What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
I think Luai and Sullivan could make a good halves pairing. We could then have Fainu and Sezer playing reserves, with this Galvin kid I only just heard about developing in lower grades.

Injuries happen. State of Origin happens. Form drops happen. Having depth in our spine is crucial.

Sezer is a stop gap solution. Sullivan and Fainu are still unproven at first grade. We need a player like Luai.

Tigerm

First Grade

CIRALDO’S HUGE SELECTION PUZZLE

THE Bulldogs recruitment drive will mean coach Cameron Ciraldo has some major decisions to make next year as Canterbury-Bankstown try and scrap their way off the bottom of the NRL ladder.

Five-eighth Matt Burton, who re-signed on a $3m deal, has stipulated he wants to remain in the Bulldogs no.6 jumper but with the additions of Blake Taaffe, Drew Hutchison, Connor Treacy and Stephen Crichton there’s some big calls to be made in terms of how the Canterbury-Bankstown backline takes shape.

Who plays halfback, five-eighth and fullback all appears wide open after the Bulldogs have embarked on the biggest recruitment drive of the NRL off season.

There’s a view the Bulldogs best centre combination could be the ex-Panthers pairing of Burton and Crichton but Burton has made it clear he wants to remain at five-eighth.

The next challenge for Canterbury-Bankstown will be trying to land some middle forwards following the departures of Tevita Pangai and Luke Thompson.

I mentioned there signings earlier, seems extraordinary that they want another 6?
It's a common thought, that it usually takes time to get the players to gell with each other in a season, and they have shit loads.
Maybe they are just trying to push our price up for Luai. so we will struggle to have cash for AFB?
Sadly for them, the gossip is, we can afford both? As I don't think Doueihi's contract will be renewed?

Tigerm

First Grade
I think Luai and Sullivan could make a good halves pairing. We could then have Fainu and Sezer playing reserves, with this Galvin kid I only just heard about developing in lower grades.

Injuries happen. State of Origin happens. Form drops happen. Having depth in our spine is crucial.

Sezer is a stop gap solution. Sullivan and Fainu are still unproven at first grade. We need a player like Luai.
I think it depends, if he comes (obviously) but also, when he comes?

Sezer is only contracted for '24 and if Luai accepts our contract, I wouldn't expect him here for '24, so your option of Luai and Sullivan is the most logical for '25.

BUT,

If Luai was to come in '24, you would think Sezer would pair with Luai, certainly for the short term, unless it's not working?

Both the club and the supporters will want some much needed success.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
14.00 is the nominated time of the news release, by our fearless prediction predictor?
I'll set the alarm.
Good Morning Disney GIF

Nutz

Bench
To see this figure $1m plus as the figure Penrith would pay Luai first posted then liked by usually rock solid posters I think shows where we are at regards creative licence on this topic
WA what do you actually want to happen, taking into consideration the sponsors and fans who demand action.
Don't complain about things that are done and dusted like our new halves signing...just say what you think is best for us to get into the finals next year and beyond.

WA Tiger

Bench
who should we sign instead then?
For now I’d spend some $$ to get Olam at centre..number 1 priority.. see we can’t even afford to do that now. And we need him!!
Obviously go all out for Fanua Blake ..Then apart from that sit tight untill we start winning some games next year....then start looking for a very top class winger. The best even..The winning also will mean we can pay less for a marque player…Also bear in mind we have potentially a million $$ fullback who we’re only paying $ 6-750K for so if we need to pay that bit extra for a winger or centre we can. We can also just see how the halves pan out.I think they will be fine…remember Brooks has gone .That is so bloody massive. And replaced by players of which I’ve seen and heard only very good things about.
I can look at the list and give you some more names but not this morning. And theres always top class players becoming available throughout the year and we need to be ready for them, with money in the bank and some wins behind us. For that we need Olam now!

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
With all the tough talk from Luai I’m hoping behind that tough exterior is someone not sure that they can be that guy and be fearfull enough of the potential ridicule and fallout, that he might just bloody well stay where he is..

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I think it depends, if he comes (obviously) but also, when he comes?

Sezer is only contracted for '24 and if Luai accepts our contract, I wouldn't expect him here for '24, so your option of Luai and Sullivan is the most logical for '25.

BUT,

If Luai was to come in '24, you would think Sezer would pair with Luai, certainly for the short term, unless it's not working?

Both the club and the supporters will want some much needed success.
Sullivan will be playing and likely leading the team around the park at 7 regardless. If Luai comes he can go to 6..Benji will remember clearly how Sullivan toyed with us last year..and is why he told Sullivan that will be his role

Nutz

Bench
Sullivan will be playing and likely leading the team around the park at 7 regardless. If Luai comes he can go to 6..Benji will remember clearly how Sullivan toyed with us last year..and is why he told Sullivan that will be his role
Didn't Sullivan play ⅝ that day?