What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

f**k, Im loving the past 48 hours! We finally have a LEADER with VISION in our club. Richo is basically saying....come with me bastards, lets move forward together! Im heeding that call.

Im not sure about you lot....but I have a lot of mates that give me snarky comments every time the Tigers fail or are perceived to fail. The past 48 hours has been a mix of either (a) no kudos....just silence from the snarky comment people or (b) a couple of people I know actually feel a bit threatened from signs that we may no longer be the joke of the league.

Interesting reactions from people I know and Im bloody loving it!
I'm with you wizardman, supporters of some badly run (in the past few years) Sydney clubs can see that there's a change a coming.

Tigerm

Coach
I'm with you wizardman, supporters of some badly run (in the past few years) Sydney clubs can see that there's a change a coming.
TBH, imo the only good thing out of all this atm, is we got Shane Richardson as our CEO, he is a real footy head and we needed that badly (except he likes reschs beer ha), I believe Justin was excellent in what he did, and that was as an administrator, unfortunately it wasn’t what we needed, now.
But, worth remembering, the only thing that has changed is, we sacked the board and looks likely it will be replaced by the same people bar Lee? The new chairman is also a fan, but an ex premier, not sure what he knows about running a footy club either?
I, like all of us want success, but what’s happened in the last few days hasn’t guaranteed that, I would think the players wouldn’t give a f**k about what’s happening upstairs and Benji was quoted same similar?
It’s the footy results that do that, and we still have to hope Benji can deliver, as the current double spoon club, the success marker for us pretty low, avoid a third spoon, that’s not yet guaranteed either?

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Pulling AFB offer is an interesting one. AFB would have been awesome for us, but Richo is right, we have an excellent forward pack already. If pulling AFB gets Luai and Olam over the line then I'm all for it.
I was never in favor of it, as you say our pack isn’t the problem. Luai would still be a brilliant get, however it seems like the dogs may have blown us out of the water. Ciraldo is proving to be just as big a snake as Gould, having the hide to say he won’t poach Penrith players 🙄

Tigerm

Coach
I was never in favor of it, as you say our pack isn’t the problem. Luai would still be a brilliant get, however it seems like the dogs may have blown us out of the water. Ciraldo is proving to be just as big a snake as Gould, having the hide to say he won’t poach Penrith players 🙄
If the reports are accurate??? Then we aren’t that far away.
We supposedly offer $4.5m over 4 years?
The dogs supposedly offered $5m over 5 years?
Technically, we have offered a higher yearly rate?
Though our offer has been tabled, so would they update it?
Now we are not chasing AFB, and possibly punting Nofo, we have cash to burn?
AND, we are a better club than those mongrel dogs hahaha

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
Professionalism in our leadership. That’s what we have now.
Lee and Justin did not have that.
They will be credited for getting us out the financial mess we were in though?
As the chairman, Lee is a successful businessman & a fan, who put his money in, Barry is an ex premier & a fan and I don’t think he has put his money in? Though it is not a requirement either.
But I do agree, Shane is what is now needed.
And I hope (like all of us) we can succeed.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
We were never going to b able to lure Luai over to concord knowing that we would be competing with the dogs.We don’t have the deviousness of Gould or the financial wherewithal of the Laundy family albeit Richo is the godsend we’ve been crying out for.No doubt for as long as Richo is at concord & I so hope it’s for a lengthy duration then we will be a force to be reckoned with.

Tigerm

Coach
We were never going to b able to lure Luai over to concord knowing that we would be competing with the dogs.We don’t have the deviousness of Gould or the financial wherewithal of the Laundy family albeit Richo is the godsend we’ve been crying out for.No doubt for as long as Richo is at concord & I so hope it’s for a lengthy duration then we will be a force to be reckoned with.
I think Richo’s comments regarding Luai, will make him feel 10 foot tall?
f**k, he could’ve even caught Brookies passes.
I’m not sure we don’t have a few things that will be appealing to him as well?
I think Benji going to his house was a great move, Luai is known to be very fond of him, plus we have a few ex teammates on our books?

WA Tiger

Bench
Ciraldo is proving to be just as big a snake as Gould, having the hide to say he won’t poach Penrith players 🙄
Yea I remember that comment…Well spotted
(Ciraldo wouldn’t go for a player from Penrith unless that player says theyre leaving the club. A weak comment by itself. I mean he’s obviously he’s looking at leaving if the price is right)

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
If anyone is interested, there are some pretty impressive videos with Richo expressing his views, they are very insightful imo, worth a watch?
Probably get them on YouTube, he is on a podcast “the bye round” with James Graham?

WA Tiger

Bench
I like Richo’s logic re not chasing FB although it somewhat also applies to the halves…also you only go for 2x a $1m ++ players if there’s special circumstances from both parties for both players and that doesn’t apply here …It seems Richo is more clever than all of us as no one made the call before

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
I like Richo’s logic re not chasing FB although it somewhat also applies to the halves…also you only go for 2x a $1m ++ players if there’s special circumstances from both parties for both players and that’s not in play here…It seems Richo is more clever than all of us a no one made the call before
I read it as, the forwards weren’t the problem but the halves were?

The Sydney Morning Herald have postulated that Richardson's appointment is only for 6 months as they suspect he will move into a director of football type role at its conclusion, then a new permanent fulltime CEO would be recruited.

WA Tiger

Bench
I read it as, the forwards weren’t the problem but the halves were?
Correct. the halves tho are better than they were perhaps not as bad as we think and maybe in fact better than we think…so ideal scenario Luai gos back to Penrith with nothing signed untill mid 24 Thatd suit better. Realistic?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yea I remember that comment…Well spotted
(Ciraldo wouldn’t go for a player from Penrith unless that player says theyre leaving the club. A weak comment by itself. I mean he’s obviously he’s looking at leaving if the price is right)

The actual poaching isnt the issue. If he just came out and said 'im committed to making the bulldogs a force and will be targeting the best players to do so' i dont think anyone would hold that against him. Saying that he wont target the Panthers, to then sign Crichton, and offer Leinu/Luai deals is just plain lying.

I also find it hilarious that Gus had banged on about this 'halves academy' they have. Yes if they get Luai will then have two external first grade halves signed for 5 years. Yes great incentive for 16-20 year old halves in your system.

The actual poaching isnt the issue. If he just came out and said 'im committed to making the bulldogs a force and will be targeting the best players to do so' i dont think anyone would hold that against him. Saying that he wont target the Panthers, to then sign Crichton, and offer Leinu/Luai deals is just plain lying.

I also find it hilarious that Gus had banged on about this 'halves academy' they have. Yes if they get Luai will then have two external first grade halves signed for 5 years. Yes great incentive for 16-20 year old halves in your system.

“Police Academy” over there these days.

I remember the players were going to strike about training starting before 9am.

Burto’s game has morphed into a rugby league car accident. Kiks is the other driver involved.

WA Tiger

Bench

I think with Leniu and Crichton they maybe said that we’re leaving Penrith or the club said it’s fine for them to leave?...but with Luai neither he nor the club has said it …Ciraldo said therefore he won’t chase him. It makes him seem highly moral toward his old club but obviously Gus straightened him out

Last edited: