What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nutz

Bench
I believe the Klemmer thing was debunked by the press actually, that it was another club (not named) spreading porkies and the WT have said that they have the cash for Luai, (Brooks money?) though nothing has been mentioned, that I'm aware of, about money for AFB?
Thinking ahead, I don't think they'll re-sign Douiehi (600k), bearing in mind, that this is all for 2025 (I believe?) so I think they will be cashed up if they want to get him?
Good investigating journalism TM, now go and show Hoops how it's done.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench

It's stating that a four-year deal worth a whopping $4.5 million is now on the table.
These guys are just quoting other journos like SMH so who know's.
If an official offer is on the tables yesterday then it has to be ratified by the NRL and Penrith have 10 days to convince Luai to stay at the foot of the mountains.
My bold claim for an announcement this Friday arvo is looking dim.
Nutz is worried.

Nutz

Bench
There are a couple of things that could be in our favour re the signing of Fonua-Blake.
It remains to be seen if the Warriors will have a say in where AFB lands or if they want compensation in the form of a player swap.
Firstly could Stefano be the swap? Don't shoot me, I'm just throwing it out there. If not Stefano maybe Blore.
Secondly, Webster was let go to greener pastures to join Panthers coaching staff and was successful....this helped him get the Warriors gig in which he got coach of the year.
He has also got WT grass roots so providing he was happy at the WT he just might help us snare him??
Thirdly, WT have been very generous and respectful to the Warriors moving home games there in the past and recently a home game to show our appreciation for the Warriors moving their games to OZ during. COVID.
If we have the dollars then the Warriors and Webster just might help us clinch the deal.

Tigerm

First Grade

It's stating that a four-year deal worth a whopping $4.5 million is now on the table.
If an official offer is on the tables yesterday then it has to be ratified by the NRL and Penrith have 10 days to convince Luai to stay at the foot of the mountains.
Nutz is worried.
Yeah, there is a bit of chatter on Twitter:
NBWT
It is understood Jarome Luai met with key Tigers powerbrokers yesterday. The Tigers tabled a four-year-deal for Luai late last week (Telegraph)

But all the club can, is table an offer, what happens now, is up to Luai? Bearing in mind, the pennies have a fortnight to respond to him?

Tigerm

First Grade

Nutz is worried.
So, you are bailing on your fearless prediction of success this Friday at 14.00 hrs, are you? Hahaha

Tigerm

First Grade

Nutz is worried.
Plus, I believe the pennies, offer to him was $850k which they said was final (probably bullshit) but it is quite a jump to suddenly go from there to $1.1m and the player wondering why you didn’t go there in the first place?

Anyway, we’ll see how it plays out?

Another thought, the doggies are looking to offer a contract as well now? But last week they said they were concentrating on AFB? Maybe the Luai offer is to increase our price to make it harder to sign both? The plot thickens lol.

Nutz

Bench
So, you are bailing on your fearless prediction of success this Friday at 14.00 hrs, are you? Hahaha
I'll stick by it. Just like.... "I'm absolutely positively certain it will happen......
I think" ha ha

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Plus, I believe the pennies, offer to him was $850k which they said was final (probably bullshit) but it is quite a jump to suddenly go from there to $1.1m and the player wondering why you didn’t go there in the first place?

Anyway, we’ll see how it plays out?

Another thought, the doggies are looking to offer a contract as well now? But last week they said they were concentrating on AFB? Maybe the Luai offer is to increase our price to make it harder to sign both? The plot thickens lol.
Further to add to my earlier post....
Fulton helped FB to go to Manly so he could be another important piece of the puzzle.
If Fulton pulled that off it would silence the doubters somewhat hey.
Then of course there is the Benji factor too.

Tigerm

First Grade
More chatter on twitter (that’s catchy) lol:

Under the NRL’s new contracting model, Penrith would get confirmation from the NRL of the Tigers interest if Luai was to give an indication that he was ready to accept a rival offer. The Panthers would then have 10 days to convince him to change his mind (Telegraph)

Don’t know if that is accurate , but it sounds correct?

Nutz

Bench
Whilst the extra cash builds up over 4 years for Luai which would be appealing to him so will the salary cap.
As you said several times TM, the top fwds are getting close to a mil now and in 2029 Luai's contract will be more of the norm for a good ½/⅝.
Panthers were smart in locking up Nathan Clearey at 1.3m till 2027.
If Nathan was at his peak and say 25yrs of age in 2029, how much money would he be on...
1.6+mil perhaps?
If Luai is successful then 1.1 over 4 years would be the buy of the decade.
If he turns out a turd then Benji would probably get the flick and if our side doesn't turn 180⁰ he probably won't get another coaching stint and will be doing podcasts or 360 gigs.

Nutz

Bench
More chatter on twitter (that’s catchy) lol:

Under the NRL’s new contracting model, Penrith would get confirmation from the NRL of the Tigers interest if Luai was to give an indication that he was ready to accept a rival offer. The Panthers would then have 10 days to convince him to change his mind (Telegraph)

Don’t know if that is accurate , but it sounds correct?
Apparently during the 10days the NRL continues to ratify (scrutinize) the contract. If its found that the cap will be in breach or someother problem then we go back to square one if that issue can't be resolved.
No other party can enter into it I believe but this is where the grey areas are.
I wish there was a simplified version of how it all plays out for numb "Nutz" like me.

Tigerm

First Grade
Whilst the extra cash builds up over 4 years for Luai which would be appealing to him so will the salary cap.
As you said several times TM, the top fwds are getting close to a mil now and in 2029 Luai's contract will be more of the norm for a good ½/⅝.
Panthers were smart in locking up Nathan Clearey at 1.3m till 2027.
If Nathan was at his peak and say 25yrs of age in 2029, how much money would he be on...
1.6+mil perhaps?
If Luai is successful then 1.1 over 4 years would be the buy of the decade.
If he turns out a turd then Benji would probably get the flick and if our side doesn't turn 180⁰ he probably won't get another coaching stint and will be doing podcasts or 360 gigs.
And, if Luai does come, I reckon they will have some incentives in the contract to help keep his mind on the job?

Tigerm

First Grade
Apparently during the 10days the NRL continues to ratify (scrutinize) the contract. If its found that the cap will be in breach or someother problem then we go back to square one if that issue can't be resolved.
No other party can enter into it I believe but this is where the grey areas are.
I wish there was a simplified version of how it all plays out for numb "Nutz" like me.
It’s more to help the existing club to not get shafted by other clubs?

Tigerm

First Grade
Sitting at home in the pouring rain with a busted hip?
Nothing to do except read the news?
The dogs signings so far for ‘24:
Stephen Crichton
Josh Curran
Poasa Faamaudili
Drew Hutchinson
Kurt Mann
Jaeman Salmon
Blake Taaffe
Connor Tracey
Jake Turpin
Bronson Xerri

Don’t know some of these players, but wonder if they have a different cap than everyone else?

Tigerm

First Grade
Any examples you could think of Tm?
Co-Captain with Api?
Uhm, get us into the finals and we will buy the Penrith area for him? hahaha

Seriously, certainly money incentives, I don’t reckon he would be on the same amount in his 4th year as he is in his 1st year.
Maybe captain when API leaves?

Tiger Ted

Bench
Further to add to my earlier post....
Fulton helped FB to go to Manly so he could be another important piece of the puzzle.
If Fulton pulled that off it would silence the doubters somewhat hey.
Then of course there is the Benji factor too.
This is a real test of Fultons persuasive & negotiation skills.As u said his history with AFB should imo entice the elite prop to Concord.

Re Luai the dogs can easily trump our best offer via the Laundy family’s squillions.The script is glaring they will snag him at the 11th hour.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yeah, he hasn’t been the success we had hoped has he? Hopefully Benji can change that.
Clint Eastwoods doppelgänger is without a job at the end of ‘24.Hed be the perfect mentor for Benjis coaching career & would ensure success is fast tracked.

Latest posts