What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
I am making a few assumptions here.
The Olam and Blore swap, is only for this season and both clubs would need to cover the salary of the incoming player, that probably means we will pay extra for Olam, over Blore?

In 25, Blore is already signed with the Storm, as is Olam, so unless Storm want to put him on the market and we want to sign him, he is only here for 24?

If by chance he was put on the market, there is no guarantee someone would cover his existing contract, whatever that amount is, so Storm may have to cover some of it.

But all that is for the end of this season?
Twitter is saying Olam on $475 per year, they have him for 3 years, maybe why they are keen to put him on the market.

Not sure what Blore would have been on, but wouldn’t expect to be anywhere near Olam’s numbers.

Tigerm

First Grade
Twitter is saying Olam on $475 per year, they have him for 3 years, maybe why they are keen to put him on the market.

Not sure what Blore would have been on, but wouldn’t expect to be anywhere near Olam’s numbers.
Zero tackle have Nofo on $525 per, (I know who I’d rather have) and he carries on like a princess, he should know he is way over paid and will never see that sort of money again, imo.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
I wonder how much Blore is on with us.
I hope he doesn't forget who paid for his rehab and salary without getting much in return.

Nutz

Bench
Zero tackle have Nofo on $525 per, (I know who I’d rather have) and he carries on like a princess, he should know, he is way over paid and will never see that sort of money again, imo.
Rep, proof of a bungling previous administration.

Nutz

Bench
Zero tackle have Nofo on $525 per, (I know who I’d rather have) and he carries on like a princess, he should know, he is way over paid and will never see that sort of money again, imo.
They also say that bradman best and dylan edwards were on 500k.
Those on here who said they wated jac, well he's on 550k apparently. Out of all those I mentioned I'd trade noffa for any of them.

Tigerm

First Grade
I wonder how much Blore is on with us.
I hope he doesn't forget who paid for his rehab and salary without getting much in return.
No idea, but had a feeling it was in the $200k+ region.

Maybe hence why negotiations took a while hahaha

There’s a lot to like about Olam when he’s on his game.

He’s very obviously had a massive break up with Bellamy and co which i guess is game related.

I say that because for all his huff and puff and public bad humour, Bellamy looks the other way to his players misdemeanours.

Especially their Mad Monday carry-ons. They are notorious, not just the puff powder stuff, which I thought brought the game into disrepute.

Not that recreational abuse of illicit drugs aren’t unknown in the game.

In order to get Bellamy miffed, your crime would need to be failing to follow lawful footy instructions and maybe some white-anting.

It could be too that Bellamy is too intense and rigid, Justin seems more creative, huge unit.

Blore is about the best guy in Rugby League. He did everything he could possibly do to recover to play for us.

My footy contacts say his body will never be right, he will always be a risk.

I don’t think Bellyaches plans would give him much comfort for an extended career.

He embraced our club to the full. I duff the fedora and will keep a caring eye out for the big lug!

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
There’s a lot to like about Olam when he’s on his game.

He’s very obviously had a massive break up with Bellamy and co which i guess is game related.

I say that because for all his huff and puff and public bad humour, Bellamy looks the other way to his players misdemeanours.

Especially their Mad Monday carry-ons. They are notorious, not just the puff powder stuff, which I thought brought the game into disrepute.

Not that recreational abuse of illicit drugs aren’t unknown in the game.

In order to get Bellamy miffed, your crime would need to be failing to follow lawful footy instructions and maybe some white-anting.

It could be too that Bellamy is too intense and rigid, Justin seems more creative, huge unit.

Olams and interesting one, I’m not doing cartwheels over the signing however it’s someone who’s likely worth the risk. It’s worth noting he has play NRL for 6 seasons, in that time has generally been in the top 3-5 centres in the game, do you focus on that or the poor half a season he has last year? (Worth noting he did finish the year back in first grade). Either way if he comes then even at lower form he’s still our best centre.

Nutz

Bench
Olams and interesting one, I’m not doing cartwheels over the signing however it’s someone who’s likely worth the risk. It’s worth noting he has play NRL for 6 seasons, in that time has generally been in the top 3-5 centres in the game, do you focus on that or the poor half a season he has last year? (Worth noting he did finish the year back in first grade). Either way if he comes then even at lower form he’s still our best centre.
Exactly how I see it. He is 30 I think, so this is his swan song. I'm hoping for a rejuvenated bloke playing in a new club and under a coach who is all about confidence, encouragment and effort.
This might be exactly what's needed to get him going....a little bit different from the yelling of bellyache.....just a gut feeling I'm getting.

Tigerm

First Grade
There’s good banter from opposition fans and then there’s just trolling. This is the former and is always welcome.
For another forum who now thinks we got it wrong signing Luai on way too much money, they are over quite a bit talking shit, aren’t they.

We will see what he’s worth come 25?

Q. What happens if Nate goes down for a long injury, they have half their salary cap on him.

Blues Riff

Bench
For another forum who now thinks we got it wrong signing Luai on way too much money, they are over quite a bit talking shit, aren’t they.

We will see what he’s worth come 25?

Q. What happens if Nate goes down for a long injury, they have half their salary cap on him.
A. He's on the same money as you're paying JL. Nathan also missed large chunks of the last two seasons. We did ..... OK.

WA Tiger

Bench
Is that you Silverdale?
Sure sounds like you.
Come on admit it.
Then again it could be someone impersonating you impersonating someone else.
Hard to tell who is who anymore.
By the way this isn't really me. I'm someone else.
I don’t think he uses “merkins”

Latest posts