What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
FFS now our forum is going to be flooded by Panther r&t*rds
Hahaha
The daily telegraph:
Wests Tigers approve $4m Jarome Luai deal following revelations the Panthers star wants out of Penrith

Hope they haven’t miss reported this one.

Tigerm

First Grade
Hahaha
The daily telegraph:
Wests Tigers approve $4m Jarome Luai deal following revelations the Panthers star wants out of Penrith

Don’t want to be pushy, but get him for next season, would be good.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Approv
Hahaha
The daily telegraph:

Approving a $4m deal does not mean he is going to sign.

Of course he wants out. Four Grand Finals, Three Premierships. Why would anyone want to stay? Must be so boring.

When did Moses make his decision? Was it March ? I'm predicting this will go about the same length of time.

Tigerm

First Grade
I'm guessing the emoji means the Tiger are interested in him.

Sensational Fox journalism.
Benji has always said, he was interested in signing him, my reference was to the journalist saying we signed him, due to the emoji, though it’s not over the line yet, I don’t think.

Tigerm

First Grade
Benji has always said, he was interested in signing him, my reference was to the journalist saying we signed him, due to the emoji, though it’s not over the line yet, I don’t think.
In fact, if I’ve read it correctly, Penrith have 2 weeks after he’s signed (with whoever) to renegotiate, with him, before it’s final?

Vic Mackey

Referee
When did Moses make his decision? Was it March ? I'm predicting this will go about the same length of time.

I think a bit different. Moses was a primma donna who never really wanted to leave Parra but was milking them for every cent. Luai seems to genuinely want to branch out and leave his own legacy.

Nutz

Bench
Would that be $1mil over four years or $1.3mil over 3?
Either way it's not showing much faith in Bud or Latu.....and Sezer if the agreement is that Luai plays ½.
It is for 2025 unless an agreement is made somehow with the cats.
If Luai was to play ½ in 2025 the likely scenario is Luai ½ and Bud ⅝ but if all players are firing where does Latu play. Both Latu and bud are too small for centres imo.
We could end up with the smallest backline in NRL history especially with Charlie on the wing ha ha.

Nutz

Bench
I think a bit different. Moses was a primma donna who never really wanted to leave Parra but was milking them for every cent. Luai seems to genuinely want to branch out and leave his own legacy.
If Luai hasn't signed yet Vic he could be doing the same to the Panthers.
However if there is a 10 day cooling off period in effect then only Penrith can up the ante, failing that we should hear one way or another next week or at the latest the following. Obviously if we don't hear by then he didn't sign in the first place unless there are contract conditions at play, ie medical with that shoulder or we sack Morris etc.
I don't think under the new rules he can renig like what DCE did.

soc123_au

Staff member
FFS now our forum is going to be flooded by Panther r&t*rds
forest-gump-wave.gif

Nutz

Bench
Now I'm reading that Luia's deal is 1.1mil over 4 years.
I don't think anyone knows...just taking pot shots.

Tigerm

First Grade
Would that be $1mil over four years or $1.3mil over 3?
Either way it's not showing much faith in Bud or Latu.....and Sezer if the agreement is that Luai plays ½.
It is for 2025 unless an agreement is made somehow with the cats.
If Luai was to play ½ in 2025 the likely scenario is Luai ½ and Bud ⅝ but if all players are firing where does Latu play. Both Latu and bud are too small for centres imo.
We could end up with the smallest backline in NRL history especially with Charlie on the wing ha ha.
I was assuming that, if he comes, he would be 6? As I don't think he would of played much 7, with Ivan Jr being there?
I believe we have an option with Sezer, if he works out, he could stay another year?
I don't see anything wrong with having a few 6 & 7's on the books, make a nice change. The club needs to win games, and you need the best you can get to make that happen.
With the way the cap is going, in 3 - 4 years, a $m won't be extraordinary imo. If we can afford it now, we should be able to afford it then, unless of course he ends up tanking?

Tigerm

First Grade
Now I'm reading that Luia's deal is 1.1mil over 4 years.
I don't think anyone knows...just taking pot shots.
That's the rumour. Cheap if it's successful?
I know we had to backend Brooks deal last year and that was (I think) $950k, but I believe he was on good coin prior anyway, so this is not much of a stretch.
But it's for '25 and I don't see the pennies doing us any favours, recalling they didn't for Laurie?

Vic Mackey

Referee
If Luai hasn't signed yet Vic he could be doing the same to the Panthers.
However if there is a 10 day cooling off period in effect then only Penrith can up the ante, failing that we should hear one way or another next week or at the latest the following. Obviously if we don't hear by then he didn't sign in the first place unless there are contract conditions at play, ie medical with that shoulder or we sack Morris etc.
I don't think under the new rules he can renig like what DCE did.

100% he could be, however I doubt the Panthers will budge much and Luai would know that. $800-$850k is a fair offer from them for him. I would be pretty surprised if he came here for only $150-$200kpa more. My guess is we'd have to be offering at least $300kpa more than Penrith.

Latest posts