What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Agree he hasn’t been going so well & he certainly doesn’t deserve an extra 3 yrs.When he 1st came on the seen with us some of his performances were top draw.I remember being at a sat nite game at the 8th wonder & we were playing Cronulla & Suli played all over his opp centre Jack bird who was in career best form.I went away thinking this kid is going to b something special until of course the wrong influences got a hold of him & he quickly derailed.

Hopefully Flanno can bring him back to life.

I like my Patrick Herbert, so much promise so underdone.

Benji just has to remember, we want the steady building success, before we try to more tricky things.

We have such a young side, very interesting one at that.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Given the news of Tupou leaving for the Dolphins (very unfortunate), and the issues we've been having with Nofoluma, I feel like we may need to go after a winger for 2025.

Josh Addo Carr comes off contract at the ends of 2025, so he can start negotiating end of 2024.

I'm going to start a rumour, lets see where it lands: Josh Addo Carr to get out of his contract early and finish his career with Tigers.

General Stripes

Juniors
Given the news of Tupou leaving for the Dolphins (very unfortunate), and the issues we've been having with Nofoluma, I feel like we may need to go after a winger for 2025.

Josh Addo Carr comes off contract at the ends of 2025, so he can start negotiating end of 2024.

I'm going to start a rumour, lets see where it lands: Josh Addo Carr to get out of his contract early and finish his career with Tigers.
Look, would be nice as long as we don’t over pay.

JL brings a whole new dynamic to the backs, we’d probably get away with another big youngster with some toe on the flanks.

Junior was really going places, but I think repairs are far more pressing in other spots.

Plus youth means general mobility which is good in todays game.

I was just thinking bud needs a lot of hands on to make the best of his game week in and week out. SGI lads a bit sad to see him go. They see great potential.

The matters raised tend to emphasise the difficulty in the modern recruitment environment.

You’d be stretched pillar to post all day and all night.

You are both right.

Value for player is critical as is fixing the holes.

That’s why Brooksy lost me. Just the quid he was on, being outshined and outplayed by factory. Nothing personal.

Anyway, Richo is right that we move forward now. But I see some fun in some of the shocking conduct we’ve seen last few years.

We should have kept Justin and just let him manage non-footy matters.

Some kind of miracle we performed so badly, made mistake after mistake but somehow remained solvent.

Did our best to destroy everything but somehow sign the best player on earth from last place.

Justin wasn’t that bad. Just keep him locked up.

And you’d have to wonder how many clubs are after Bula. Junior v Bula it’s Bula.

He’s just started, barely knows nrl and you sense his footy instinct. Footwork too.

I’d love to see him powered up physically as well. A bit more bulk for his diligent fends.

And in all honesty, a critical position. Nowhere to hide!

Plus a bit of the Pride in jersey. That never gets stale.

Last edited:
Could Probably make an underbelly series .

Directed by Tarantino.

That dwarf from Lord of the Rings could play Harto.

Leonardo DiCaprio as Benji Marshall.

Gene Hackman as Tim Sheens

Marlon Brando as Lee H

Denzel Washington as Noddy.

Still casting for Justin.

The old board could include the banana in pyjamas, the paddle pop Lion etc.

Nutz

Bench
Of course I wouldn't knock Josh Adabus back as a cheapie but that won't happen one would think, he is an ex-international/SOO player.
I just didn't like the way Josh Adabus gave us the flick so soon after we discovered him to join Melbourne. He then gave us the flick to join the dogs. I'd like us to be in a position never to be used as a door mat again.
Despite Noffa's poor form with his training antics, he will probably be on one wing with Charlie Staines on the other next year but if Noffa gets the flick then Josh Adabus would be ok (at the right price as you said) for a 2 year deal with Alex Lobb and Solomon Alaimalo as reserves. These two have a big future imo.
Olam should be our main focus for me.

My big concern at this stage is if we sign Jarome Luai in 2025 we will have a real gun in Latu Fainu sitting on the bench or in regies. In his debut games for Somoa he played more of a dummy half role as he's too small for a centre.
Otherwise he could play a second ⅝ role which a lot of clubs do these days. This would mean To'a gets pushed to the wing with Naden partnering Olam in the centres.
I feel uneasy about all of this.
We have to see what the club intends to do with Adam Doueihi, Josh Feledy, and Israel Ogden as this may effect what in turn happens with Naden playing centre.
Winger Jordan Hill is a huge loss for us as he's signed with the slimies.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Even though Moses Suli is a bit lazy and inconsistent I though he would have made a good centre pairing with Justin Olam. Imagine Suli, Olam and To'a running together in a backline movement, throw in Bula or Stains completing the raids. Mmmm

murraymob

Coach
Even though Moses Suli is a bit lazy and inconsistent I though he would have made a good centre pairing with Justin Olam. Imagine Suli, Olam and To'a running together in a backline movement, throw in Bula or Stains completing the raids. Mmmm
Good to I am not the only one up at 4 in the morning.Sulu has a lot of talent but as others have way to lazy to really be a good buy .His lateral defence is poor and gets caught on the inside way to often .Silverdale has more stamina he at least pumps out a solid 5 minutes

Nutz

Bench
Good to I am not the only one up at 4 in the morning.Sulu has a lot of talent but as others have way to lazy to really be a good buy .His lateral defence is poor and gets caught on the inside way to often .Silverdale has more stamina he at least pumps out a solid 5 minutes
Ha ha, bloody painkillers Murray have turned me into a possum.
I've always thought Suli was lazy and star struck.
When wests tigers signed him on big money as a potential superstar he turned into a fat rock then he went to Manly and imitated Josh Shuster.
But I must say he regained a bit of form late this year and that's why he's retained at Saints I believe.

MugaB

Coach
Directed by Tarantino.

That dwarf from Lord of the Rings could play Harto.

Leonardo DiCaprio as Benji Marshall.

Gene Hackman as Tim Sheens

Marlon Brando as Lee H

Denzel Washington as Noddy.

Still casting for Justin.

The old board could include the banana in pyjamas, the paddle pop Lion etc.
This guy to play brooksy
Screenshot_20210724-183624_Gallery.jpg

And this guy to play the villain in the story, the dreaded bus driver

Screenshot_20231224_055321_Gallery.jpg
If he dies he dies!!

Last edited:

Latest posts