What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

I said earlier, I believe he was the right man for the job, when he started, we were a financial basket case.
But, he was an administrator not a footy head, Richo is a footy head and it shows.
Hopefully he stays longer than the 6 months?

Richo will almost certainly sign on for a lot longer than that.

He’s been brought in to review everything top to bottom and set the admin wheels in motion.

Try to jump start what was an obvious disconnect between officialdom and fans.

He’s already pushing memberships and I expect we will see some recovery there.

You can see he’s very experienced in the whole media thing, exudes confidence.

He’s a bit more robust and straightforward than the corporates running other clubs. He’s a fighter as well.

He said he started with the books in order and quite a lot of control. He likes that.

It’s going to take him a few years at least.

He sacked his good mate John Lang at South’s, that’s so 180 from Lees command.

I think confidence in the club is a very big factor and he brings that.

The hate on Pascoe got a bit silly when he was criticised for kicking the ball around before the game that time.

I think his biggest positive was his reaching out to Fulton behind Tim’s back.

That was the beginning of the end for the regime.

By my reckoning, at the time, Tim only had the carriage of the squad for one pre season and a couple of months.

But wisely, Justin predicted we didn’t have the players.

Fulton brings Fainus and Bud and was obviously working very hard for JL.

The unanswered question is whether Benji and Fulton have connected.

Note Richo putting the pressure back in Benji, “we will get him the tools etc”. so if Benji crashes and burns its on Benji.

And pathways utterances.

Anyway, it’s still all very fluid, dynamic and combative.

The mad vortex that is the Wests Tigers.

I’m also enjoying the interest and coverage.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Richo will almost certainly sign on for a lot longer than that.

He’s been brought in to review everything top to bottom and set the admin wheels in motion.

Try to jump start what was an obvious disconnect between officialdom and fans.

He’s already pushing memberships and I expect we will see some recovery there.

You can see he’s very experienced in the whole media thing, exudes confidence.

He’s a bit more robust and straightforward than the corporates running other clubs. He’s a fighter as well.

He said he started with the books in order and quite a lot of control. He likes that.

It’s going to take him a few years at least.

He sacked his good mate John Lang at South’s, that’s so 180 from Lees command.

I think confidence in the club is a very big factor and he brings that.
He's got a business going with his son, so no guarantee how long he will be here?

Nutz

Bench
Settle down, as I said, the past is the past and all I want to read on this forum is tiger stuff. Whenever I visit other forums I'm respectful and feel this should be a boomerang.
People have the option to take their non related forum stuff to PM or do what I do and put on ignore.

Nutz

Bench
Does anyone know where the list of Wests tigers official player/signing numbers are.
I saw it in the WT site some time ago but can't find it.
It basically lists player numbers like #1 which was Joel Caine through to Will Smith #272.
When they make their NRL debut they are given the next number.

macnaz

Staff member
Does anyone know where the list of Wests tigers official player/signing numbers are.
I saw it in the WT site some time ago but can't find it.
It basically lists player numbers like #1 which was Joel Caine through to Will Smith #272.
When they make their NRL debut they are given the next number.
Yeah i believe so

Nutz

Bench
I think we’ve based the club’s future on your mates recommendation, don’t tell us now it was all on just hope? Hahah
We Wests Tigers supporters live on hope.
It's like flying on one wing and a prayer.
Solomon is a gun but whether he can adapt from union to the NRL is the big question. I think he can.
Ironically, the man he is replacing played a year with the Brumbies.

Tigerm

First Grade
We Wests Tigers supporters live on hope.
It's like flying on one wing and a prayer.
Solomon is a gun but whether he can adapt from union to the NRL is the big question. I think he can.
Ironically, the man he is replacing played a year with the Brumbies.
I think it’s mainly the defence and positional play, where they struggle, if he gets in the clear in attack, he should be fine?
But, the conversion from rugby to league isn’t great, is it?

Tigerm

First Grade

Tiger Ted

Bench

I admit, I don’t follow Mose Suli’s career at all, but I didn’t think he was going that well?
But the poor drags are beside themselves for getting his signature for another 3 years. Like us, they have had a rough trot getting players to play there.
Though we have had a bit of success the last few years.
Agree he hasn’t been going so well & he certainly doesn’t deserve an extra 3 yrs.When he 1st came on the seen with us some of his performances were top draw.I remember being at a sat nite game at the 8th wonder & we were playing Cronulla & Suli played all over his opp centre Jack bird who was in career best form.I went away thinking this kid is going to b something special until of course the wrong influences got a hold of him & he quickly derailed.