What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Now I've seen the video of Luai driving away from training joking that he was going on a coffee run and laughing with the reporters asking if he could get them anything definitely does not look like a man going through grieving,

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don’t want Luai coming for 2024. I’d like to see him serve out his contract with Penrith and finish on good terms. I hated how Moses, Aloiai and Matterson left us and to me is showed the kind of character they have. To me it serves us, Jarome and Penrith best if he plays out 2024 there, gets a well deserved farewell in front of the fans and starts here fresh in the 2025 pre season.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Anyway, if Tupou goes early (as in 24) and we get Olam in 24, we still have the building blocks to make a reasonable side, if by some miracle we were to get Luai (I don't really think we will), change reasonable to good:
1. Bula
2. Alaimalo (fingers crossed)
3. T'oa
4. Olam
5. Staines/Lobb
6. Sullivan/Luai
7. Sezer

The halves again, will tell the story? But we were so used to Brooks not delivering, we hopefully get a different mindset with Sezer?
I think the forwards will improve as well (still would have liked AFB), it was a pretty unsettling start last year and imo, the Sheenius just lost it early and we never recovered, so quietly confident we will improve on last years result hahaha
With 1/ Alaimalo and Olam in and 2/ Tupou out I’m seeing top 8 for ‘24 in a canter esp with our new halves. I think seezer will be here for at least a couple of years. He’s only 32.

Last edited:

TroyJax

Juniors
What a load of bullshit Troy.
Just because I don't rant and rave in every post about the failings of the Wests Tigers, it doesn't mean I accept mediocrity nor do I leave a sinking ship.
Sounds like you need to support a different club troy if you can't find any positives, why do it to yourself fella.
There are no positives currently. Yes, we have removed Pascoe and Lee but are still owned by the same group who has f**ked up every decision for years. Yes, we may have signed Luai, but he has injury concerns and there's no evidence yet that he will gel with our group.
Nothing has been proven to be positive yet. All we have is a bunch of hopeless diehards talking bullshit, trying to convince each other everything will be alright.
Ive seen this movie before and its boring. By all means, keep tugging your little cocks over our juniors and recent signings. Keep telling everyone that guys like To'a, Tupou and Steph are good players. They are far from it currently and have been given plenty of opportunity to show what they have.
I'll stay skeptical until I see what these useless f**kheads come up with in 24.

Nutz

Bench
I don’t want Luai coming for 2024. I’d like to see him serve out his contract with Penrith and finish on good terms. I hated how Moses, Aloiai and Matterson left us and to me is showed the kind of character they have. To me it serves us, Jarome and Penrith best if he plays out 2024 there, gets a well deserved farewell in front of the fans and starts here fresh in the 2025 pre season.
Well said. Another angle would be that his shoulder may cause problems during 2024 season and him coming to us should be subject to a medical assessment.
Loyalty is something that we should be promoting as you said Vic.

Tigerm

First Grade
Agree, but if the pennies throw him to the kerb, we‘ll take him?

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
On the pennies site earlier, some are in melt down, some think he is now a shit person, some are OK but one thinks that now Lauri is signed, we lose young blokes, mainly Galvin, Fainu is garbage, both who just signed here for 3 & 4 years respectively?
They’re not happy. Love it.
They’re a good side with Nathan, but if he goes down for an extended period……..?

Nutz

Bench
Agree, but if the pennies throw to the kerb, we‘ll take him?
Panthers can't blame Luai too much nor us. Ivan should know all about loyalty or lack thereof.
He cant play in the challenge cup and he could miss a chunk of the 2024 regular season so that's not ideal for us either.
Jarome and WT should just relax and let things happen.
As Tm said earlier, next year is an oportunity for all the halves to show what they've got to bring to the table and for Benji to start molding his team.

Nutz

Bench
On the pennies site earlier, some are in melt down, some think he is now a shit person, some are OK but one thinks that now Lauri is signed, we lose young blokes, mainly Galvin, Fainu is garbage, both who just signed here for 3 & 4 years respectively?
They’re not happy. Love it.
They’re a good side with Nathan, but if he goes down for an extended period……..?
Exactly, i said the same thing on their forum earlier, what if Nathan does his ACL?

Tigerm

First Grade
Michael Chammas Twitter:
if I didn’t answer my employer’s calls and got someone else to ring up and tell them that I wasn’t coming to work because I’m angry with them, not sure I’d classify that as being granted leave. Love Jarome, not bagging him. Just stating what’s gone down. Leave… lol

Something has happened between Luai and Pennies?
He wouldn’t do a Tallis, would he?

macnaz

Staff member
For whats its worth , I heard on the radio 2gb ( Mark Levy i believe) saying he had a call from a friend with strong connections to Penrith and that Jarome will be at Camp Concord within a couple of weeks.

Latest posts