What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

Coach
The other thing to consider:
We probably won’t resign Doueihi-$600k
Will Nofo get punted-$525k per year saved potentially?
Sezer probably won’t get resigned, don’t know what his $ was?
So these 3, will cover his salary plus,
Plenty of young blokes already in the top 30, so I expect they are capable to fill a few holes?
We are geared to our pathways, this is the beginning.
Provided he isn’t here for the money only? We have had a few.
Though, I think this isn’t one of them.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Well, market value is what someone is prepared to pay?
You may think so, but from your position it may look high, but from our position, I think it is a good get, clubs are paying near that for forwards.
Anyway, not confirmed yet, till I see it on our web site.
I think it's great news.
Lee and Pascoe gone, Richardon and Luai joining us. I've got all the Christmas presents I need to make me happy.

Good times ahead for the Tigers

simmo1

First Grade
Great signing. Obviously has some risk, but it is one worth taking. Top tier halves don't go on the market often. Even if he sneaks us into the 8, he will cement his legacy.

I don't pay a lot of attention to $ of signings. We will get better value from Luai on $1.2m than Brooks on whatever he was on.

Tigerm

Coach
Great signing. Obviously has some risk, but it is one worth taking. Top tier halves don't go on the market often. Even if he sneaks us into the 8, he will cement his legacy.

I don't pay a lot of attention to $ of signings. We will get better value from Luai on $1.2m than Brooks on whatever he was on.
Good point, what is it worth to get into the top 8, with his help?
A few of the penny supporters have forgotten the pain of this, with 4 successive GF appearances, but it doesn’t last forever, they should enjoy while it lasts.
As we will when it’s our turn.

Nutz

Bench
Pisces are experts at avoiding conflicts.Unless some dumb pigheaded MF starts pushing their buttons. Then it’s all on....Benji and Fulton are both Pisces and is why not a peep has been heard between them.
At the start they were just going through the normal pleased to meat you “test you out” phase as I think is pretty normal..
Sounds a bit fishy to me..Pisces, fishy, get it ha ha I crack myself up...

Vic Mackey

Referee
A few of the penny supporters have forgotten the pain of this, with 4 successive GF appearances, but it doesn’t last forever, they should enjoy while it lasts.

Mate fans of other clubs have no idea what we've been through, not souths, not newcastle, no one. Ive seen my club make 3 semi finals in 34 years, thats not even one every 10 years. There are kids going into high school next year who have never seen the club play a finals game. We have the best fans in the game bar none, I maintain that most other Sydney clubs fold with a record like that.

Nutz

Bench
100% if he signs then that money will be paid back in revenue from memberships, gate takings, merchandise and more importantly sponsors, IF we start winning.

axl rose

Bench
We only got one more season out of our premiership winning half before the Titans offer. Pat Richards went to Wigan. I dont think they have much to complain about.

Nutz

Bench
Mate fans of other clubs have no idea what we've been through, not souths, not newcastle, no one. Ive seen my club make 3 semi finals in 34 years, thats not even one every 10 years. There are kids going into high school next year who have never seen the club play a finals game. We have the best fans in the game bar none, I maintain that most other Sydney clubs fold with a record like that.
Vic I agree, most clubs supporters would piss off especially the modern clubs who have a lot of young members who haven't seen failures like ours.
I think Souths know how we feel mate, a club as rich in history as the tiges and maggies but our new boss has seen them go 180 from the scrap heap to go on and win a GF. Now its our turn.
As Tm keeps saying, "the only way is up"

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
You have 1 more title than parra has .there still hoping sterlo will make a comeback

Tigerm

Coach
How do we look at this?
It’s stated he signed, so does that now mean Penrith can implement the cooling off period, but no one else can now come in and out bid us, is this correct ?

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
The other thing to consider:
We probably won’t resign Doueihi-$600k
Will Nofo get punted-$525k per year saved potentially?
Sezer probably won’t get resigned, don’t know what his $ was?
So these 3, will cover his salary plus,
Plenty of young blokes already in the top 30, so I expect they are capable to fill a few holes?
We are geared to our pathways, this is the beginning.
Theoretically your spine should be your highest paid players and hang around long enough so players coming through the system can learn from them and slot straight in when the spine players are injured or on rep duties.
With the ever increasing salary cap, 5 years will even out.
We are so lucky to have a cheap fullback in Bula. If we had to pay 1m+ for a marquee N⁰1 then we would struggle to buy a marquee ½.
I still believe that Api had a lot to do with the Luai signing as a half needs a great 9 and those two worked together perfectly all the way to the top.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Hear hear !
Spot on
For the 1st time since I ditched my membership approx 5 yrs ago I’m super keen to purchase one for the very least the 5 matches at the 8th wonder

Tigerm

Coach
Hear hear !
Spot on
For the 1st time since I ditched my membership approx 5 yrs ago I’m super keen to purchase one for the very least the 5 matches at the 8th wonder
Not forgetting the pennies are our bitches, for some unexplainable reason hahaha