What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nutz

Bench
Shane Richardson
Barry O'Farrell
Matthew Betsey
Benji Marshall
Scott Fulton
John Morris
Brett Kimmorley (NRLW)
Is this the new DNA that is going to kick start this club again?
Well I'm gettin a good feeling about this crew. Also the drawing a line in the sand with Noffa shows the other players, particularly the pathway lads that we are not accepting mediocrity, laziness and disloyalty.

Tigerm

Coach
He oozes Rugby League unlike Pascoe and Lee who ooze something different :)
I agree, but Justin was good on the admin/office side of it, he did some amazing things for the club, but we probably needed a strong football manager, for that to work better?
But Shane is a footy CEO, isn’t he and is certainly what we need now.

Tigerm

Coach
Shane Richardson
Barry O'Farrell
Matthew Betsey
Benji Marshall
Scott Fulton
John Morris
Brett Kimmorley (NRLW)
Is this the new DNA that is going to kick start this club again?
Well I'm gettin a good feeling about this crew. Also the drawing a line in the sand with Noffa shows the other players, particularly the pathway lads that we are not accepting mediocrity, laziness and disloyalty.
I think Barry would like his name on top hahaha

I think Nofo has delayed the inevitable, with the current dramas, but not for long, hopefully?

Tigerm

Coach
Good hear that Richardson is onboard for developing local juniors at Cambelltown. This is wonderful news for you club, and should be the starting point.

Good luck, except when you play Penrith. :p
Well, your team is the yardstick that the rest of us will measure how our seasons are going?

macnaz

Staff member
Incase anyone didnt read this in another thread. View the people on the Barnes/Holman group who pulled the pin on the WT's board ... a lot of them are on TWO boards and sacked themselves from one .
THESE INCOMPETENT PIECES OF SHIT STILL SURVIVE WHILE THEY HAVE BEEN COMPLICIT TO EVERYTHING PASCOE AND LEE HAVE DONE OVER THE YEARS..

macnaz

Staff member
Just when i thought they had turned a corner this club just took their behaviour and entitlement to another level... Same merkins running the show ...NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!

Nutz

Bench
Incase anyone didnt read this in another thread. View the people on the Barnes/Holman group who pulled the pin on the WT's board ... a lot of them are on TWO boards and sacked themselves from one .
THESE INCOMPETENT PIECES OF SHIT STILL SURVIVE WHILE THEY HAVE BEEN COMPLICIT TO EVERYTHING PASCOE AND LEE HAVE DONE OVER THE YEARS..
The saying Dog Eat Dog seems to fit what your saying :)

Nutz

Bench
Just when you think we are on the up so are other teams. The dogs for example have got a formidable backline,
Stephen Crichton
Matt Burton
Connor Tracey
Bronson Xerri
Kurt Mann
Jacob Kiraz, plus several quality utilities.
We however are struggling to snare a quality centre.
Every year we lack some position and get burnt as a result.
The jury is still out regarding our halves.
Not chasing Olam to me is puzzling as he is the type of centre we desperately need....providing he can produce his old form.
There are a few preseason photos of Joshua Feledy putting in which makes me think that we are going to try and push this guy into the top 17.
This year I was critical that he had excess baggage around the waste and was too slow for a strike centre.
If he can fix these issues over a hard preseason then he might live up to all the hype over him when he was at Manly.
Still, he's not the player we need right now to get us off the bottom...prove me wrong pls Josh.
On the upside, signing Solomon Alaimalo for me was a terrific boost as this sought after rugby star has got great football dna.
Tall, fast and can play wing, centre and fullback.
I don't whether his 1 year deal was his or the club's idea?

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Hasn’t taken him long?
We had little trouble advancing up the field so really AFB would be a great signing but a luxury luxury.
It's our edges, halves and centres that needs addressing.
Luai is an important piece of the puzzle.
I think that's what he means by flexibility. We need to snap up marquee players when we desperately need them and build the team around them.

I found God last nite

At least we get a break from Lee poncing about threatening to sue everyone and then hiding under his bed.

Media roll of honour (rebels):

James Hooper
Alan Tongue
Daryl Brohman
Andrew Moore

And our wonderful podcast guys.

Fordy20

Juniors
That was good, thanks for posting.

Gee, hope we can keep him a bit longer than 6 months?
That'll be up to the merkins on the board. Richo's made it pretty clear that he wants members involved and he wants the corporate governance sorted out. In return, he'll put in place the right administration structure and processes that our club has been sorely missing. If he's gone in 6 months, that'll be because the same merkins who have been in charge for at least the past 16 years haven't met their commitments.

Wizardman

First Grade
f**k, Im loving the past 48 hours! We finally have a LEADER with VISION in our club. Richo is basically saying....come with me bastards, lets move forward together! Im heeding that call.

Im not sure about you lot....but I have a lot of mates that give me snarky comments every time the Tigers fail or are perceived to fail. The past 48 hours has been a mix of either (a) no kudos....just silence from the snarky comment people or (b) a couple of people I know actually feel a bit threatened from signs that we may no longer be the joke of the league.

Interesting reactions from people I know and Im bloody loving it!