What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nealo 12

First Grade
100% if he signs then that money will be paid back in revenue from memberships, gate takings, merchandise and more importantly sponsors, IF we start winning.
You do realise that he gets paid out of the salary cap and any revenue eg gate takings , sponsors signing etc you can't just add it to your cap to go spending on more players . Lolz

Marquee signing and solves a whole lot of problems.

As for the overs, we just have to wait to see what he brings.

It’s terrific news that he joins us with so much blood in the water to sign him up and it’s long term, so he’s got confidence.

He goes from the greatest club side in modern history to one of the worst.

Congrats to Fulton and the officials behind the scenes for solving this tricky recruitment jigsaw.

We seem to be doing a lot better without a board!

You do realise that he gets paid out of the salary cap and any revenue eg gate takings , sponsors signing etc you can't just add it to your cap to go spending on more players . Lolz

On your way Karen.

He’d rather play for the spoon club than the amazing smuggy premiers.

Stfu and Kiss our asses.

simmo1

First Grade
Good point, what is it worth to get into the top 8, with his help?

It is worth everything to us. To be 12+ years without playing finals is an embarrassment. Even if we sneak into 8th and lose, at least the streak resets. Most players view the Tigers as where careers go to die, and we will continue to be seen that way until we at least start making the finals every now and again.

Tigerm

First Grade
Read reporting he has not signed yet bulldogs still in with a chance in other words they need to up there money higher bidder gets him
That could be a problem for us then, our accountant plays by the rules? Though we could get the easts one on as a consultant?
I think they have signed about 10 new players this year, one more can’t hurt?
But still doesn’t mean we will be out bid?

MugaB

Coach
Marquee signing and solves a whole lot of problems.

As for the overs, we just have to wait to see what he brings.

It’s terrific news that he joins us with so much blood in the water to sign him up and it’s long term, so he’s got confidence.

He goes from the greatest club side in modern history to one of the worst.

Congrats to Fulton and the officials behind the scenes for solving this tricky recruitment jigsaw.

We seem to be doing a lot better without a board!
I have to point out that you're getting Luai on unders, here's why, 3 premierships as a 5/8th...
Compare that with Mitch Moses ex tigers 5/8th ditch you guys for a club higher up the ladder, lands a 7 figure salary plays halfback..
Flipside Jerome was a junior halfback, playing 5/8th at NRL level winning premierships, now going to a club lowest on the ladder

Das Hassler

Bench
I have to point out that you're getting Luai on unders, here's why, 3 premierships as a 5/8th...
Compare that with Mitch Moses ex tigers 5/8th ditch you guys for a club higher up the ladder, lands a 7 figure salary plays halfback..
Flipside Jerome was a junior halfback, playing 5/8th at NRL level winning premierships, now going to a club lowest on the ladder

Yep...apart from the money I think he's warmed to the idea of the challenge and opportunity to carve out his next chapter under Benj and alongside Api and the others starting to shine and the WT having wiped the slate clean this last week. He could have gotten the exact same deal at the dogs or at worst within 100k and he would have been in another comfort zone with Gus and Ciraldo...I like that motivation if it's that

Tigerm

First Grade
Michael Chammas twitter:
Jarome Luai this morning told his teammates that he was leaving Penrith. Also told them that he was going to Tigers.

As Luai posted on social, no pen to paper yet. Bulldogs still holding out hope. New 10 day cooling off period leaves all options on the table for next fortnight.

Tigerm

First Grade
Michael Chammas twitter:
Jarome Luai this morning told his teammates that he was leaving Penrith. Also told them that he was going to Tigers.

As Luai posted on social, no pen to paper yet. Bulldogs still holding out hope. New 10 day cooling off period leaves all options on the table for next fortnight.
It’s never straight forward hahaha

Nealo 12

First Grade
I really don’t understand what you’re trying to achieve in here? You come across like you’re just having a hissy fit over losing Luai, which I get.
I guess you could see it that way, Im just pointing out that your club has this uncanny ability to make good players into yesterdays hero types , buy you already know that as one of the more reserved WT supporters on here :)

Latest posts