What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

Coach
Have you been chatting in dark alleyways with my former informant. Trust me, he's shite!
Do they know something? Probably not, or do they? (Insert spooky music)…..but it makes the weekend go by hahaha

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Has the Scott Fulton and Benji Marshall conflict really over?
I think out of all the club's officialdom the working relationship between these two guys is super important....why? Because all the other postions at this stage are interim but not them.
Their two roles are crucial moving forward. They also have "red personalities" which means they both want to lead or be seen making the Ds.
However if Richo can get these two to have a romantic night out and become mates and work together then that would really get this club moving in the right direction.

The only problem I see with interim appointments (including football ops) is accountability. If at some stage if it's not working then they know there's an out and where does that leave us?
Pisces are experts at avoiding conflicts.Unless some dumb pigheaded MF starts pushing their buttons. Then it’s all on....Benji and Fulton are both Pisces and is why not a peep has been heard between them.
At the start they were just going through the normal pleased to meat you “test you out” phase as I think is pretty normal..

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
HBWT twitter:

Michael Chammas reports Jarome Luai has agreed to a five year deal worth more than $6 million with Wests Tigers

Hopefully true and time to get excited.
$1.2 m a year, not bad?
Maybe a reason they dropped off AFB?

So we will end up with a spine of:
Bula
6 ?
Luai
Api
Pretty cool.

BrotherJim05

Bench

1. Bula
2. Steines
3. To'a
4. Olam
5. Tupou
6. Luai
7. Sullivan
8. Stefano
9. Api
10. Klemmer
11. Bateman
12. Papali'i
13. Pole

14. Da Silva
15. Twal
16. Mataumau
17. Kepoa

15/16 will be horses for courses, especially with all the young forwards coming through the ranks.

f**king bring it on!

Tigerm

Coach
Good signing for the Tigers, but if the money reported is right that’s overs in my opinion.
Well, market value is what someone is prepared to pay?
You may think so, but from your position it may look high, but from our position, I think it is a good get, clubs are paying near that for forwards.
Anyway, not confirmed yet, till I see it on our web site.

Tigerm

Coach
What I never considered until right this very instant is the combination Luai and Papali'i could form.

We forget that Papali'i was the most damaging back rower in the game when he had a genuine half to run off.
As well, what he will do for our young kids as a mentor, all of a sudden the future has a brighter look to it.

MugaB

Coach
You may think so, but from your position it may look high, but from our position, I think it is a good get, clubs are paying near that for forwards.
I my opinion its unders for a 5 year span, by the time he reaches year 4 or 5 of that contract, he'll be run of the mill half, compared to the overpaid dreadful halves out there.... here's looking at you chad!

Tigerm

Coach

Still want the WT site to confirm?

Tigerm

Coach
I my opinion its unders for a 5 year span, by the time he reaches year 4 or 5 of that contract, he'll be run of the mill half, compared to the overpaid dreadful halves out there.... here's looking at you chad!
Whatever’s happened has happened, but for me I see his benefits for us as a club, being far more than what we have reportedly paid him?

The main thing that sticks in my mind, was a game last season (can’t really remember the date) when he passed to one of his centres I believe and the guy wasn’t there and he blew up at him, for not being there?

That’s what we need.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors

He'll bring more than just what he offers on the field. This shows the rest of the players in the comp " hey you know what, I think this club is moving in the right direction & I back myself to help turn it around"
The money is massive but not outrageous for 3 time premiership winning half. I was concerned about the AFB deal, this I'm genuinely excited about. Just annoying we have to wait till 2025. This has been a massive week in the club's history. I'm actually feeling excited for the future. Something is haven't felt for at least 5 years now. I just couldn't see us taking steps to turn the clubs on field fortunes around. Now I can. I'm still not sure about Benji as coach but I'll sure as hell be backing him. I don't think we land this signing if he wasn't coach.

Tigerm

Coach
agree

4 years at 4.5m I was fine with

if true 5 years at $6m is fairly huge. We won’t really know if it’s overs until we see what he brings us, but hey, that tigers tax is always gunna be massive
The other thing to consider:
We probably won’t resign Doueihi-$600k
Will Nofo get punted-$525k per year saved potentially?
Sezer probably won’t get resigned, don’t know what his $ was?
So these 3, will cover his salary plus,
Plenty of young blokes already in the top 30, so I expect they are capable to fill a few holes?
We are geared to our pathways, this is the beginning.