What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT:
It’s understood WT/Storm are edging towards a deal that could result in an immediate Olam/Blore swap. Benji Marshall has taken a personal interest in the deal, with Olam and Melbourne holding further talks this week about a move (Telegraph)

Nutz

Bench
NBWT:
It’s understood WT/Storm are edging towards a deal that could result in an immediate Olam/Blore swap. Benji Marshall has taken a personal interest in the deal, with Olam and Melbourne holding further talks this week about a move (Telegraph)
When was this posted Tm... it's not rehashed is it?

Tigerm

First Grade
When was this posted Tm... it's not rehashed is it?
Maaate...... all my stuff is fresh, never been used, the man I got it off though, looks a bit dodgy, but he said it's beeuutttiful. hahaha

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
NBWT:

im still fairly non fussed about this one. I do wonder if there’s thoughts of releasing Tupou early though.

innsaneink

Referee
I hope it happens coz as someone else said Olam will immediately become our no. 1 centre.Geez I hope we have a clone or 2 of Rowdy in our junior rep teams next season
I dunno...i reckon hes broken, possible chronic injury...his fall from form was very drastic, cant think of any other reason

Nutz

Bench
im still fairly non fussed about this one. I do wonder if there’s thoughts of releasing Tupou early though.
Food for thought Vic....

"Athletes who had once mastered the game, are always dangerous " Vince Lombardi, Head Coach Green Bay Packers (1959-67), Washington Redskins

I think in Olam's case, if he can reproduce his ealier forum he would be perfect playing along side To'a and Sullivan.

Nutz

Bench
I dunno...i reckon hes broken, possible chronic injury...his fall from form was very drastic, cant think of any other reason
He broke his arm. Came back just before the finals and played well. He's far from finished imo.
Certainly no greater than 2 yrs though which I don't think he wants. It will be his last contract.
I think if we don't grab him he'll head to uk.
He is however still under contract and I don't know what pommy club would trade?

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
I had a feeling that was the case, but I think it was, that it was expected they would waive the cooling off period, if they got Olam, though it's not on the WT site, so it's probably just paper talk?
But Olam, is only for the swap year, so if it works, it's brilliant, if it fails, we are no worse off than if we didn't have him? I guess, if it works, we make an offer?
If Blore goes down there for 24, we won't see him again.

I don’t want Luai coming for 2024. I’d like to see him serve out his contract with Penrith and finish on good terms. I hated how Moses, Aloiai and Matterson left us and to me is showed the kind of character they have. To me it serves us, Jarome and Penrith best if he plays out 2024 there, gets a well deserved farewell in front of the fans and starts here fresh in the 2025 pre season.

I understand your sentiments, but with the management change and some key recruits and so forth, I’d love to have him here as early as humanly possible.

It would also be a massive boost for Benji and the squad generally.

It would really help Benji make a good fist of the season where he’s under a lot of pressure.

I’d be happy for a loan arrangement plus cash until his massive contract kicks off.

Richo to connive and come up with something.

Watching JL run out against the smug next year would be great.

They will still boast a formidable roster.

They’ve lost a lot of superb players last few years, but in some ways, they’ve got even stronger.

Not that they aren’t our bitches at the moment.

Last edited:
Watching Richo note who he has met and who he hasn’t met was interesting last week.

Simply wouldn’t be drawn into any of the old Politics. Waste of time.

That’s appropriate.

Lee and co can sit and stew, but the jig is up.

Fulton and Richo first meeting would be good.

Tigerm

First Grade
He was the only one I could tolerate.

He had a tough assignment feeding us bullshit for so long at the Boards orders.

I hope he stays in the game.

He did a good job with the white elephant.
I said earlier, I believe he was the right man for the job, when he started, we were a financial basket case.
But, he was an administrator not a footy head, Richo is a footy head and it shows.
Hopefully he stays longer than the 6 months?

macnaz

Staff member
Im thinking the same , but kinda pushing those thoughts to the back of my head and hoping he will be as good as he used to be 👍🏻

Latest posts