjis training is from Tim who is persona non grata and had a truly dreadful year at the helm.

Somewhat aggravated because he had months or years to build up the first grade team. How much time did he need?

What about his 3 rounds to improve at the start of the season turning into 3 or 4 years, by round 12 I think it was. I was throwing up at that juncture.

A disguised admission of total failure.

So this connection, I think that’s going to count against Benji from day one.

I recall the very public statements of affection between Tim and Benji. Very romantic, full of respect and honour.

The trouble was, the team and the club were collapsing all around them.

And Benjis own period in command in the final weeks this season was tepid at best.

Benji has learnt how not to coach.

His stand off with Fulton was tense and very destructive and I think Fulton won that skirmish except for the Sezer fracas.

So from the Benji perspective, he would be desperate for any early talent to give him every chance to prove he can actually coach.

We don’t have too many players who are not disposable in the quest for marquee. I think we may need to make some tough decisions. No one should feel too safe with the spoon tattooed on their butts.

If Benji had been appointed on merit, he could play the longer recruiting game as Fulton wants. Benji can hardly rely on inheriting muck because he was up to his neck in it.

He can’t wait for the decade or two it may take for pathways to supply our backline.
TSP, if we keep losing, the board will support Benji 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

So far Benji has learnt how not to coach.

And no doubt he’s learnt to spin and bullshit his way through everything.

He has to de-program himself and start again. He should get help with this.

It won’t be easy.

Marquees make coaching easier.

Where have you been hiding tonight TSP? Drangons? Where's ol TM?
No footy :{
I'm resigned to watching Qatar Masters Golf.

I’m just on the way home from work at the red rooster thing.

I visit the dragons, eels and Smuggies.

I like the sharks, especially @Frenzy who I’ve been arguing with lately, but that’s how it goes sometimes.

Tigerm

First Grade

This has been reported before, so not sure how old the info is?
All I know is, the guy is a doer and doesn’t take prisoners.

Fox reporting it as well now?

Fox reporting it as well now?

Why does it take two spoons to give us a bloody chance?!

If we get checks, we can demote Benji to assistant and he can finish his apprenticeship properly.

A lot of strong minded folk are coming to the club, very good.

The best thing for the newcomers is that the standard is so impossibly low, a handful of wins is enough to claim significant and meaningful progress.

Very convenient too that this should happen in the middle of this bitter civil war that has already claimed casualties.

Someone has decided to grab the steering wheel.

In theory with the review underway, we should have a caretaker board at the moment. But obviously there’s uber panic in the loyalists ranks.

Cheques out for Checks so Lee and Justin can bullshit on about “good things ahead” and all that nonsense.

Hopefully Benji is sitting under him in the regime.

Checks can keep an eye on him and “do the business” if required.

Someone like Benji, you’d sack him via text or game console.

We were incredibly stupid giving him 5 years when no one else wanted him, not even for 1 game. We are so ‘ken average.

He’s got to carry the grubby smear of Tim and the fruitcake failed loyalists for the rest of his time.

He should turn publicly I think. Start making inferences about the bad times under Tim, Lee and co. Save himself while he can. 4 games Benji, indefensible. But he won’t turn because he’s simply not smart enough.

Rubbish on about how great 4 games is and a reference back to his flick pass.

Last edited:
We look at the smug and Cleary steps and slices through 4 tackles to score the winning try in the most pressured footy environment known to humankind.

That was one of the best try’s ever scored in the history of the game.

Eyes up footy and supreme silky evasion skills. He’s doing so with a season ending injury he’s been carrying for weeks.

And afterwards, all he wants to talk about is the courage of Brisbane and compliment his others players.

Well Benji can learn from this. Instead of the rabbiting on for 20 years about his flick pass. That meet the boss episode, his kiss interview.

He continually slips in a comment about his greatness and how ok he is.

Now it only took two grand finals for Penrith to find some class, but they got there.

Benji had better find some humility because he’s going to need some of it for the games we are going to lose.

Hopefully, not too regularly.

Shout out to my forum friend,@Aliceinwonderland. Hopefully she will agree.

Last edited:

A NZ rugby player? They have never normally faired well in RL.

Benjis chancing his arm, to be expected for the reasons suggested earlier.

But I was also reading that 4 clubs were after him, so that’s usually a good sign.

He’s 27, 100 games in the union.

It all depends on his price. He’s factory until he proves he can cut our game.

He’s going to need many months to adjust. I mean he will need 1 to 2 years to get close up with the game normally, but he’s a player in a rush joining a club in an even bigger rush!

But 27 in Union, it’s like being 25 in league in terms of the physical brutality and harshness as a general rule.

And 27 is about peak male physical strength normally, so he’s got that happening.

Its a bit out of the box, but we are spooning, so I support the further enquiries.

I’m not sure how our effected fringies would see him other than being a massive threat as he must be playing first grade next year at some stage. And as a Benji special project, that could be earlier than round 12. He will need to play a bit underdone.

He’s not a development player, he’s probably considered to be a would be sub marquee or factory plus.

If it was just us looking at him, I would bin the whole interest.

His best chance at developing and getting opportunities in the game is with us. He doesn’t want to be a reserve player for 5 years and then retire.

If Benji wants him, tell him everything he wants to hear. We can work out the final details later. That’s my general recruitment policy. If it flares up later there’s been a “ misunderstanding”.

Stitch them up with a sign-on payment. Lock and load.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
@Tigerm
@The Silverdale Phantom
Attention all WT forum faithfuls....
I just got off the phone to my best mate who tells things how they are and not just what you want to hear...My mate is a Kiwi and closely connected with NZ rugby (still sooking after world cup loss ha ha).
For his privacy I'm not going to say who he is.
I asked him has he heard of the rugby player Solomon Alaimalo, his reply was "great player who is a complete footballer"
He said about everything that is in the video, which I found after the phone call, so it confirms my mates assessment.
Things that stood out for me were:
Good pace,
Awareness,
Doesn't give up on an attacking raids but finds a way to keep them going,
Good change-up.
Being a rah rah, if we can lure Michael Cheika across it would not only help with snaring Solomon but also help with his transition. Then of course you have Benji who has played rugby and probably still has connections and can coach him in the NRL.
I'm also reading that we are going hard for Olam and Best.
You throw these 3 in with Bula and To'a then suddenly things look a lot better.

Sorry that parts of these clips have highlights repeated.

Last edited: