What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hoping Alaimalo delivers and shows the potential for ‘25
17: If no one comes through, I think Kepaoa would probably fill the spot, he covers the wing, centre and S/R reasonably well, I thought?
4: I guess Naden will get his opportunity for the centre, unless somecomes along we don’t know about?
6: will be interesting, Sulivan or Fainu (is he ready?)
13: At this stage it would be between Seyfarth, Matamua & Laulilii (is he ready?)

I think the young blokes will get a shot at some stage in ‘24, depending on how we’re travelling, to find out?

That said, with players going next year (Blore) we still have some cash to go to market?

Is there anyone in the pathways, nsw cup, that come to mind @Vic Mackey that you think may be a Smokey?

Just reading on Twitter, that Tupou has gone to the Dolphins?

By 2025 i would hope that most of the Wests boys coming through are ready for a good go at NRL, theyll be 20/21. As previously mentioned though the issue is most are middle forwards. The back options are Will Craig, Solo Saukuru and Luke Laulili. Luke is 2 years younger then the rest but I think will be ready quicker and the most likley to be a reguar first grader. Below them are the ones more to watch in the backs. @RHYTHM AND STEALTH will give you better info then i can but Onitoni Large (5/8) and Heamasi Makasini (centre) are 2 of the best, if not the best, rated 16 year olds in the country. Large in paritcular will get the Joseph Suaualli hype soon. Then Ali Karnib (fullback/wing) not far behind them. Ill be shocked if Large doesnt debut at 18.

Das Hassler

Bench
Thinking about Luai's leave from Penrith training...could just be that he wants to be away from the pressure he's been copping to stay....no doubt it's coming from near everybody there. A few days away from training .. the Christmas / new year break then the10 days is up

Nutz

Bench
lol No but well picked up. He is just another one of our inferior incomplete footballers with zero future we have in our ranks. We uderstandably judge our player talent on the 4 or 5 games we win and they do some special things , but unfortunately we forget the dogshit these same players produce during the 20 loses.
Got to agree there.
I think we/I supporters are so starved for success that when a player does something spectacular they are all conquering but in reality they're just KOE std players of which we have heaps.
I believe this kid has real potential and I still believe he should be held onto but he is not in an elete class yet, far from it, so he should be paid accordingly.
The other club must realise this and are prepared to develop him hoping he'll hit the mark in a couple of years.
It's a no brainer to swap him out for someone like Olam if we want an instant up grade.
Coaches want action right now to save their bacon and CEO's want to preserve the cap. Interesting juggling match.
The upside to getting the best on offer right now is if successful they breathe confidence in the squad which attracts better players, but if they turn out a flop the joint goes to poop and the cap is blown out.

Nutz

Bench
Thinking about Luai's leave from Penrith training...could just be that he wants to be away from the pressure he's been copping to stay....no doubt it's coming from near everybody there. A few days away from training .. the Christmas / new year break then the10 days is up
Purely set up by his manager to get him out of there, that's what it smells like.

Nutz

Bench
I'm never going to post a thread again without my weeding classes or under the influence of a strong thug.

Tigerm

First Grade
Well, I'm hoping Penrith's ego will lead them to think, that they don't need him, Ivan mocked him, when he first thought about going to the market, so they will let him go?
I doubt it, but you never know. hahaha

Nutz

Bench
Well, I'm hoping Penrith's ego will lead them to think, that they don't need him, Ivan mocked him, when he first thought about going to the market, so they will let him go?
I doubt it, but you never know. hahaha
They wont use him for the club challenge but with Chrighton gone they'll need Jarome for their title defence.

Tigerm

First Grade
They wont use him for the club challenge but with Chrighton gone they'll need Jarome for their title defence.
True, but will Ivan be thinking, he only needs his young bloke?
You've been on there site, they think this (fantastic) success they are having will never end as they will just roll out another kid who will be the next star?

Tigerm

First Grade
Anyway, if Tupou goes early (as in 24) and we get Olam in 24, we still have the building blocks to make a reasonable side, if by some miracle we were to get Luai (I don't really think we will), change reasonable to good:
1. Bula
2. Alaimalo (fingers crossed)
3. T'oa
4. Olam
5. Staines/Lobb
6. Sullivan/Luai
7. Sezer

The halves again, will tell the story? But we were so used to Brooks not delivering, we hopefully get a different mindset with Sezer?
I think the forwards will improve as well (still would have liked AFB), it was a pretty unsettling start last year and imo, the Sheenius just lost it early and we never recovered, so quietly confident we will improve on last years result hahaha

Nutz

Bench
1. Bula
2. Alaimalo (fingers crossed)
3. T'oa
4. Olam
5. Staines/Lobb
6. Sullivan/Luai
7. Sezer
Good points mate.
Lobb is that tall big bloke from Saints. 296cm & 101kg. and Solomon has similar build. Both are quick.
Him and Solomon Alaimalo would be the tallest winger duo going around. Maybe in 2025.
I'm a fan of Staines and I think he's gotta be favorite to lock down one wing spot as he can play right and left wing and I imagine he would be the quickest.
I was just watched the SG Ball 2019 Grand Final and Jayden Sullivan played awesome and was all over Josh Shuster.
The beauty about Luai and Bud is they are interchangeable 7 and 6 which mainly means they can pass off both hands either side of the scrum/play the ball. Both have a great short kicking game.
Bud looks quicker so if I was coach I'd start him at ⅝. There's a year and a bit to sort it out.

Tigerm

First Grade
Good points mate.
Lobb is that tall big bloke from Saints. 296cm & 101kg. and Solomon has similar build. Both are quick.
Him and Solomon Alaimalo would be the tallest winger duo going around. Maybe in 2025.
I'm a fan of Staines and I think he's gotta be favorite to lock down one wing spot as he can play right and left wing and I imagine he would be the quickest.
I was just watched the SG Ball 2019 Grand Final and Jayden Sullivan played awesome and was all over Josh Shuster.
The beauty about Luai and Bud is they are interchangeable 7 and 6 which mainly means they can pass off both hands either side of the scrum/play the ball. Both have a great short kicking game.
Bud looks quicker so if I was coach I'd start him at ⅝. There's a year and a bit to sort it out.
But, who can see and react quicker?
IMO, the 6 gives Luai a bit more time and he needs the ball the most?

Nutz

Bench
But, who can see and react quicker?
Good question. Both have similar traits. I'd say Luai based on his experience at the highest level, NRL grand finals.
Both play heads up style footy. A ⅝ needs to play like a ½ these days as they are often a first receiver. Backs should be grouped as inside backs and outside backs which is a bit different to when I played as a centre.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Purely set up by his manager to get him out of there, that's what it smells like.
I'm feeling a bit stressed that he found it too emotional when he told his team mates he is leaving and is having second thoughts.

God I hope I'm
Voting Election 2020 GIF by Stephen Petronis
wrong.

Tigerm

First Grade
I'm feeling a bit stressed that he found it too emotional when he told his team mates he is leaving and is having second thoughts.

God I hope I'm
Voting Election 2020 GIF by Stephen Petronis
wrong.
You are, it was his financial advisor telling him how much extra money he is going to make, if he moved over now?

Tigerm

First Grade
Good question. Both have similar traits. I'd say Luai based on his experience at the highest level, NRL grand finals.
Both play heads up style footy. A ⅝ needs to play like a ½ these days as they are often a first receiver. Backs should be grouped as inside backs and outside backs which is a bit different to when I played as a centre.
When you played, LO was a brand new ground. Hahaha

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT twitter:

“I probably came away from that series wishing I had played him a little bit more, to be honest because I thought in the last game he made a real impact”

Tonga coach Kristian Woolf declares Latu Fainu as Jarome Luai’s long-term Wests Tigers halves partner

Interesting quote, got to admit I do not follow the young blokes as much I’d like?

Nutz

Bench
My missus seized her Corolla engine and needs a similar new car. Anyone got any glowing endorsements?

Latest posts