What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Thinking about what’s happened today.
I think Luai may have already advised Penrith of his decision?
Why else would they suggest (if it’s legit) a swap deal for next year?
It’s very strange ?
though the swap money would sound like it’s probably an even deal?

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade

It's stating that a four-year deal worth a whopping $4.5 million is now on the table.
These guys are just quoting other journos like SMH so who know's.
If an official offer is on the tables yesterday then it has to be ratified by the NRL and Penrith have 10 days to convince Luai to stay at the foot of the mountains.
My bold claim for an announcement this Friday arvo is looking dim.
Nutz is worried.
More than 1.1 million dollars a year for a guy who has never run his own team fulltime. Just, let that sink in for a moment. I know we have to pay overs for that eventual playmaker....but to pay that on him???

I have nothing against the bloke personally and feel confident that he would give 100% if we signed him. But, my goodness that is a big punt.

*He is not the best general field kicker
*Injuries are slowly sneaking up on him.
*Never had HIS own team so pretty much unproven.

Im just not sure on this one. If I was Luai given this time of his career, I'd absolutely take the big pay cheque now. I doubt he'll get that kind of offer anywhere for the rest of his career.

BrotherJim05

Bench
f**k me...it is starting to feel like Luai has made a decision to sign with us. Whether this works out or not, my god it will be exciting to watch.

That being said, swapping Klemmer for Luai just to come early will kill us. We need the seasoned front rower like Klemmer, pumping out a lot of work and leading from the front. I agree we need a impact front rower like AFB, but at the expense of Klemmer is a kick in the dick. I'd rather just wait for Luai to come in 2025, try and get AFB over for 2024 and move Klemmer to Lock. The foundation our forwards would lay for our new halves would be insane.

However...if we are presented with a straight up opportunity to trade Klemmer for Luai and AFB in 2024 then how could we pass that up?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
More than 1.1 million dollars a year for a guy who has never run his own team fulltime. Just, let that sink in for a moment. I know we have to pay overs for that eventual playmaker....but to pay that on him???

I have nothing against the bloke personally and feel confident that he would give 100% if we signed him. But, my goodness that is a big punt.

Im just not sure on this one. If I was Luai given this time of his career, I'd absolutely take the big pay cheque now. I doubt he'll get that kind of offer anywhere for the rest of his career.

This swap business (I understand) is pure fantasy. As a Penrith fan I would adore him to stay, and pray and hope that he does.

That being said, the money you blokes are offering is far more than Penrith can.

I would also be wary of Dogs gazumping you too. They are making a big play for him. Jarome has been coached by Ciraldo, great mates with Critta, Kiks and Burton.

I understand this swap thing has come via Tony Adams (the mole). information has come via Isaac Moses who wants to get his two clients out of W/T. Klemmer and Galvin.

That's where the rumour originated from.

Tigerm

First Grade
This swap business (I understand) is pure fantasy. As a Penrith fan I would adore him to stay, and pray and hope that he does.

That being said, the money you blokes are offering is far more than Penrith can.

I would also be wary of Dogs gazumping you too. They are making a big play for him. Jarome has been coached by Ciraldo, great mates with Critta, Kiks and Burton.

I understand this swap thing has come via Tony Adams (the mole). information has come via Isaac Moses who wants to get his two clients out of W/T. Klemmer and Galvin.

That's where the rumour originated from.
As I said on your site yesterday, our offer is in, if the dogs want to out bid us, there is nothing we can do about that, I don't believe we will go into a bidding war, we've been burnt before?
Gould has said his priority is AFB, they have signed a shit load of players already, plus kept there top earners, so I think the dogs are a bluff as I wouldn't think they have enough cap space for both?

However, we do?

The offer may well be fake, but it is coming from a lot different sources now, and it didn't come from this club, so that's why we are talking about it? I do think it's strange that Penrith are willing to throw Luai out early, when they held firm for Laurie?

The player manger can think, what he likes, Klem is under contract for 2 more years with an option & Galvin has recently signed for 3 years and again, unless we want it to happen, I don't think it will? Klem is a key player for us. Galvin is a kid with promise.

Nutz

Bench
Another day in paradise.
It looks like Penrith fans are getting unsettled.
They were beaten by the wooden spooners this year and now they're getting agitated that we're stealing one of their playmakers....poor cats, meow.
For us, we can only go upwards, for the Pamfers it's the other way.
I don't care how long it takes for us to succeed because I've had heaps of practice.
I'm not panicking.

Tigerm

First Grade

Benji has been a 6 all his footy life and has been quite good at it, the new brains trust are all 300 gamers, so I will put my faith in them, that they know what they are doing and have a plan that will work for us?

If he has a weakness, then the coaches work on that or a produce a game plan that helps him and the team.

The bloke is in the top level of footy, top level halves (which IMO, has been our weakness) are not freely available, there will always be reasons why any player shouldn't be signed, but all I know is, if we do nothing, then nothing will change.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Another day in paradise.
It looks like Penrith fans are getting unsettled.
They were beaten by the wooden spooners this year and now they're getting agitated that we're stealing one of their playmakers....poor cats, meow.
For us, we can only go upwards, for the Pamfers it's the other way.
I don't care how long it takes for us to succeed because I've had heaps of practice.
I'm not panicking.
Agree, we can't go any lower, and it will change eventually, just want to be still above ground when it happens. hahaha

Nutz

Bench
As I said on your site yesterday, our offer is in, if the dogs want to out bid us, there is nothing we can do about that, I don't believe we will go into a bidding war, we've been burnt before?
Gould has said his priority is AFB, they have signed a shit load of players already, plus kept there top earners, so I think the dogs are a bluff as I wouldn't think they have enough cap space for both?

However, we do?

The offer may well be fake, but it is coming from a lot different sources now, and it didn't come from this club, so that's why we are talking about it? I do think it's strange that Penrith are willing to throw Luai out early, when they held firm for Laurie?

The player manger can think, what he likes, Klem is under contract for 2 more years with an option & Galvin has recently signed for 3 years and again, unless we want it to happen, I don't think it will? Klem is a key player for us. Galvin is a kid with promise.
"Que Sera, Sera"
Whatever will be will be, the future is ours to see.
All we can do is put faith in Benji and Fulton because it's too complicated for us to deal with.
We are wooden spooners x 2 so something radical had to happen. I'm goin with the flow.

Tigerm

First Grade
"Que Sera, Sera"
Whatever will be will be, the future is ours to see.
All we can do is put faith in Benji and Fulton because it's too complicated for us to deal with.
We are wooden spooners x 2 so something radical had to happen. I'm goin with the flow.
I said earlier, while the season hasn't really begun yet, I am impressed by what Benji is saying and doing?
The prick has got me believing again, that this could be the start of the march?

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
From SEN radio:
Brandy on reports that the Panthers are prepared to release Jarome Luai immediately in a Tigers player swap deal: "It's completely made up, it's a made up story." #NRL

Tigerm

First Grade

He sounds a cocky young bloke, I like it.
I didn’t realise just how big a draw card Benji is turning out to be? Not everyone will come, but they don’t seem to ignore him either?

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
From SEN radio:
Brandy on reports that the Panthers are prepared to release Jarome Luai immediately in a Tigers player swap deal: "It's completely made up, it's a made up story." #NRL
Yeh, it really didn't make sense from either party.
We are short on props so releasing Klem is puzzling unless of course AFB was on his way :)
There's a lot of clickbait happening and it will get worse.
The journos are lining up for a scoop and often just repeat what other journos have written with a twist. They must be hungry.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Just to add to it all?

The Blore -Olam swap has gone quiet?

Apparently the two clubs haven't been able to come to terms. The rumour is we wanted the Storm to cover a percentage of Olam's salary, they didn't want to. So the talks have stalled. Again who knows exactly as it's rumours, but would make sense .

WA Tiger

Bench
Olams the guy we need and should be spending money on …The halfback Galvin only from the talk I’m thinking we’d be silly to include him in a swap deal. Who knows how good he could be - if he’s top shelf that’d be a typical west tigers tale that would be unbearable... But ofcourse all the eggs are in the Luai and preferable for ‘24 basket..
I’d take the risk of saving the $1.1m and seeing how things pan out for 24 with the halves we have who all appear to be above average players and save the $$ for Fanua Blake and keep Klemmer, a centre a wing and whatever other golden opps that turn up and they will. Once that $1.15 m is spent there’s no going back. There’s a good chance we’ll be stuck with a surplus of good halves and another brooks type albatross to carry for years into the future, with the same weaknesses in the backs that we can’t afford to plug even if a top centre etc becomes available

Last edited:

Latest posts