What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Luai has not requested a release, although his no-show could prompt the Tigers to push for his immediate transfer to Concord. That would hinge on Penrith agreeing to release him, Luai being willing to leave and the Tigers finding the salary cap space to match his current $780,000 deal.
Thinking aloud, Nofo would probably have a cold spot in his arse after today’s news events?
Sacking him (if it’s considered a sackable offence) gives them some cash should Luai do the unthinkable to Penrith?

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT twitter:
The Bulldogs were in the mix for (Jarome) Luai but it is believed the Penrith superstar has his heart set on joining the Tigers after talks with Marshall and interim chief executive Shane Richardson late last week’ (Telegraph)

I’m going all in, he’s coming and hells coming with him
(Kurt Russell- Tombstone) hahaha
Might even go and say hi to the missus?

WA Tiger

Bench
NBWT twitter:
has his heart set on joining the Tigers after talks with Marshall and interim chief executive Shane Richardson late last week’ (Telegraph)
I think our credibility just shot through the roof. I wondered about the timing so close to Richo joining….this is heading towards how the easts boss operates. He just takes control and has the respect of players

Last edited:
Don’t want to piss in your pool (you know I am supportive of Luai signing) but why do you want Olam? He didn’t get a game in a bad Storm back line last year and will be on a lot of coin.

Isn’t this the type of signing that has been holding the Tigers back for many years?

macnaz

Staff member
Was that a pun macca....flipper hands-dolphins ha ha
lol No but well picked up. He is just another one of our inferior incomplete footballers with zero future we have in our ranks. We uderstandably judge our player talent on the 4 or 5 games we win and they do some special things , but unfortunately we forget the dogshit these same players produce during the 20 loses.

General Stripes

Juniors
Don’t want to piss in your pool (you know I am supportive of Luai signing) but why do you want Olam? He didn’t get a game in a bad Storm back line last year and will be on a lot of coin.

Isn’t this the type of signing that has been holding the Tigers back for many years?
Who said he would be on plenty of coin?

maybe just needs a shot or change of environment

macnaz

Staff member

Well our current backs havnt even shown they can compete and achieve anything .
Olam has! and his background and culture says that he will always give 100% .... not something you can say about any of our current backline.

Tigerm

First Grade

At this stage it's a swap deal, may lead to other things, but who knows?

Das Hassler

Bench
Luai has not requested a release, although his no-show could prompt the Tigers to push for his immediate transfer to Concord. That would hinge on Penrith agreeing to release him, Luai being willing to leave and the Tigers finding the salary cap space to match his current $780,000 deal.

Seems like it should be covered if he wants to and can come over early...will probably have most of Nofo's 500k soon plus we somehow had the money to entertain signing both Luai and AFB and with the hope that AFB could come for '24 ? If it frees the Pennies up with 750k to help retain the others then maybe they might want to let him go early
..especially if he feels undervalued there??

Vic Mackey

Referee

it’s more to do with our centers being so poor. Olam ain’t great, but he’s instantly our best center. He also got back in the storm side and scored a pretty decent try in the prelim. The storms edges were all at sea last year on both sides. Personally thought it all started from their back rowers.

Latest posts