What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Wizardman

First Grade
In regard to Ronnie, people need to get real here.

In case you guys went on holiday to Puerto Rico over the last two years, out club has won the spoon TWICE IN TWO YEARS!

In no way am I blaming all our failures on Ronnie....but I would think EVERY job position at a club that gets the spoon twice in two years would be up for some sort of scrutiny. I think a club like ours would absolutely benefit from a new approach to the way we do things. A poster earlier in this thread nailed it......if Ronnie still has something to offer at another first grade club, he'll be snapped up quickly.

I'd like the club to celebrate him in some sort of way. If he does retire, we need to be front and centre with giving hm a big send off.

Nutz

Bench
In regard to Ronnie, people need to get real here.

In case you guys went on holiday to Puerto Rico over the last two years, out club has won the spoon TWICE IN TWO YEARS!

In no way am I blaming all our failures on Ronnie....but I would think EVERY job position at a club that gets the spoon twice in two years would be up for some sort of scrutiny. I think a club like ours would absolutely benefit from a new approach to the way we do things. A poster earlier in this thread nailed it......if Ronnie still has something to offer at another first grade club, he'll be snapped up quickly.

I'd like the club to celebrate him in some sort of way. If he does retire, we need to be front and centre with giving hm a big send off.
So you actually agree with us then. We've said, bar one, that his tenure had to come to an end and we upgrade.
It's also already been stated that we want to see a farewell for Ronnie and are waiting for the club's response.

TroyJax

Juniors

simmo05

Bench
I'm pretty much the same age as Ronnie Palmer and I think it's a good age to let go of a job like this.
Maybe the decision was made as part of the internal review talking with players and coaching staff not bagging him but realizing perhaps it was time to try something different. Maybe someone younger with modern techniques

If I am wrong I am sure he will be snapped up by one of the other 16 clubs.
I'd say his used by date was when the roosters punted him

Tigerm

First Grade

Aces up Tigers’ sleeve as NRL strugglers weigh up monster Jarome Luai bid​

Interesting, it was well documented that the team struggled to understand API's game, this bloke would know it pretty well?

Giving us a spine of Bula, Luai, Sezer & Api? Not too shabby.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Fk me I hope we get Luai. Sezer is a great solution for 2024 but I doubt he would be in our plans as starting halback for 2025 onwards. On top of this, the Olam rumours are getting louder. If we can get him for next year, then Luai and a big scary front rower for 2025 then f**k me we are looking good fellas

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT on X:
Benji Marshall has flown to Melbourne to meet with Storm centre Justin Olam. It is believed Shawn Blore has his heart set on a move to Melbourne, and the Storm are looking to add a middle forward (Telegraph)

Great to see Tuki Simpkins completing preseason on a Train & Trial with the Dolphins.

He has signed with the Norths Devils for 2024.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
View attachment 81898
Kit Laulilii 🇼🇸• Latu Fainu 🇹🇴• Fonua Pole 🇹🇴• Solo Saukuru 🇫🇯

Hopefully these guys will help take us to the promised land?
There really is a need for genuine speed in the modern game. The defense is so structured these days it's hard to break the line....instead you go around it with speed. Ala Walsh and many others in teams that have these guys.
Latu has some toe for a ½. Him and Luai would go all right IMO as they jink and change up which unorganises the D.
From this point on our main goal is to get some speedsters in the backs.
Until this happens, I wouldn't let go of Charlie Staines.

Tigerm

First Grade
There really is a need for genuine speed in the modern game. The defense is so structured these days it's hard to break the line....instead you go around it with speed. Ala Walsh and many others in teams that have these guys.
Latu has some toe for a ½. Him and Luai would go all right IMO as they jink and change up which unorganises the D.
From this point on our main goal is to get some speedsters in the backs.
Until this happens, I wouldn't let go of Charlie Staines.
Certainly agree, but it will take time and small steps to get there, our record is not really what good players look at as being a destination club.

But hopefully that will change and signings like Luai or any top tier player (if it happened) would go towards changing it.

And, while they are here, of course they are helping our future home grown players, hopefully develop into the next generation of stars?

Nutz

Bench
If we were to sign Luia or another marquee player then started to win a few games then we certainly would attract further, better players.

Tigerm

First Grade
If we were to sign Luia or another marquee player then started to win a few games then we certainly would attract further, better players.
Yep, there will be some who won’t agree with this, but imo, we have everything else set up to become one of the big powers in the NRL.

It’s all up to Benji, no pressure. Hahaha

Nutz

Bench
Yep, there will be some who won’t agree with this, but imo, we have everything else set up to become one of the big powers in the NRL.

It’s all up to Benji, no pressure. Hahaha
Yep, we are just scarred but if Benji can get some results then everything will fall into place....fingers crossed.
Doctor calling, see you guys this arvo.

WA Tiger

Bench
We don’t need Luai with the halves at our disposal and Benji wouldn’t be dumb enough to waste a million on him, when it’s better spent elsewhere in the backs ..(completely separate from me not liking his character)

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

Wests Tigers has today announced the appointment of Matthew Betsey as Interim Head of Football, as the 2024 NRL squad continues to assemble for pre-season training.

Is it obvious that Robbie isn’t getting the gig?

WA Tiger

Bench
We don’t need Luai with the halves at our disposal and Benji wouldn’t be dumb enough to waste a million on him when it’s better spent elsewhere in the backs ..(completely separate from me not liking his character)
He’s hit and hope anyway..I can just hear everyone crying about him running across the field all the time

Latest posts