What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
This is a real test of Fultons persuasive & negotiation skills.As u said his history with AFB should imo entice the elite prop to Concord.

Re Luai the dogs can easily trump our best offer via the Laundy family’s squillions.The script is glaring they will snag him at the 11th hour.
I live in hope, that panther connections, plus Benji, and his desire to be the chief playmaker, will be enough.

As long as we all abide by the salary cap?

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT Twitter:
Jarome Luai met with Phil Gould and Cameron Ciraldo today, as the Bulldogs ramp up their interest. Clubs involved understand Luai is close to deciding his future. (Telegraph)

Tigerm

First Grade
Twitter chatter:
Penrith are wanting a swap deal with Luai for Galvin & Klemmer?
Source: the mole
Thoughts?

Tigerm

First Grade
Twitter chatter:
Penrith are wanting a swap deal with Luai for Galvin & Klemmer?
Source: the mole
Thoughts?
I am assuming this is for ‘24 only? As Luai probably won’t be there after next season?
Galvin would get some good experience but I think Klemmer is a bridge too far.
If we get Luai, we get him in ‘25 anyway.
This is only paper talk at this time.

Black Panther

Juniors
I am assuming this is for ‘24 only? As Luai probably won’t be there after next season?
Hope that is wrong. We already have the 2 best Props in the game, plus we probably don’t need an up and coming half. Tigers are getting desperate for a gun signing, so who knows.

Tigerm

First Grade
Hope that is wrong. We already have the 2 best Props in the game, plus we probably don’t need an up and coming half. Tigers are getting desperate for a gun signing, so who knows.
Apparently it’s Penrith who have asked for it?
Got no idea if it’s true, but the Mole doesn’t normally make shit up either, so it’s interesting?

Klem would be our worry imo, Galvin would get great exposure with your mob.

I don’t know how you guys are situated for depth though?

Not 100% sure we are desperate, don’t think we will compete with you in the GF. I think we all understand it’s going to be a long grind back. Gotta get off the bottom first.

I certainly would like Luai here, but we may get him in ‘25 anyway, so if it’s only for the season, maybe better to wait?
Who knows, we might end up with AFB and will be looking to off load a forward?

Apparently it’s Penrith who have asked for it?
Got no idea if it’s true, but the Mole doesn’t normally make shit up either, so it’s interesting?

Klem would be our worry imo, Galvin would get great exposure with your mob.

I don’t know how you guys are situated for depth though?

Not 100% sure we are desperate, don’t think we will compete with you in the GF. I think we all understand it’s going to be a long grind back. Gotta get off the bottom first.

I certainly would like Luai here, but we may get him in ‘25 anyway, so if it’s only for the season, maybe better to wait?
Who knows, we might end up with AFB and will be looking to off load a forward?

Here's a link to the Mole's article -

Vic Mackey

Referee
I dont know, Klem was great for us this year however our middle is fairly strong as it is. Galvin is a brilliant 18 year old, yet so was Luke Brooks. Im interested to know the clubs plans with him. If they want to convert him to a back rower then Id probably be ok with letting him go. If they want to keep him a half and we get Luai, is he a better half then Fainu? Or even Large (admittedly 2 years younger then him). We need to keep in mind the guy hasnt even played a game of Flegg yet. The other thing to consider is if we sign Luai for 2025, we're getting him then anyway, so why not just wait a year? I do however think we're a shot at the 8 in 24 if we manage to somehow get him.

Tigerm

First Grade
I dont know, Klem was great for us this year however our middle is fairly strong as it is. Galvin is a brilliant 18 year old, yet so was Luke Brooks. Im interested to know the clubs plans with him. If they want to convert him to a back rower then Id probably be ok with letting him go. If they want to keep him a half and we get Luai, is he a better half than Fainu? Or even Large (admittedly 2 years younger than him). We need to keep in mind the guy hasnt even played a game of Flegg yet. The other thing to consider is if we sign Luai for 2025, we're getting him then anyway, so why not just wait a year? I do however think we're a shot at the 8 in 24 if we manage to somehow get him.
Agree, I’d love to get Luai, but to lose Klem next season, is a deal breaker for me, Galvin could only benefit going to Penrith, haven’t we swapped Blore out already.
But then to fall over with no forwards next year, would be a
Disaster.
Get AFB here as well, different story?

2024 props: from current list on WT site. No Klemmer.
Seyfarth
Twal
Stefano
Fainu
Fainu
Miller

Are the last 3 ready for NRL grind?

the Mole doesn’t normally make shit up

you-sure-about-that-i-think-you-should-leave-with-tim-robinson.gif

Nutz

Bench
It sounds like the conversation went like this...
"If you want Luai for next year who can we have?
If I was in the Panthers shoes I'd be asking for Stefano not Klem purely on the use by date.

Nutz

Bench
Like sand through the hour glass, these are the days of Wests Tigers lives.
It wouldn't be the club I've stuck with since the late 60's if there wasn't some sort of drama.
If we went through a full season squeeky clean I'd be wondering if I had actually passed away.