What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Black Panther

Juniors
Another day in paradise.
It looks like Penrith fans are getting unsettled.
They were beaten by the wooden spooners this year and now they're getting agitated that we're stealing one of their playmakers....poor cats, meow.
For us, we can only go upwards, for the Pamfers it's the other way.
I don't care how long it takes for us to succeed because I've had heaps of practice.
I'm not panicking.
Yeah I am pretty unsettled winning 3 in a row. As for Luai, I hope he strangles as much money out of the cellar dwellers as he can. An NRL career can end in a second.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Another day in paradise.
It looks like Penrith fans are getting unsettled.
They were beaten by the wooden spooners this year and now they're getting agitated that we're stealing one of their playmakers....poor cats, meow.
For us, we can only go upwards, for the Pamfers it's the other way.
I don't care how long it takes for us to succeed because I've had heaps of practice.
I'm not panicking.

Penrith fans sure seem to be thinking and talking a lot about a guy that they apparently arent too worried about leaving

Vic Mackey

Referee
More than 1.1 million dollars a year for a guy who has never run his own team fulltime. Just, let that sink in for a moment. I know we have to pay overs for that eventual playmaker....but to pay that on him???

I have nothing against the bloke personally and feel confident that he would give 100% if we signed him. But, my goodness that is a big punt.

*He is not the best general field kicker
*Injuries are slowly sneaking up on him.
*Never had HIS own team so pretty much unproven.

Im just not sure on this one. If I was Luai given this time of his career, I'd absolutely take the big pay cheque now. I doubt he'll get that kind of offer anywhere for the rest of his career.
Of course its a risk, however any big money signing is. If you asked anyone has DCE been good value for Manly since he signed his mammoth 10 year deal I bet most would say yes. What if I told you hes only played 3 finals series in 9 years since then? What if I told you Aiden Sezer, despite not playing in the NRL for the past 4 years, has won more finals games then him in that time? Believe it or not both are true.

We have to seriously entertain ANY marquee player that would even think about coming here, and for whatever reason Luai does seem to be seriously considering it.

WA Tiger

Bench
Of course its a risk, however any big money signing is. If you asked anyone has DCE been good value for Manly since he signed his mammoth 10 year deal I bet most would say yes. What if I told you hes only played 3 finals series in 9 years since then? What if I told you Aiden Sezer, despite not playing in the NRL for the past 4 years, has won more finals games then him in that time? Believe it or not both are true.

We have to seriously entertain ANY marquee player that would even think about coming here, and for whatever reason Luai does seem to be seriously considering it.
A proven marquee player at club and definately soo level would be a minimum for a $1m plus contract.. Luai ticks neither box. The club box is a maybe tick only. And he was only persisted with for soo because of his apparent intimidation factor earlier on. That turned out to be a miscalculation. One of many by Fitler and co

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
A proven marquee player at club and definately soo level would be a minimum for a $1m plus contract.. Luai ticks neither box. The club box is a maybe tick only. And he was only persisted with for soo because of his apparent intimidation factor earlier on. That turned out to be a miscalculation. One of many by Fitler and co
And Please don’t include Luai and DCE in the same conversation.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Penrith fans sure seem to be thinking and talking a lot about a guy that they apparently arent too worried about leaving

As a Penrith fan, I adore Luai, as most Penrith fans do.

Over the years we have 'lost' numerous players to the 'great god the salary cap'.

Yet we keep on winning.

That's because we are a development club, we bring through juniors, take on board those who are looking for a chance to prove themselves.

I can only speak for myself I will be devestated if or when Jarome leaves, like I was when the others left,

Can Penrith continue to win without jaroome. I believe we can (with some adjustments) like we have done before.

Am I unsettled.....No. Because 3 premiership rings in a row, with a chance of more kinda calms that type of thing down.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Ok, if a 3 time premiership winning, State of Origin winning, World Cup Final, 26 year old 5/8 isnt a marquee signing, who is?

Nutz

Bench
Great post.
Clearey is on 1.3 a year I think he's prob the best ½ in the world. What would the Pamfers do if they had no halves and Luai was the next in line.
If Luai demanded 1.1m they would pay it I'm sure.
Nathan isn't injured so they have the luxury to build around him....we don't.....So the WT knockers can all go and kiss off.

Nutz

Bench
Yeah I am pretty unsettled winning 3 in a row. As for Luai, I hope he strangles as much money out of the cellar dwellers as he can. An NRL career can end in a second.
Go and gloat on your pamfers forum, or are they not talking to you. I'm not interested in the slightest of what spew your sprukin.

WA Tiger

Bench
Ok, if a 3 time premiership winning, State of Origin winning, World Cup Final, 26 year old 5/8 isnt a marquee signing, who is?
1/ Just the 2021 soo win for Luai. One out of three not overwhelming proof of his mil$ value.....also Mitchell was playing and running hot for that series.
2/prob the same number of premierships with Cogga playing. The 23 gf was won by Cleary with Luai sitting on the sideline.
3/ Samoa got thrashed in World Cup final

Not enough for $1.15 mill

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Great post.
Clearey is on 1.3 a year I think he's prob the best ½ in the world. What would the Pamfers do if they had no halves and Luai was the next in line.
Nathan isn't injured so they have the luxury to build around him....we don't.....So the WT knockers can all go and kiss off.
Better than kissing up.. It wasn’t that great a post

Kilkenny

Coach
That’s not quite true Vic.

Most fans want him to stay, but I think it’s just about the money and length of the deal mate.

He may we’ll be worth $1m of more to you guys but we can’t afford that and at the same time his market value to us is in line with the $850k we have offered him.

Ive said it before, long term deals are a risk at the best of times, the money you guys are apparently prepared to pay Jerome is overs. It really is. Four years wow.

If you secure his signature I hope it works out well and hope he delivers for you. Despite the media rubbish he is actually a terrific human being and a really good player.

I hope it is finalised soon. One way or the other.

Kilkenny

Coach
Machines don't run for ever, enjoy while it's here.
Mate, you spent a little bit of time on our forum over this issue, sadly it probably didn't receive the respect it warranted which is a shame. The more discussion and debate the better for forums such as these.

Interesting times ahead.

WA Tiger

Bench
Great post.
To see this figure $1m plus as the figure Penrith would pay Luai first posted then liked by usually rock solid posters I think shows where we are at regards creative licence on this topic

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
1/ Just the 2021 soo win for Luai. One out of three not overwhelming proof of his mil$ value.....also Mitchell was playing and running hot for that series.
2/prob the same number of premierships with Cogga playing. The 23 gf was won by Cleary with Luai sitting on the sideline.
3/ Samoa got thrashed in World Cup final

Not enough for $1.15 mill

who should we sign instead then?